Romeo & Juliet

Wuthering Heights

         The sun decided to finally show up on the cold day. He entered the rooms through the windows in so much strength that would be impossible to stop the light of shinning and waking everyone up. Outside the big building, the grass was already being wetted by the school’s workers, who were slowly stepping on it, scared of hurting any little flower planted on that region.

         On the girl’s block, the corridors were calm and quiet. The wind entered from a gap on the wall, making some movement inside there. It was a very cold day, different from the others of September. On the room 75B, the two roommates were peacefully sleeping. On the left, Dara had her body totally covered by a pink blanked, not showing her face. The big pajamas that she dressed before lying on the bed were working very well now, as she wasn’t trembling anymore, feeling totally warm with it. On the right, Bom had a blue plaid blanket on the legs region. Her grey tracksuit was protecting her from freeze. On the arms, she hugged a white pillow, a habit that she used to have since when she was four years old.

         Everything seemed normal before the loud alarm started ringing frantically. Scared about the annoying noise, Bom stood up worried and ran towards the door, trying to unlock it before something happened. Already used to that, Dara sat on her bed and yawned lazily. She scratched her eyes and decided to give a look at the roommate but stopped when she saw the brunette girl trying to open the door.

“Bom, where are you going?” she asked rising an eyebrow while the other jumped frightened.

“Don’t you hear it, Dara? Something is happening!” she yelled terrified and gave her attention back to the lock. The blonde haired couldn’t resist but laugh.

“It’s just the alarm, Bom! This school wakes their students by it’s own. Don’t worry” she smirked and the girl sighed in relief, smiling shyly and sitting on the tip of the other’s bed.

“Everything is just different to me” Bom admitted before covering her face with the hands. Seeing her situation, Dara decided to try cheer up the friend, knowing how ashamed she probably was.

“Don’t act like that, Bomtokki. This is normal to people who are new here” she hugged her by beside, making a cute face. Bom raised her eyebrow in doubt.

“Bomtokki? What is this?”

“It’s my new nickname for you” Dara smiled like a child and the other laughed “Don’t ask me why, I just think this one matches you perfectly” she stared at Bom and started making gests with her hands, as the ones photographers do when they are trying to find the perfect angle to a picture.

“Stop joking about me! Let’s get ready or we’ll be late” she nudged the others cheek and stood up, walking towards her wardrobe and opening it.

         Bom looked at the clothes and grabbed another navy blue sweater, as her other was still dirt because of the yogurt. She also pulled closer the white social shirt and the skirt. She thought of how cold the day was and decided to wear a pantyhose to cover her sensible legs. And, of course, she couldn’t forget the black high heels.

         With all the things she needed, she walked in the bathroom’s direction and opened the door, stepping in calmly. She decided to take a hot bath as the day was asking for that and, this with this thought, she took her clothes off and entered the large shower. She spun the tap and, when the heat of the water finally touched her milk skin, she moaned in pleasure. It was one of the best things that she had ever felt in her life and she wouldn’t rather being in anywhere else than there in that moment. Grabbing the honey soap, she passed it gently on her whole body, caressing some parts to make it softer.

         Realizing that it was already enough, she turned off the apparatus and the coldness started emptying her wet skin. She pulled the white towel closer and wiped her shaped body. Once totally drought, she opened her vanilla’s cream and, as the soap, passed it on her body. The liquid easily ran on her arms and legs, giving her a sensation of flying. She closed her eyes and raised the back of her hand to her nose, smelling the delicious essence. With a smile on the lips, she decided to cover herself with the uniform and back to the room because Dara also would have to use the bathroom.

         Once stepping outside, all the steam started to disappear with the cold wind contact. Bom hugged her arms with the change of weather and stared at her roommate, still lying on her bed. She furrowed her eyebrows and approached her, nudging the top of her shoulder gently.

“Dara, you should go take your shower now. It’s almost time to class start” she said calmly and the girl nodded, standing up. She stretched and went towards where Bom had left seconds ago, closing the door behind her.

         Once alone on the room, Bom decided to get another garment to stop the cold she was feeling. Staring at the opened wardrobe, she grabbed her purple cardigan florid with black starts. She dressed the comfortable clothe and smiled, feeling now better than before.

         Knocks on her door were heard making her back to the reality. She furrowed her eyebrows in doubt and went towards to open it. Once holding the handle, it wasn’t difficult to pull the object to her and reveal the one behind it.

“Morning” Chaerin said happily while bowing at Bom. The other smiled and repeated her gest, indicating her to enter the room.

“Why are you here so early?” she asked curiously when the friend first stepped in.

“I’m joying you at the breakfast today” the other replied with a grimace and hugged Bom, who chuckled at her reaction.

“What about Minzy?”

“She’s coming next, don’t worry” Chaerin smiled and sat on Dara’s bed.

         They stood in silence for a moment and Bom decided to check if she had anything new on her phone. No missed calls; no messages. She sighed sadly staring at the mobile’s screen and threw it on the bed and tiredly jumped on the friend’s side.

“How’s your class like?” she asked curiously as the black haired girl stared at her.

“It’s normal. As bored as yours, I could say” Bom furrowed her nose and sat with the crossed legs.

“Is this school all the same?” the disappointment on the girl’s voice made Chaerin sigh. She nodded slowly, thinking about the conversation they were having.

         People here were equal to each other. They didn’t want to try new things or to experiment them. Everyone would form their stupid groups and ignore the rest, fighting between themselves to see who was better than the other. This was sick. Being there was sick but life didn’t give our girls any other options. They would have to learn how to avoid it and have a peaceful acquaintanceship. Minzy, Dara and Chaerin were there since two years ago and they already couldn’t believe in the things that some of the girls would usually do there. Suddenly, a thin noise was heard coming from the young friend’s bag. She took out the white phone and stared at it, before saving the same again.

“Minzy messaged me. She said she’s coming”.

“That’s great! I just hope Dara won’t take too long inside there” Bom pointed towards the door with the finger and Chaerin laughed.

“We should go now. I mean, me and you. She’ll probably stay more time and, until Minzy arrives, she’ll be ready. If we go first, we can get good tables” she suggested, staring at the big brown eyes of the friend. Bom nodded in agreement.

“Let me just write a note to Dara” she said grabbing a piece of paper and a pen. She wrote what Chaerin told her and signed her name at the end, putting it gingerly on the friend’s bed “I’m ready” she smiled while letting the bag’s strap fall on her shoulders.

         The two girls stepped outside the room and started making their ways towards the canteen. While passing by a door, it was opened and a man was thrown from it. He grabbed his trousers that had fallen on the floor and they noticed he was just wearing boxers. Bom covered Chaerin’s eyes with the hands and closed hers with strength, trying to not stare at that creepy creature. Realizing the others reaction, he laughed and decided to leave before a monitor could arrive.

         Opening her eyelids slowly, Bom stared at the empty corridor in front of her and sighed in relief. She took her hands off the friend’s eyes and smiled apologetic. Chaerin seemed to be very surprised about the nasty scene. She shook her shoulders and face, trying to avoid that annoying imagine inside her mind. Staring at the brunette by her side, she smiled and crossed her arm with the other’s one. They started making their way back at where they were going, happily.

         Once they had reached the place, Chaerin pointed towards a table on the background of the big canteen. Nodding, they both followed that direction and sat down on the chairs. As the friend said before, there was already full of people. Girls were happily smiling while hugging boys. It was weird but, suddenly, the image of Siwon came on her mind.

“I can’t believe he already wanted to make out with me” on the opposite side, Chaerin muttered. Bom stared at her confused for some seconds but decided to follow her gaze, meeting a group of guys sitting at the cheerleaders table.

“Which one?” she questioned, knowing who they were.

“Seungri” the friend replied with anger on the voice. Furrowing her eyebrows, Bom shook her head.

“I can’t believe it”.

“I’m being serious. He tried to kiss me on a party and, after I denied, he decided to ignore me and act like I wasn’t even a person” Chaerin said rolling her eyes and hitting the fists strongly on the smooth region below her.

“Boys are idiots” Bom added, holding the girl’s hands. She nodded with a smile.

         For a moment, the silence became between the two. Giving a look around, the brunette realized that one person was missing. This time, it wasn’t the team’s captain but him. And with him, she meant the tall handsome. The possibilities to explain why he wasn’t there while the rest of his friends were started forming on her head. Maybe he was still sleeping? Maybe he was busy with the homework they’d have to show the teacher on that morning? Maybe he was leaving a girl’s room the same way that other guy was? The last thought made her cough in annoyance.

“Chae, where is Seunghyun?” Bom decided to ask. Seeing how the friend’s gaze went worried to her, she gulped guilty about the stupid question.

“He never enters the canteen” she spoke with a suspicious look. The other furrowed her eyebrows in doubt.

“Why?” the stubborn mouth started talking by itself and the girl couldn’t control it.

         Chaerin stared at Bom for a moment that seemed an eternity. Questions were exploding on her head: why was she so interested to know about the Choi? Did she like him? Did she know who he really was? Did she know about his past? Did she have any idea of what he had done? Probably not. If yes, she wouldn’t be that curious to know about him. Maybe Dara was too scared to tell her the story, that sad and painful story that had been following her since the start of the last year. The black haired stared at the opposite side of Bom’s eyes and tried to think about an excuse.

“I don’t know. He’s weird” she said in a cold and annoyed tone and this was enough to make the other shut.

         The friend’s reaction wasn’t a surprise anymore, especially because all the three girls seemed to hate the goy. The image of Dara crying on her lap the last night made her heart fall with the suffering of the roommate. And, again, the feeling of having someone entered her body. She wasn’t alone; this time, she had a person with the same pain and fears as hers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I am going to choose the partners” the sound of Mrs. Kim slow voice made everyone roll their eyes.

         After the short breakfast, the girls had to go back to each’s class and, one more time, there was Bom sitting behind the blonde friend. Now, the teacher was announcing the new semester project: study a famous poet and, the two who had the best search, would become the main actors of the theatrical piece the woman was preparing about the same author as the one she had chosen to them.

“William Shakespeare” she sighed as a seventeen years old teenager and held the book she had in hands tightly on her chest “You’ll have to choose one of his oeuvres and make me a synopsis with your personal opinion about it” finishing her sentence, the old woman sat down on her chair and putted her glasses one.

“I hope to be your partner” Bom whispered on the friend’s ears and Dara smiled in agreement.

         But they both knew it would be a bit difficult to happen. Mrs. Kim seemed to be that kind of boring teacher, the one nobody liked and who would do anything to make you mat at her. That was how she liked the things to be.

“Lee Jinki and Lee Soonkyu” her voice echoed on the class while the two partners smiled at each other.

“Kang Daesung and Im Yoonah” the happy brown haired boy stared at the beautiful girl and, silently, thanked God for his choice.

“Kwon Jiyong and Sandara Park” Dara stared at the teacher in shock. She didn’t want to work with that guy, especially because he was friends with her biggest enemy. But he didn’t seem to be bothered at all. With a smirk, he faced Taeyang and crossed his arms on his chest in satisfaction.

         A pause made Mrs. Kim furrow her eyebrows and stare at the new student with a suggestive look. Park Bom seemed to be a calm person and, as this was her first year at school, she wouldn’t matter about the decision she had made.

“Choi Seunghyun and Park Bom” her voice entered the girl’s head and stopped there. She couldn’t believe it was happening and Dara started coughing frantically, also surprised, shocked and scared about the words they had heard.

“What?!” the blonde yelled in a strident tone, hitting her chest crazily, gasping for air.

“Do you have any problem with my choice, Mrs. Park?” the teacher’s sarcasm was audible and the other pouted angry at her arrogance.

“He can’t be her partner!” she stood up bravely.

“Why not? He’s a student as anyone else in this class”.

“I don’t want Bom working with a murderer!”

         Dara’s words seemed to be more powerful than she thought. Every single soul on that place stayed in silence, not daring even to breathe. Bom froze and her eyes widened in shock. Was that truth? Had he ever killed someone? This couldn’t be truth because, if yes, he should be in jail now. But, of course, this wouldn’t happen to him. His parents were the biggest lawyers on the country and they also had a lot of money to pay the son’s freedom. Was this the reason why Dara hated him so much? Why this had to do with the blonde? Why was she the only one in the whole school to blame on him because of this event? Nothing was making sense to her anymore. The teacher cleared , trying to think about something smart to tell the girl.

“Sandara, wait me at the corridor. Now” her tone changed to a serious one and she started storming off the room, being followed by the angry friend.

         When the door behind them was closed, everyone started talking loudly. For a moment seemed like the subject was already gone and laughs could be heard. But Bom couldn’t do anything. She couldn’t move or talk; she was petrified.

         Between her thoughts, she didn’t realize when a shadow started covering her. She kept her gaze on the green desk, trying to think about how to deal with the guy after that shocking news. How could she work with him while, in her mind, she would imagine him pointing a gun towards her chest? There were no chances of this happening.

         Staring at the top of the girl’s head, Seunghyun furrowed his eyebrows. She didn’t seem to care about his presence and it annoyed him. Was it because she finally knew about his regrettable past? Hesitating a little, he nudged her slowly. With the contact of his finger on her soft arm, she jumped back, facing him with the opened eyes.

“Let’s talk about our project” he said in the husky and seductive voice. Pulling a chair to sit next to her, he saw how terrified she looked “Do you hear me?”

         Bom gulped. Her nightmare had just started. There was no way of her getting out of this. The teacher would never let her change of partner and the boy didn’t seem to want another one. To be honest, he didn’t seem to care about who he was working with. The same annoyed eyes, the same expressionless face, the same scary aura; he was still the guy she had met on the previous day, not even a whisker of his hair had changed.

“Sure” she replied with the trembling voice, trying to not stare at him. He nodded and stood in silence “Do you like any of his books?” her question left like a whisper.

“I hate romantic things” Seunghyun replied coldly. Bom felt chills on her spine, as always, and nodded.

“What do you like then?” she asked innocently, trying to focus on what they had to do and finish with the work faster as she could.

“Death”.

         Everyone has a patience limit. Once it’s crossed, the person explodes like a pump, full of anger, hate and fear. Being with him was Bom’s limit but his raw words had totally reached it. She stood up abruptly and jumped on Dara’s desk, leaving the class scared. Once outside, she found the teacher and the friend still talking. They stared at her confused.

“I am not going to work with him! Do you hear me? You can’t make me” she yelled in front of the old woman.

“What happened, Bom?” Dara asked worried, grabbing her arms. But Bom shook them quickly, trying to convince the teacher about her decision.

“Mrs. Park, you have no reasons to act like that” different of the others, her tone was calm. She didn’t seem to care about what was going on and this made Bom became even angrier.

“Now that I know the truth, do you really think that I’ll be able to stay here and be his ‘partner’? I am not an idiot, Mrs. Kim. I can look like this, but I am not!”

“Sandara, take your friend home. You both have this day free to calm yourselves. You seem too nervous to me" the teacher said and entered the room again, ignoring the two girls left outside.

“Bom, let’s go”.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Dude, what have you done?” Daesung asked hurry when the bell rang and people stood up to leave to the next class. Seunghyun rolled his eyes annoyed with the friend’s question.

“I don’t know. She’s a little bit dramatic” he smirked sarcastically and grabbed the materials on his desk, not caring at all.

“Man, she had accepted to work with you! How could you do that?” Taeyang yelled angrily, a bit jealous of the other’s partner.

“Come on, Tae. I don’t care about it. If she doesn’t want to do this with me anymore than it’s her loss, not mine. She may be pretty but there are a lot of girls prettier than her here and all of them would die to be in her place” Seunghyun winked and left the class, not really worried about what had happened.

         Taeyang slapped his forehead frustrated and thought of how stupid his friend was. He should be treating everyone the most nicely he could, just to clean the bad image he had. But, in opposite, he didn’t seem to care about it, especially because nobody on that school ignored him. He was Choi Seunghyun, THE MAN. This was enough to make girls desire him; or maybe desire his money.

“Chill, okay?” Jiyong approached the friend and patted his back. Still mad, he shook the head and tried to cover his face with the hands.

“I just want to help him! Look, Tabi isn’t what Sandara accused him to be. You know it!” the anger could be heard in his voice and the orange haired nodded.

“I know but the rest doesn’t know and Seunghyun also doesn’t want them to know so let’s just calm down!”

“I can’t, dude. He may be that way with us and with those s that come to him but I won’t let him treat that girl this way. First, because she is too innocent. She probably doesn’t have any idea of the past of our friend; second, because she already looks very hurt. You remember how she cried that day here. It was painful! And not counting the fact that she seems to be very close of Sandara” finishing his sentence, Taeyang breathed heavily and sighed tiredly.

“He’s right” Daesung added.

“Let’s just talk to him about apolog-“

“Shut up, G! You know how idiot Seunghyun is! Do you really think he’s going to ask her sorry about his modes? Wake up! I know he’s your best friend and he’s also mine but this doesn’t means that he’s always right! He stopped being right since long time ago and, this time, isn’t different” he yelled nervous and left the room, kicking some tables.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

         The cold weather hadn’t changed. Like the morning, the night was freezing everyone around Seoul, forcing them to dress up their best coats. Lying on the bed and staring seriously at the ceiling, Dara had all the possible thoughts running on her mind. She felt like the story was repeating all over again and she wouldn’t survive if it had the same end as the previous one.

         That fear sensation took over her body one more time. She asked Bom to stay away from the guy but how would it be possible if they would have to be work together? Even if the girl had begged the teacher to change to another person, she didn’t seem to agree with the idea. Something in her calm look and light voice made Dara think, even for a split of second, that she wanted Bom to be with Seunghyun. She shook her head abruptly and ignored that feeling. She wouldn’t let that happen. She couldn’t let that happen. She couldn’t sit and watch while the boy would ruin the friend’s purity and break her heart in one billion of little pieces, letting her alone to fix them together again.

         The door of the room opened and a worried Park Bom entered it, followed by Chaerin and Minzy. The youngers ran towards the blonde and hugged her, scared.

“Were you trying to die?” the red haired yelled while kneeling in front of the other’s bed. Dara sighed tiredly.

“I am not scared of him” she replied confidently.

“But he’s dangerous!” Chaerin protested. Bom stood still, staring at them with confused eyes.

“I’m sorry about what happened. You’ve lost class because of me” she said when she met the friend’s gaze.

“No, I should say sorry. I just couldn’t handle him anymore. The way he spoke… “ Bom started but stopped, feeling a lump on .

         They decided to stay in silence for a moment. It was wrong. Hide from Bom what she should know was wrong. But they weren’t brave enough to tell her the real story; the reason why they hated Choi Seunghyun. Maybe she’d find out from another way. In this school, nothing would pass from the mouth of the people.

“Bom, have you ever heard about Stephanie Young Hwang?” Chaerin asked with difficulty and won a punch from Dara, exactly on her arm. She rubbed the place trying to make the pain leave her body but it was useless.

“Ignore her. She’s a little bit paranoid sometimes” the blonde smiled nervously, shaking.

         Staring at the scene, Bom furrowed her eyebrows. Something was wrong, she was absolutely sure about it. But the girls didn’t mean to tell her anything. Probably, she’d have to find it by herself. How difficult would it be to know about this chick? Should she search her name on the internet? Should she ask another student?

“I don’t know what you are talking about, Chae” she replied trying to seem the most comfortable possible “I need to go to the library. I’ll probably work by my own on this project so I should start looking for the things I’ll need” standing up, Bom smiled and left the room, decided to clarify her doubts.

         Without the uniform anymore, she wore her flowered pants with a white crochet blouse with long mangos. The beige boots matched perfectly the rest of the outfit and she looked pretty with the loose hair. Once outside she felt how cold the place was. Wrapping her arms around herself, she tried to bring some heat to the region but it didn’t really seem to happen.

         On her mind, she had to find out a way of meet someone who would know the girl that Chaerin mentioned. Bom had forgotten her surname and the only part she kept on the mind was Stephanie. That wasn’t a Korean name so it’d be easier to people recognize her. Had that girl studied on that school? Has she anything to do with the name Dara called Seunghyun on the class? A murderer? That last thought made chills run on her spine. If yes, then she was in danger being so close to him at the literature classes. Why in hell had Mrs. Kim chosen her to be his partner?

         Immersed on her own world, Bom didn’t notice that she had pass the library way. Her feet kept walking and didn’t mean to want stop. Her head was far away from there, even if her body seemed to be present. Suddenly the noise of laughs filled her mind. She stared at the horizon and furrowed her eyebrows finally realizing a weird place. She had never been there before and she didn’t know how to get back.

         Listening to people getting even closer, Bom closed her eyes prepared to be huffed. That probably wasn’t an allowed part to students. She could ensure this because of the darkness on the corridors. For a moment to other, she was pulled towards a wardrobe on her left side. A big hand covered cautiously, closing the door in front of them, trying to not be seen.

         People would think that, in this situation, the first thing you’d do is fight back; but, when you presence it, you get too scared to do anything. She stood there, quiet, trying to not breath. A group of boys passed by their hideout. They were all shirtless with a towel covering their slow region, exactly like most of the guys dressed after a bath.

         Feeling like the place was empty and safe, the person pulled Bom to the front, making her fell on the floor abruptly. She rubbed her knees that had hurt with the contact of her sensible skin and the rough ground. She pouted angry and decided to give a look at who had done that to her. She stood up quickly when she saw who it was and her heart started beating crazily.

         Seunghyun rolled his eyes with her reaction and stared at her, as if waiting to something. Bom couldn’t speak; she was too scared and surprised about what happened. The person she most wanted to avoid was the one she found easily. And they stood there, in silence, their eyes playing with each other’s. They had an special connection, something that she couldn’t explain. It was like if he could see inside her body just staring at her.

“You are welcome” the sarcastic tone echoed on the corridor’s walls while the boy turned around to leave the place.

“Wait!” Bom yelled without thinking, getting hold of his hand.

         The world stopped: Choi Seunghyun was holding hands with a girl, again. He froze when the touch of her soft hand met his skin. The same chills he felt once were now the ones he was feeling. Could that be possible? He thought. No, that couldn’t. It was a fantasy from his mind.

         But it felt different. Even if he remembered of a vague memory, it wasn’t exactly equally. Her touch was new to him. Not because she was new; because the meanings she had were new. A lot of girls of that school had already touched him the same way of Bom but, in their case, they wanted something more: kisses, cuddles, , money… But her, she didn’t seem to be interested in any of them. And, for the first time in one year, he found himself admiring something.

         Realizing what he was doing and getting back his whole senses, he pulled the hand closer to him, growling at her step. Who does she thinks she is to touch him that way? Who does she thinks she is to make him think on her the same way he used to think about the other? She is nobody, he thought. She is not even closer to what the other girl was to him. Park Bom couldn’t be compared to the love of his life.

“What?” Seunghyun whispered in anger, not turning to face her.

         Feeling uncomfortable, Bom cleaned . ‘What the hell are you doing?’ the stupid consciousness asked, making her shook the head to avoid that little voice inside her.

“Come with me to the library” she said with the words failing.

         Finally, he decided to look at her. He moved his body violently so his face could meet hers. Again, that eye connection started. Was her really asking him to join him on her walk? Even after all that happened on the morning? He sighed expressionless.

“I’m not your servant. Go ask your friends to do this” Seunghyun replied in his normal rude tone. Bom felt something on her heart. She didn’t like when people treated her like an animal, without value.

“Well, you are my partner at that project so you have to help me! I’m not your servant also so I won’t do your part” suddenly the scary side of her disappeared and, for the first time since she had arrived, he could see her brave one.

“Your partner?” he raised an eyebrow and watched her nod “I thought you wanted to change” a smirk grew on his mouth and Bom greeted her teeth.

“I don’t want anymore. I think it’s going to be good if we work together on it. Maybe I can teach you some good manners with my Ethics book” this was her time to say sarcastically.

         Of course her answer surprised him. Usually, the girls on this school would do whatever he asked them to and would never raise the tone to him. What was wrong with this one? Giving up on that idiot fight, he decided to nod at her question. In his mind, he did that because he’d have to do something on the project; in his heart, he wanted to be on Bom’s company.

         At first, the girl was lost and didn’t know where to go. Seunghyun decided to indicate to her the exactly direction and she followed it, walking in front of him. Knowing he wouldn’t be noticed, the boy decided to give a good look at her. She had a shaped body but it wasn’t too exaggerated. She didn’t seem to be those girls that you stare and the first thing that comes to your mind is how hot she’s. Bom was delicate. She walked cautiously as if, in her next step, she was going to tread on an innocent animal. Unconsciously, he smiled when she jumped with the view of a tiny spider. Realizing it, he slapped his face strongly, trying to pay attention in what he had to do.

         When they finally arrived at their destiny, Bom sighed happily staring at the large place in front of her. She turned around and stopped smiling when her gaze found Seunghyun’s one. He was always so dark that all her happiness would wither around him. She stepped inside, knowing he was following her, and saw the empty room. Seemed like the workers there had already left. Checking the watch suspended on the opposite wall, she knew the reason why: it was already 09:00 pm.

“Shakespeare is there” the boy’s husky voice said and, without hesitating, he turned the lights on, revealing one of the prettiest things Bom had ever seen in her life.

         Billions of books were properly lined on big racks. The different colors of the objects were making it look like a rainbow. The smell of old stuff made the girl closes her eyes and smile at the simplicity of the place.

         On the corner of the eyes, Seunghyun stared at her. She was so unique, he thought. He had never seen someone that happy just because of an old and moldy library. How attractive could that be? Extremely.

“Let’s go” Bom waved at him and started running towards where he pointed before.

         She felt free on that place and, this comfortable feeling made her good. For a moment, she decided to forget that creature behind her, following and looking at every single move she’d make. But, this time, she didn’t feel scared anymore. She felt, normal. Not normal: okay, let’s do this again but normal: I am not annoyed with this situation.

         Once they reached the rack, Bom sat down on the floor. She started messing the books, looking for something interesting. Even if she had a big admiration for William Shakespeare she had to admit: he could be very boring when he wanted to. Staring at her, Seunghyun decided to join her on the cold ground. He didn’t move, he just watched Bom threw some books on a stack that she began to form in the middle of that session.

“A Midsummer Night's Dream” she spoke reading the gold tittle on the blue cover.

“Never” Seunghyun shook his head and she huffed, grabbing another.

“Othello, the Moor of Venice”.

“Nope”.

“Henrique V”.

“I hate him”.

“The Taming of the Shrew”.

“What a stupid name” he smirked sarcastically and the girl sighed annoyed.

         She looked around and her eyes stopped on one. Now, very irritated about the boy’s non-interest on the job, she decided to provoke him. It’d be mean, she knew, but when was Seunghyun cool with her?

“What about Hamlet?” the guy froze.

“I have never heard about this one” his trembling voice left his mouth with some difficulty. Bom knew he was lying.

“It’s about a boy who becomes king after his father’s death and, suddenly, people on the castle start seeing the dead man’s ghost. When Hamlet, his son, talks to him, the father tell him that, the new king, who’s also the boy’s uncle, was the one who killed him. So he decides to revenge and tries to attack Claudius [the uncle] but gives up. He falls for the daughter of the new king’s best friend, Ophelia, but he doesn’t know how to properly treat her. When Hamlet leaves the country and goes to England, she suicides” Bom paused, getting some air. She stared at the guy next to her. He had his gaze locked on the floor. Something inside her made she fell sorry about him. Right now, in front of her, he seemed so vulnerable and weak that could hurt especially sensible hearts like hers.

“This one is full of deaths” Seunghyun whispered. Bom nodded.

“It’s awful, I know. I don’t understand why people like it, I mean, he’s crazy! Nobody talks to someone’s ghost because they don’t exist! Who Shakespeare thinks he is to create a new world just to his stupid story?” she said while throwing the book away. The boy looked up to face her: it was obvious that Bom was lying. To be honest, Hamlet was one of her favorite books. She liked the complexity of the author’s words and how he would play with them, making a great philosophy around the subject he was addressing.

         That moment became important to him. For the first time since the occurred, someone was trying to make him feel better. Someone was really carrying about him. Even her didn’t act like this. Why was he comparing them again, anyway? He already had accepted the fact that Bom would never be her, don’t matter how hard she could try.

“Romeo and Juliet” he said suddenly, with the sad voice. Who didn’t see him would say he was crying. She raised an eyebrow and grabbed the book that now he had in hands.

“It’s romance” Bom added with a shy smile on the lips. She loved that one more than any other oeuvre from him but she knew her partner would deny the suggestion.

“I know” he replied, not bothered. Letting a tired sigh leave, he stared at her and pulled the object towards him again “I’ll finish it tonight and tomorrow I give to you”.

         The voice echoed on her mind and he stood up, turning around without anything else. He didn’t say ‘goodbye’ or ‘see you in class’; he just left as if she was a strange. Bothered about his behave, Bom covered the face with the hands. She didn’t know why but he annoyed her when he tried to pretend she didn’t exist. But, slowly, those thoughts left her mind. She finally met a different side of him. After those hours with Seunghyun, she changed her decision of looking to another person to the project. She started liking the idea of being with him and, without noticing, she smiled staring at the door where he had left seconds ago.