Forgiveness

Wuthering Heights

‘It take a lot of courage to love something

that death can touch'

-Jill Wolfson

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

         Seunghyun first stepped inside the big and green garden. He took a deep breath and his heart suddenly stopped beating. He could feel all the parts of his body failing, especially his legs. In his mind, Dark Paradise by Lana Del Rey was playing.

 

All my friends tell me I should move on…

 

         He cleaned the sweat that was slowly forming on his forehead because of the anxiety. But he didn’t want to turn back and leave. He wanted to be there, because he missed her.

 

I’m lying in the ocean singing your song Oh oh oh oh, that’s how you sing it…

 

         Looking around, he didn’t feel surprise about the little quantity of people who were there and he noticed that most of them were workers.

 

Loving you forever can’t be wrong…

 

         Taking a little of courage, he closed his eyes and sighed tiredly. He had to do that, there was no other way.

 

Even now you are not here won’t move on Oh oh oh oh, that’s how we play it…

 

         He stared at the ground while stepping cautiously on it, with the shaking feet and hands.

 

And there’s no remedy for memory your face is like a melody, it won’t leave my head…

 

         The lake in front of him seemed to be so empty even if filled with the water. It seemed to be so lonely, the same way he was.

 

Your soul is hunting me and telling me that everything is fine, but I wish I was dead…

 

         Finally, Seunghyun arrived. He stared at the land under him and felt tears forming on his eyes. He took a deep breathe, reading the next words on the grave:

 

Every time I close my eyes, it’s like a dark paradise…

 

‘Stephanie Young Hwang, lovely friend, girlfriend and daughter.’

 

No one compares to you, I’m scared that you, won’t be waiting on the other side…

 

         He kneeled in front of it and smiled weakly, imagining to be facing her. The guilty was eroding him inside.

 

All my friends ask me why I stay strong…

 

“Hey, Tiff” Seughyun whispered, controlling a stubborn tear.

 

Tell'em when you find true love it lives on…

 

“It’s been a while since I don’t come here, right?” he gave up on holding the emotion of the moment and broke down, right in front of there “I’m sorry. I’ve been thinking about you every single second of my day”.

 

Oh oh oh, that’s why I stay here…

 

“I feel so alone without you” he continued “Nobody treats me like before. Dara, for example; she hates me and she blames me for what happened to you”.

 

And there’s no remedy for memory your face is like a melody, it won’t leave my head…

 

“You didn’t need to leave, my love” he raised his head to stare at the rock monument “I didn’t cheat on you. I’d never do that to you, my princess”.

 

Your soul is hunting me and telling me that everything is fine, but I wish I was dead…

 

“But don’t worry; I already sorted out my things with that ” Seunghyun formed fits with his hands, the anger taking over his senses.

 

Every time I close my eyes, it’s like a dark paradise…

 

“Can’t you come back to me?” he started to whisper again.

 

No one compares to you, I’m scared that you, won’t be waiting on the other side…

 

“I miss you” he sighed tiredly “And I won’t give up on you until we are together again” he stood up quickly and wiped the tears. Staring one more time to that thing, he added his sunglasses and left the place.

 

No one compares to, but there’s no you, except in my dreams tonight…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sweet dreams are made of this…

Who am I to disagree?

 

         Bom heard a voice singing and decided to open her eyes, but a strong light hurt her pupils, forcing the girl to close them again. She pouted confused, not understanding what was going on. Her mind was full with all the things that happened and, the last memory she could remember was of Seunghyun’s death gaze on her.

         Trying to avoid those thoughts, she opened her eyes with success this time. She saw herself facing a white ceiling. Sitting, she found out that the whole place was white and completely desert. Furrowing her eyebrows in curiously, she decided to stand up and try to find someone.

         The sound of water called her attention by behind. Bom turned around in time to face a long lake with a magnificent waterfall. Now seeing better, she stepped back surprised when a shadow started leaving the water and walked towards her, with a smile; but not a friendly smile.

“Hey” the blonde woman said. Bom gasped for the correct words but nothing came from . She didn’t know how to react “I don’t bite.  Only if you want” the other roared, trying to copy a cat and started laughing.

“Who are you?” the black haired girl asked, a bit scared of what was happening. The woman rolled her eyes and turned around “Am I dead?”

“Unhappily, no” she replied, backing the gaze to Bom “But, if I play my cards correctly, you’ll be as soon as possible”.

“What?”

“He’s going to kill you and do you know why?” she disappeared and, suddenly, appeared right behind Bom “Because I’ll ask him to”.

         The girl felt chills on her spine and turned to face the blonde. Trying to think about some kind of answer, she admired how much the woman was pretty: the long blonde hair falling on her shoulders was covering her body; the black make up added with the red lipstick gave her an evil look. Bom decided to stare at herself: she was wearing a white dress, flying with the light wind. They both seemed to be the opposite of each other, as if one was from death and, the other, from life.

         She smiled at our main character and started to become something weird. The right side of her body started to increase, as if forming another person. Bom’s eyes became like two bowling balls and her soul started to leave her body. The second person formed was exactly like Bom: the same black hair, the same chubby lips, the same big eyes and the same cheeks.

         The two smiled and started walking towards Bom, with the arms opened in her direction.

“Come here, twin” the clone smirked and grabbed her collar, violently.

“NO!”

“BOM!” the girl opened her eyes abruptly in time to face Dara staring at her worried. She sighed in relief, jumping on her embrace.

“Where have you been?” she asked between cries, trying to kill the longing that she felt for the friend.

“I’m sorry, I had problems in home” the roommate tried to explain, caressing her hair gently. Bom stared at her deeply.

“What happened?” she questioned and Dara sighed.

“My grandfather passed away” the blonde tried to contain her own tears but felt it would be useless.

“I’m so sorry” Bom whispered in panic, holding her hands “I know how it feels like”.

“It’s my entire fault” the roommate’s voice failed.

“His death?”

“No” Sandara stared deeply in her friend’s eyes “What happened to you”.

“No, of course no!” Bom yelled angry “It’s his fault, not yours. Stop it, Dara”.

“I should know he’d do that to you” she sobbed “Look at your face”.

         Taking a mirror, Dara placed it right in front of the girl. Bom closed her eyes and took a deep breath before deciding to face the mess the boy would have done to her: it was awful. She felt tears forming while staring at the long cut on her right eyebrow, the bruises on the lips and the big hematoma under her left eye, threatening to explode in a big pool of blood in any minute.

“Oh my God” she whispered terrified.

“He’s a monster, I know” Dara said with the weak voice, feeling totally blamed because of the occurred.

“I can’t believe” Bom covered her face with the hands in a hysterical scream.

“He’ll pay for it!” the other yelled, trying to cheer up the friend.

“Dara” her eyes slowly turned to face her “He’s not the monster right now; I am”.

         And, with that, Bom screamed even louder. She felt like trash. She wasn’t herself anymore; she was ugly. All her vain concepts were now gone and, in her mind, they would never come back. It was obvious that, what Seunghyn had done to her, would let a lot of scars. But wasn’t this what really killed her inside. She felt like a monster because of her last words to him. Who does she thinks she is to say something like that about someone she doesn’t even know? She didn’t have any idea of who Stephanie was and, less than that, she didn’t know what was her relationship with the boy. She didn’t have the right to tell him something so rude like that.

“To me, you’re still pretty” Dara smiled friendly.

“I need to apologize” Bom said, sitting on the bed. The friend stared at her confused.

“What do you mean?”

“Seunghyun” she spoke “I need to apologize to him”.

“WHAT?!” Dara stared at her with the widened eyes. She couldn’t believe in the other’s words. Bom nodded.

“I was so mean to him”.

“HE HURT YOU! HE PUNCHED YOU WITH HIS OWN HANDS, WITHOUT ANY REASON! DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT YOU WERE MEAN TO HIM?”

“I told him something so stup-“

“YOU ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE” the blonde stood up nervously “I’m going to get the doctor and you better stay here or the things will get even worse than how they actually are”.

         Leaving the room without any other word, Dara closed the door with so much strength that one of her frames fell on the floor. Bom sighed tiredly before walking towards it, to try fix. She grabbed the white object in her hands and stared at the picture of three girls happily smiling: one of them was Dara; the second and the third, she didn’t know. Or did she? Her eyes grew when she finally realized who the last one was. She felt her heart beating even faster than before and her eyes started to burn. No, that couldn’t be the same blonde girl of her dream, no way…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

         The door opened violently, revealing a very angry Siwon.

“WHAT THE IS WRONG WITH YOU?” he shouted while grabbing the brother’s collar. Seunghyun pretended to ignore him “I MADE YOU A QUESTION. ANSWER!”

“What’s going on?” Jiyong came from the bathroom quickly. He stared surprised at the scene in front of him.

“THIS JERK PUNCHED BOM!” Siwon screamed, with the veins of his neck jumping. He watched while the brother smirked and he felt disgusted.

“Well, if I did that, is because she deserved” he replied.

         This time, the younger couldn’t control himself. He really couldn’t believe in what the other was saying; how could he hit an innocent and vulnerable girl and don’t even care about what he did? He felt sick and the desire to vomit started growing inside him.

“Calm down, Siwon. You can’t blame him totally” Jiyong came closer, trying to fix the situation.

“Should I blame her for what he did?” he asked as if it was the most stupid thing in the universe. One more time, the brother smirked.

“We don’t know what happened, man. Maybe she tried to provoke him or someth-“

“YOU ARE WRONG, JIYONG!” Siwon yelled “BOM IS A GOOD GIRL, SHE WOULDN’T DO THAT. STOP TRYING TO DEFEND YOUR FRIEND, BECAUSE I KNOW THAT YOU KNOW HE’S THE WRONG ONE” finishing his sentence, the black haired man threw Seunghyun on the floor and left like a rocket.

“You’re in so much trouble” Jiyong commented, staring at the friend on the ground.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You can’t expel him!” Mr. Choi exclaimed on the phone. The principal sighed heavily.

“He punched a student, sir. She stood in a quick coma and her face is almost completely destroyed. What do you want me to do?” Mr. Maeng replied tiredly. The man on the other line started to get more nervous.

“Do you want me cut relationships with your school?” he muttered through greeted teeth.

“I already said that we don’t need your money, sir. You can take it with you”.

“So, I am going to do something worse” Mr. Choi smirked evilly “I’m going to tell the police everything that I know” the principal felt his skin freezing.

“You can’t” he stammered and started to calm down when something came into his mind “If you do that, I’ll also report you for everything that I know” the other man laughed sickeningly.

“Shut up. Look at me and then look at you. I can finish your life with a simple click with my fingers” he made the gest “And, if I’m going down, then I’m dragging everyone that I know with me. But it’s your choice: or you keep with my son or you can say hello to the jail” he finished his sentence and hung up angrily.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

         Bom stared at the long corridor in front of her and sighed tiredly. Since the occurred, this was the first day she was going to class. It had been a week since Seunghyun punched her face and she was feeling totally ashamed in coming back to meet the rest of the people. The good thing was that Dara was with her. The roommate had told her that Seunghyun decided to change of partner with Taeyang, as he wanted to avoid Bom completely. Now, he’d be working with the beautiful Hyuna.

“Are you okay?” Dara asked slowly, smiling towards the friend, who nodded quietly “Don’t worry, he won’t touch you”.

“I know” Bom replied quickly, not interested in start a conversation.

         They entered the place and everyone stared at the two. The blonde grabbed the other’s hand and raised her head, trying to look confident. They ignored all the whispers until they reached their seats. In the whole path, Bom kept her gaze on the floor, not feeling able to face anyone, especially him. She thought it’d be better if their “friendship” finished. To be honest, she started to get scared of him and, in her mind, the distance would be the best medicine.

“Morning” she heard a voice behind her and, slowly, turned around to see a blonde guy smiling “I am Taeyang” he bowed and grabbed her hand, kissing it gently.

         Bom smiled weakly and nodded, also bowing. Her tongue seemed to be stuck inside . Dara looked at her confused and sighed sadly.

“Bommie, you’ll have to work with the same partner ‘till the end of the semester” she explained calmly. She knew that the roommate wasn’t in her best conditions.

“Oh” the black haired girl exclaimed, standing up “Where are you sitting at?” she asked.

“There” Taeyang smiled and pointed towards two chairs, next to his friends.

         Bom held her breath when her gaze met Seunghyun’s one. He had a victorious smile formed on his lips and this was enough to break her down. Without hesitating, she fell on the cold ground, feeling tears falling with her.

“JESUS!” Dara yelled, running towards her.

         She stared at the vulnerable friend and her heart melted. The bruised face was a little bit better but still very hurt. A wave of pain filled her with the image and she tried to control herself; but she knew it wouldn’t work.

         Sandara stood up violently and crossed the room in so much speed that nobody noticed her. She approached the boy she most hated and, staring deeply at him with her angry eyes, she slapped his face the stronger that she could. Her hands started to hurt with the brutal touch but she really couldn’t stop; he deserved.

“WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?” Seunghyun looked at her totally shocked about the situation. He touched his left cheek, feeling all that pain taking over on that region “ARE YOU GOING TO HIT ME?” Dara asked in her brave tone, not really worrying about his next reaction “IS THIS WHAT YOU DO? HIT INNOCENT GIRLS?” the tears started falling “YOU ALSO CHEAT ON THEM, RIGHT? YOU THINK WE ARE TOYS, DON’T YOU?” he faced her unable to say a word “You are the worst man in this world and I wish you could die” she prepared herself to another slap but two hands grabbed hers.

“Stop it” Bom whispered, trying to make the friend back to the reality “Please, don’t hurt him” she begged weakly.   

         Dara’s eyes grew at the view of her roommate defending the man who almost killed her. Her body started to shake and her heart started to jump. She couldn’t understand why Bom was acting that way; she couldn’t believe in what she was doing; she didn’t want to be like him. With this thought, she putted her hands down and closed her burning eyes.

         But she wasn’t the only one shocked. Seunghyun stared at Bom’s back with the pupils almost leaving his cornea. The girl was trying to protect him? Even after all he had done to her? A huge wave of guilt started to fill him inside and he started to regret of the damage he did. Bom took a deep breath before turning around to see him. He felt the heart being smashed when he saw her face.

“I am sorry” she whispered “I am really sorry for what I told you. I shouldn’t have, I know. I am an idiot and I just wanted to tell you that I am completely sorry” and, with that, she left the room.

         Seunghyun couldn’t move, react, speak or express anything. He was paralyzed for what just happened right in front of him. Suddenly, a weird feeling started to taking over his senses. He stared at his chest with an interrogative look, not understanding the situation. He didn’t have that feeling since Stephanie. Wait, he had never had that feeling. It was new; it was good. He liked.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Chaerin” Seunghyun whispered from the back of the class. The blonde haired girl sighed annoyed and turned around for the first time.

“What?” she asked impatient. He smiled.

“Do you want to be my partner in the physic project?” he moved his eyebrows up and down, seductively.

“No” the girl replied and went with her gaze back to the old teacher.

“I beg you” Seungri tried again, feeling totally ashamed and sad because his charm didn’t work with her. It worked with everyone, why wouldn’t with this one?

“I am tired of working alone” she muttered to herself but he heard.

“I promise to help you this time. I just need those points. Please, be my partner” he said in his most honest tone and, for the first time since she had met him, she knew he was saying the truth.

         Giving up on everything, she turned around and smiled towards him. He felt the heart racing because she had never shown him any kindness. He raised his hand in form of fist and pretended to be a champion of a football championship. Chaerin rolled her eyes at his childish.

“Mr. Lee, this is a class, not a Hollywood set” the teacher yelled and everyone laughed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I cannot express it; but surely you and everybody have a notion that there is or should be an existence of yours beyond you. What were the use of my creation, if I were entirely contained here? My great miseries in this world have been Heathcliff's miseries, and I watched and felt each from the beginning: my great thought in living is himself. If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it. My love for Linton is like the foliage in the woods: time will change it, I'm well aware, as winter changes the trees. My love for Heathcliff resembles the eternal rocks beneath: a source of little visible delight, but necessary. Nelly, I am Heathcliff! He's always, always in my mind: not as a pleasure, any more than I am always a pleasure to myself, but as my own being.” Mrs. Kim sighed like a teenager in love “Isn’t Emily Brontë romantic?”

         The class denied and she stared at the furiously. Taeyang laughed at her reaction and turned to face his partner. Bom had her eyes glued on the green desk, as if she wasn’t paying any attention in what was happening around her. But she knew it was a lie; her mind was capturing all the words that the teacher was saying. They entered her soul as a harmony, filling her with good music. She felt like if she was inside the not very famous story of the couple Heahtcliff and Catherine. How she loved that book and those quotes.

“You kids of today are so dumb” Mrs. Kim started “Not even know how to identify a good oeuvre”.

         The silence entered the room and nobody dared to speak. They thought it’d continue this way forever or until the teacher decided to say something; but wasn’t her who gave this step.

“I have to remind myself to breathe, almost to remind my heart to beat” the husky voice came from the back and everyone froze, knowing who it was.

         He stared straight, not facing anyone in particularly. He had that phrase in his head since when he watched the same movie of the book that the old woman was reading. He remembered so well of feeling exactly that way when Stephanie left him.

“I have not broken your heart - you have broken it; and in breaking it, you have broken mine” another one said, but wasn’t the same.

         It was a calm, sweet and graceful voice, coming from the girl with the skin colored of snow and the long black hair like a dark night of winter. Bom smiled to herself for the fact that the guy knew about that story, her favorite one.

“It was not the thorn bending to the honeysuckles, but the honeysuckles embracing the thorn” Seunghyun said one more time, feeling comfortable about the change of quotes between him and the new student. In his heart, she had already forgiven him.

“If you ever looked at me once with what I know is in you, I would be your slave” Bom pronounced with so much power and emotion that he felt it was real.

         She didn’t seem to simply be citing Emily Brontë; she seemed to be acting like her. She had never felt something so strong growing inside of her. It was like if the day and the night decided to get married and went to have their honeymoon on another galaxy. It was illegal and dangerous; but still, it was making her feel different. That sensation, she had never felt before. And Bom couldn’t even imagine that Seunghyun was feeling exactly like her. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry for the short update, but I really wanted to write something to you. 

Well, I'm trying to change my way and I decided to mix more stories and add some quotes on the begin of any chapter. 

I'll try to put a bit of Daragon in the next but I can say that Ririn and TopBom are about to grow even more and, with time, you'll understand the whole story.

When I started writing, Bom still had her brown hair, Dara was blonde, CL had her black hair and Minzy had her red; and I decided to change it now. I like Bom with her new hair and I rather Chaerin blonde. So I hope you'll understand why it's different now.

Did you like the new poster? I actually loved it! Can't believe I made it by myself hahah. 

Thank you for the views and please, keep subscribing and commenting. I want to know what you think! 

:) xxx