Belong To Somewhere

Wuthering Heights

         Bom raised her head and forced a smile, while staring at the annoying face of the woman in front of her. She tried to pretend she was paying attention on the other’s words but she knew her head was far away from there. A small smile formed on her lips while she had memories wandering on her mind. The yellow and orange flowers of September touching her soft and pale skin used to make her feel in home. She closed her eyes and left those thoughts take over her senses, without caring about anything else.

         In some seconds, she was there again. The calm water of Andong Dam was delicately garnished with the autumn’s leaves, as a large mantle of carpet. The boats wouldn’t navigate on that region in this time of the year, especially because of the wonderful scenario that it’d become during that season. Some way, it was weird the fact that the lake would just be this beautiful in those three months, changing completely when they were over.

         But Bom wasn’t swimming. She was sitting on the grass, staring at the horizon and thinking about freedom. She smiled imagining how she’d be able to fly like the birds, for far away from there. How she’d be able to stop whenever she wanted, just to enjoy the view of a special place. How she’d be happy if she could finally be in somewhere where she’d feel loved and would give love back.

         Some laughs behind her caught her attention. She turned her head 180 degrees to the left and stared at the couple hugging each other, happily. They looked exactly like a movie pair, with the light wind blowing their straight hairs, the smiles on their faces shinning brighter than the sun and the love they felt for each other evaporating from their hearts. She couldn’t resist and smiled towards them, imagining if she’d live something like this one day. For a moment, she thought how lucky the woman was for having a boyfriend as handsome and as caring as her one; but she also thought how lucky the man was for having a girlfriend as pretty and as gorgeous as the one he had.

         Suddenly, they noticed her gaze glued on them and stopped playing. They stared at the brunette lonely girl, sitting alone in a big and desert park. She had the hair moving with the little waves of the lake, the black sweater matching perfectly with her white jeans. The people, who’d look at the three in that moment, would imagine a family. Maybe because they had a visual connection that was stronger than anything around them; maybe because it was possible to feel some kind of familiarity between them. Breaking the congealed contact, the woman smiled warmly and waved towards the girl.

“Come join us, baby” she yelled in a sweet and calm voice, like if she was an angel inviting Bom to heaven. She couldn’t resist.

         Slowly, the girl stood up and ran towards the couple, with no shoes. Her feet felt the moisture of the green grass, freezing with the little but powerful contact between her skin and the cold region under her. In front of them, she stopped and breathed heavily. Her chest went up and down, in a perfect harmony with the whistles of the Red-throated Loon, the typical birds of Korea in this time of the year. The man opened his arms with a big smile on his face. His girlfriend laughed happily at the little step of her boyfriend to get closer to the girl.

         Bom felt tears forming on her eyes and, a single one, fell on her left cheek. The slowly path of the drop was caring all her feelings and thoughts. The journey would may be quick now but the girl knew that it wasn’t. In her mind, that single drop represented her life; the check, the way she’d have to follow until she’d finally fall, breaking free.

         She smiled and jumped on his warm and strong embrace. The world around her stopped and the only think she wanted to do was enjoy the simplicity of the moment. It was important to her, especially because she knew that smell on his neck. She knew that blue polo that he was wearing and that fit him so well. She also knew the woman near to him. She knew that long brown hair falling from her shoulders as waterfalls. She knew that smile full of life, desire and intention. She knew that old flowered dress that the woman liked to wear on sunny hot days.

         But everything disappeared from a second to other. The couple, the color, the lake, the birds, everything. There she was again, in the room listening to the blonde woman that she despised so much. Now, she wasn’t just talking, she was screaming. Bom furrowed her eyebrows confused, because she didn’t understand the reason of that brutal treatment. Had she done something wrong?

“Do you ever listen to me?” the tall lady yelled in pure anger “What’s your problem, girl?”

“I’m sorry but what are you talking about?” she hesitated to ask in a lower tone, scared of the woman’s next reaction.

“Are you idiot or what? I told you that, for now, you’re going to move to Seoul to study in a boarding school” her words entered Bom’s head as a pump. They kept knocking on it more and more, but she didn’t seem to have any expression to what she just heard “Did you hear me or do I need to say it again?” the thin voice exclaimed, slapping the top of the girl’s head and waking her up from the little nightmare she was having on her mind.

“I don’t want to” her tearful tone left as a whisper but was enough to make the woman in front of her roll her eyes in annoyance.

“I didn’t ask you if you wanted to come or not! Since you became an orphan, you don’t have any option. Go to your room and pack your bags because we are leaving tomorrow early” she replied sarcastic and turned around, going to the up floor direction.

         Bom’s members stopped and she saw her knees falling when they met the wood ground. The same teary eyes appeared one more time, making the girl go back to the dream she had minutes ago. But, this time, there was nothing that she saw before; now, the only thing she could see and feel was darkness. One more time, she was alone. No family, no friends, no house… She had lost everything.

         Life is funny and evil. It can change as the weather. One day, Bom is a girl who has anything that she wants; on the other, she has absolutely nothing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

         The next morning came faster than she thought. The day began cold and cloudy, different from the others. The big mansion was filled with the silence, like a cemetery. You could hear cries on the corners, mostly of them from the house workers. Their little girl was about to leave and, probably, wouldn’t come back. But this wasn’t what made them sad. They used to have an image from a different Park Bom: she used to be happy, full of joy, caring and friendly. But, with the parents’ death, she became different: cold, anti-social, closed to her own world. It’d break their hearts because they knew how traumatic those situations could be to a 17 years old person.         

         On the back seat, Bom had her head leaned on the window. On the hands, she had a gold necklace. The way she held it would be enough to understand how important the object was to her. On the body, the new school’s uniform: the white polo shirt covered by the navy blue sweater, along with the same colored skirt and the long white embroidered stockings, ending with the simple but classy high heels. On the head, the glossy brown hair was perfectly tied in a project of ponytail, using just the top part of her hair, while the rest was streaming on her back. On the face, tears.

         The trip wouldn’t be too long as the distance between Gyeongsangbuk-do and Seoul was just of 207.48 km. A new city, a new school, new people, new life. Everything was new to her and, in her head, she wasn’t ready to this radical transformation. The fear of not making friends, the panic of people and the trauma of the loss would make her question if it’d be something good to her.

         The drowsiness from the not sleeping night were now having effect. Bom closed her tired eyes slowly, trying to avoid all the thoughts that would make her think about what she didn’t want to. In her heart, her only wish was to remember the dream she had. That dream was exactly what she wanted in her life; that dream would make her happy, so much that she smiled before finally losing her senses and falling on a deep and short sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Wake up, we arrived” somebody nudged her on the ribs and the girl sighed, before deciding to face her future.

         Bom kissed the gold necklace and saved it on her bag’s pocket, before opening the heavy car door and stepping outside. She stared at the big building in front of her. Her jaw fell on the floor when she looked amazed at the place: the big garden in front gave a freedom air to it, winning the girl’s special attention. She didn’t care about the rest, just about how long and flowered it was. Unconsciously, she smiled.

“They are waiting for you. I’ve already paid the first monthly payment so there’s no need of me to go with you. When you enter, try to look for the secretary and ask about your room” the blonde woman said quickly and happily, touching Bom’s shoulder before turning around and making her way towards the car.

         The girl stood still during some seconds, until the vehicle left and could not be seen any more on the dirt road. She sighed in relief and closed her eyes before going to the entrance door’s direction. She walked calmly and slowly, not interested about arriving in a hurry. If there was something that Park Bom would like, it’d probably be admire. She loved to stare at everything around her and try to understand why they were that way. The green trees had drawn most of her attention: they were long and strong. She smiled when she looked up to see the top of it.

         Finally in front of the building, she stopped and stared at the two large doors that were separating the inside world from the outside one. Bom took a deep breath before deciding to open it cautiously, trying to make the less of noise she could. She putted her left foot on the stone ground and felt a stab on the heart. Ignoring the weird feeling, she joined her right foot to it’s partner and closed the doors she had opened. The place seemed to be empty and calm. You couldn’t hear a soul there and this made the girl worried. She took her phone out and checked the hours: 08:15 am. Of course everyone would be sleeping, especially because the class would just start at 10:00 am.

         She saved the apparatus on the beige bag and took out a little map of the localization inside the school. She furrowed her eyebrows spinning it around, trying to understand where exactly she should go. Bom smiled in relief when she found the name ‘Secretary’ and hurried to follow the direction she’d have to go, what didn’t take so long as she arrived there in less than three minutes.

         An old woman was typing something on her computer and didn’t notice the new student standing right in front of her. Feeling uncomfortable with the situation, the girl faked a cough to grab the other’s attention and, seeing that her plan had worked, Bom smiled.

“Hello. How can I help you?” the woman asked standing up happily. She examined Bom from head to toe and thought she was very pretty.

“Good morning” she bowed politely before starting the phrase “I’m new here and I don’t know where to go”. The woman laughed at her shy way of speak and nodded.

“First of all, welcome to Seoul High School” she greeted Bom with a shook of hands “Now, give me your name and I’m going to tell you where your room is and who’s your room mate”. Bom smiled and nodded, telling the woman the things she wanted to know.

         When she found out that the girl would be staying at the 75B room and her partner would be the smart Sandara Park, she decided it was time to take Bom to meet her new house. The two started walking on the corridors, sometimes going upstairs, but always circumvented by the brick walls. After some minutes of talk, they finally reached their destiny.

“Here’s the place” Hyori, the woman who Bom asked the name after two minutes of walk, said. The girl nodded and hesitated before knocking.

         They waited for a little time before they could hear the noise of a key on the lock. Some seconds after, a blonde haired girl, wearing some pajamas, appeared. She bowed towards Hyori and stared curiously at Bom.

“Sandara Park?” the woman asked reading her name on a clipboard.

“Yes, ma’am” the other nodded. She turned her gaze to face the old lady one more time, anxious about her words.

“This is your new roommate, Park Bom” she announced and Bom bowed politely. Sandara smiled brightly and jumped on the friend, hugging her tightly.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you!” she exclaimed while smelling the sweet vanilla perfume of the other “Please, come in and make yourself welcome!” She happily entered the room and Bom putted her head low, shyly. She stepped inside but turned around to face the secretary.

“Thank you for your company” she bowed and the older did the same, with a smile on the lips.

         After the woman left, Bom decided to finally give a look at her new room. It wasn’t that bad, she thought. The purple walls were full of frames with pictures of the girl and some people; the two beds were far away from each other, one on the left corner and the other on the right corner. Seemed like Sandara had the left one. The girl slowly smiled at the simple but cozy place. She walked towards the right side and sat down on the comfortable and soft mattress. The roommate smiled and joined her side.

“I’m happy I’ve someone here with me” she said and held Bom’s hand. She smiled at the new friend’s kindness and mentally thanked God for his choice to her “Do you want me to talk a bit about here to you?” Sandara asked excited and Bom laughed, nodding.

“I’d love to” the girl’s eyes shinned and she clapped her hands together, happily.

“This is a rich school so try to get used with all the groups formed here”.

“Groups?” Bom furrowed her eyebrows confused and Sandara nodded.

“The basketball team, the cheerleaders, the popular, the bad boys… there are a lot but you don’t have to worry about them. They don’t hurt because the school’s principal is very rigorous”.

“That’s good” Bom made a grimace and the other laughed.

“Mostly of them are stupid and try to seem better than the others. That’s why I never talk to them” she shook her shoulders as if it wasn’t a big deal and the friend stared at her curiously.

“So you don’t have friends, Sandara?” she asked worried but sighed in relief when saw her denying.

“Of course I do have friends! But they are like me: normal. And don’t call me by my name, I hate it. Call me Dara, okay?” she smiled warmly and Bom nodded “You’re going to love them” she completed and stood up, making her way towards the wardrobe.

“Your friends?” Bom asked staring at the girl.

“Yes. They are very cool” she jumped happily and the friend smiled “I’m going to get changed. Wait me here, okay?” Dara winked playfully and the girl nodded, smiling.

         When the other left, Bom felt comfortable to look around. For some weird reason, she was feeling okay about being with a girl that she didn’t properly know. She smiled to herself with the thoughts of the happy friend and her cute way of be.

         Rising from the bed, she decided to unpack her things of her bag and put them on the wardrobe on her room’s side. Part of her clothes had arrived on the previous day, when the blonde woman sent them. Bom sighed tiredly and opened the zip of the black bag. That one carried her shirts and shorts. She was about to start the work when the door opened, revealing a happy Dara.

“Let’s go?” she asked smiling while grabbing her own bag and some books. Bom slowly nodded and grabbed her beige one.

         Once outside the room, she looked surprised at the quantity of people walking through it, what she didn’t see when she first arrived at the place. While making her way towards the class, she noticed that all of them were girls. A question on her mind made her raise her eyebrow: was this a female school? No, of course not. If it was, why would have so many guys on the room that Dara indicated to her?

“Here’s is our class. Try to be yourself, okay? Don’t let the people here change you” she said seriously staring at Bom. The other gulped, worried about her words and slowly nodded.

         The two decided to finally step inside the enclosure. Suddenly, they were the center of attention. People were commenting about the new student, the one accompanied of the blonde haired girl. And Bom knew about it. She looked low and followed the friend’s back until she sat down. The brunette decided to sit behind her and, this way, she did. One thing that she could notice at first was how many girls were there.

“Dara” she whispered, leaning on her direction “Are all those girls from our class?” her doubt was finally out and she was waiting for a reply. Dara turned around to face the friend and shook her head.

“They are here because of the boys” she whispered back, pointing with the corner of her eyes the direction of a huge group of guys. Bom nodded and thanked her, abutting back on her seat.

         She stared at them cautiously: one of the boys had an orange hair; another had his colored of black; one had a blonde Mohican and, the last, a brown hair with a long fringe. They didn’t seem as handsome as those girls were making they look like but she couldn’t deny that they were good looking. Bom shook her head and turned straight, not really interested about them.

         Minutes after, an old man entered the class. He had a smile on his face and bowed politely at the students, who greeted him happily. This one seemed to be the kind of teacher that everyone loved, the one that was friends with everybody. He glanced at the teenagers but his eyes glued on one person.

“Seems like we have a new sailor” he teased and approached her “Welcome aboard, lady” he shook her hand excited and she bowed shyly “Tell us what’s your name!” he yelled and Bom felt her face becoming red.

“It’s Bom, sir. Park Bom” when she finished her sentence, all the attention of the class was on her.

         She hesitated but couldn’t resist: she had to look around. Her eyes finally met the gaze of a boy. She furrowed her eyebrows and, after some seconds, she recognized him. He was one of the guys of before. He had a cold and scary look, she thought. During this little contact, Bom felt chills on her spine and decided to ask her friend about that strange person.

“Hey, Dara” she poked the friend’s shoulder weakly and the other turned a bit her head to hear what she wanted “Who’s that?” she asked, pointing with the corner of her eyes the same boy.

         When the friend followed her gaze and saw who she was talking about, her body froze and every single hair she had bristled. With so many people to get interested, was possible that Bom found out him the best one? Of course he was handsome and had a special charm but there were other guys who also had. She gulped nervously and turned herself totally to the girl, staring at her face worriedly.

“Why do you want to know?” she whispered cautiously, scared of the friend’s answer. Bom shook her head lightly.

“Just to know” she replied in her honest tone and felt something different when she saw the girl in front of her sighing.

“He’s Choi Seunghyun” Dara said with a bit of difficulty.  Bom raised an eyebrow, not believing. That name was so familiar to her.

         The Choi’s Cooperation was the biggest company of lawyers in the whole Korea. They had been through almost all the cases on the country and, of course, were a family with a lot of money. But the reason why she felt a pointed on the heart wasn’t because of their financial condition.

         She closed the eyes slowly and sighed tiredly. The famous surname started to explode and jump on her mind, telling her that something was wrong. Bom always thought that those first impressions that we have from someone are fake. People try to look like something when, in fact, they are other very different. But, in this case, they would seem real to her. The fact of her heart hurt when she heard that name, some vacancies memories on her mind and the look on the boy’s eyes would make her be a hundred percent sure that he was bad and wrong.

“Bom” the soft voice of the friend made the girl wake from her reverie. She slowly raised her face and, her big brown eyes finally met Dara’s small ones “You have to stay away from him” she said with a serious tone, scaring Bom.

         From this moment, she knew that her prevision was right. Dara had a suspicious look on her eyes and it didn’t seem to mean something good. Bom gulped and, slowly, nodded. She was sure that the friend knew something about the guy and it made her curious. Nobody asks someone to stay away from the other simply because the first doesn’t like the second. They ask those kind of thing when they have a good reason to justify them. Something in the way that her trembling mouth said those words, how her hands started shaking and the formed view of pain on her eyes made Bom feel sorry about the girl. Something was wrong, and her curiosity wouldn’t let her calm down until she knew what it was.

“Don’t worry, Dara” she smiled towards the friend and saw how her expression changed after the other’s words. She won a happy and peaceful aura. She turned around to finish copying what the teacher was writing on the big white board and Bom felt alone to think on whatever she wanted to.

         She putted her elbows on the green school desk and rested her face on the hands, sighing slowly. Since when young, Bom was always stubborn. When her parents told her to stay away from the cookies jar on the top of the kitchen’s wardrobe, she didn’t obey; she ran towards it and climbed the white object, in direction of the delicious food. But, of course, it would end up in disaster. The chair that she used of base was pulled behind and she fell with the face on the floor, breaking some teeth and her right arm.

         Bom knew she wasn’t good to follow what the others asked her to because she was too interested in the prohibited. Without fighting back, she turned her head slowly to face the boy one more time. He had his eyes glued on the board, as Dara, and didn’t seem to pay attention on anything that was happening around him. The way he held the pen tightly made Bom think about how strong he was. She felt free to examine him while he wasn’t looking and, her eyes, liked what they saw. From all the other men, he was the most handsome. Maybe that was the reason why so many girls were staying around him before the class had started. The thoughts about some minutes ago made her feel something weird: why weren’t the girls scared of being with him the same way Dara was?

         He felt a heavy gaze on him and decided to check out what it was. Staring at the left, he furrowed his eyebrows when his eyes finally met the new student’s ones on him. She had light brown eyes, full of feelings and emotions. The delicate cheek and the chubby lips gave him the impression of staring at a Barbie doll. He chuckled when she tried to avoid his look, getting the attention back to the teacher. She wouldn’t be different from the other girls, he thought. She’d probably be another one that wanted to make out with him and, after that, she wouldn’t mean anything to the boy. But she was different from the others, he knew. This one was Sandara Park’s friend.

         Bom gulped guilty for getting caught by the boy and decided to ignore him. She started hearing the annoying voice coming from the old man’s mouth and, suddenly, her mind flew back to another place.

         The calm water was back right in front of her, along with the birds, the wind and, the most important, the happy couple. The man still had his arms opened to her and she didn’t hesitate before running towards them and jumping on him. They fell on the floor and started laughing at that thing. The girlfriend smiled and decided to join the two on the ground, sitting next to them.         

         Bom stared at her for some moments and envied how pretty she was. It wasn’t a normal beauty but an exotic one. She smiled at the woman staring straight to the lake, with the mouth open and the arms wrapped around the knees. That same tear of before started falling one more time. It wasn’t as heavy as the last one but still had the same meaning to the girl. A pointed on her heart started hurting unconditionally and, suddenly, her eyes became waterfalls. Her face started wetting as she subbed frantically, not able to hold her crazy chest jumping up and down. The woman stared at her with the same look of the girl, but not crying. She had a sad gaze and this made Bom’s heart pain even more. Breaking all the barriers between them, she hugged tightly her and started crying desperate on the other’s shoulder. The woman caressed her hair gently, some weird words on her ears.

“Mom” Bom mumbled while still sobering. She tried to see the mother’s face one more time but, as before, it was gone. She stood up abruptly and stared at where the man was seconds ago but, as her, he was gone.

         Her head started spinning around and she could feel the mind getting dizzy. She stepped back terrified and saw herself alone on a white place. The flowers, trees, everything were gone; just her rested.

“MOM!” she yelled scared and her voice echoed on the vacuum. She felt lost. There was no escape, no way of getting out of there. Her soul was gone, as the rest of the things, and the only that left was her empty body, falling on the cold straight floor.

“Bom!” Dara shook the friend’s arms trying to get her attention but she didn’t seem to care. She had the eyes forcefully closed and tears falling from them in a messy harmony. This was making the roommate worried because she had never seen someone like this before “Bom? What’s wrong? Do you hear me?” she tried to scream and her efforts finally had an answer. In a question of seconds, the girl’s eyes opened abruptly and she stared horrified to the one in front of her.

         Bom held her neck searching for some air. She felt suffocated and the oxygen she was breathing wasn’t being enough to feed her necessities. Seeing the friend in that state made Dara’s heart fall. She looked so weak and vulnerable that it should be a crime. The blonde haired girl didn’t think before wrapping her arms strongly around her, trying to push away from there the bad things. With the other’s touch, Bom felt something that she had never felt before: for the first time in her life, she had someone to support her. Someone to whisper calmly on her ears words like ‘Everything will be okay’ or ‘Don’t cry’. But, even if it was helpful, she couldn’t stop.

         Feeling safe on the other’s embrace, Bom started crying intensively, screaming in pain. She had to hide those feelings for a long time of her life and, finally, she could free them. The sensation was good; it was like she had thrown away a heavy cement package. She was finally getting finished with that bad emotions, those weird and painful memories and, the loneliness once felt inside her body, was also leaving with the rest of the feelings.

         After the ring bell, Dara thought it was time to wake Bom up. That was when she realized that the girl was crying and, imaging to be alone, she started comforting her. But, what she didn’t know was that, from the opposite side of the class, a group of boys was curiously staring at them. They had their gazes glued on the two girls hugging each other and, every time the new screamed, they felt a bit of pain on their hearts.

         The brown haired man with the big fringe sighed sadly and turned to face his friends, also with the same expression of him, except the tall handsome guy; he had the serious face as if he wasn’t minding about the painful situation happening right in front of him. But, why would he care? He had never cared about his own friends or family, why would it be different to a strange?

“Let’s go to the bathroom. You look a mess with this red nose” Dara said cutely and poked the friend’s nose. Bom gave a simple and sad laugh, nodding.

         They stood up with their arms crossed together and froze when they finally saw the gang in front of them. The boys’ heavy eyes were glued on them and this bothered the girls. They didn’t even say something; they just stared at them shamelessly. Dara felt something weird and anger started taking over her control. Her hand held the friend’s one and they decided to leave the room faster as they could.

         Bom rested her head on the girl’s shoulder and they made their ways towards the exit door, leaving instantly and running in direction of a small door on the end of the large corridor. Dara pulled Bom in and locked the thing behind her, leaning on it and sighing in relief. Her gaze met the friend’s one and her heart fell at her state.

“We should clean this face before we go, right?” she smiled friendly and Bom nodded silently.

         She walked to the sink and opened it, letting the water fall quickly on her hands. The contact of the coldness of it with the hotness of her skin made chills run from her spine again but this didn’t feel bad. It was a good sensation. She smiled weakly and cupped her hands, saving a bit of water that she thrown towards her face. One more time, the contact made her shake. She felt different and lighter.

         After some minutes, she was ready to leave. With the towel that Dara had handled to her, Bom wiped her wet face and smiled at the friend. She felt more tears forming on her eyes as she stared at the gentle girl in front of her. She couldn’t deny, she was luck for having met Dara. Not hesitating, she hugged her tightly and patted her back with the two hands.

“Thank you so much” Bom whispered on her ears and the other held her even stronger. Dara also had a sad past and she knew how someone would be important on those moments.

         They broke their connection and smiled at each other. It seemed like they were childhood friends that had grown together. This was like a true friendship had to be and Bom was sure of this, even if it was her first day in the new home.

         The girls took a deep breath before leaving the empty bathroom. They stepped outside and held hands one more time, going downstairs. People didn’t care about staring at them and this didn’t annoy the girls. They thought it’d be better without having any attention, especially because Bom was a very shy girl.

“I’m going to introduce you to my friends. They are younger than us and that’s the reason we just meet at the lunch time” Dara said with a smile and the other nodded.

         They kept their way until the blonde stopped and waved happily towards a table with two girls: one of them had the black hair and, the other, a red one. Dara pulled Bom towards her and ran in the direction of the friends, excited to show them the new student. They greeted her with a smile and stared confused at the strange standing next to the old friend.

“Girls, this is Park Bom. She’s new here and we are roommates” she jumped up and down while the other bowed politely.

“Hey” the black haired girl said with a gentle smile and Bom did the same. She thought of how pretty this one was.

“Welcome to our bunch” the other exclaimed and the rest laughed at her slang.

“Take a seat, Bom” Dara indicated towards an empty chair next to the first one and she sat down there.

“I am Lee Chaerin, but you can call me however you want” she said friendly and smiled. Bom felt good staying by her side. This girl seemed to be comfortable; she didn’t know how to explain that.

“And I am Gong Minji but I go by Minzy” the red haired one saluted her from the opposite side of the table and she bowed back.

“So, Bom, what bring you to our school?” Chaerin asked giving a bite on her apple. For some reason, Bom didn’t feel weird in telling her the reason, even if it wasn’t the real one.

“I wanted to find a new life” she smiled shyly and turned to face the other. She had a big smile on the lips, gently greeting the girl to become her friend.

“You’ll find it here. But just try to not mix with the idiot poeple, okay?” Minzy said with a spoon full of rice on . Bom smiled and nodded slowly. She liked the friends she had done so fast.

“Dara, where can I get a bit of food?” she asked standing up. The blonde explained her exactly the directions she’d have to follow and Bom nodded gratefully before storming out.

         On the way to the big canteen, she found some gazes staring at her. It felt uncomfortable to her, especially because mostly of the were whispering about Bom. A group of boys was coming towards her but they didn’t seem to notice the girl. She raised her head trying to look confident. When they were closer, one of them turned around to say something to the guy standing behind him and, without realizing, he bumped onto her.

         The yogurt that he had on the hands fell on the girl’s sweater. Bom covered her face to not get dirty with the liquid but it was in vain, as a single drop had already found her left cheek. The boy stared at her shocked about what happened and tried to clean the mess he had done.

“Oh my God, I’m sorry! I didn’t see you” he said apologetic while taking his sweater off to rub on hers. But, before he could do it, two hands grabbed his.

“Don’t worry, it’s okay” Bom smiled gently at him and stepped back. She didn’t want the boy to dirt himself because of an accident. He stared at her with the opened mouth.

“No, I did this because of a stupid distraction so let me fix it”.

“If you want to fix then just tell me where the bathroom on this floor is. I just went to the one upstairs so I don’t know how to get in the other here” she said shyly and he stared at her with the confused eyes. She didn’t want his help? Why?

“Are you new?” he asked with the eyes glued on hers. Bom nodded slowly “Oh that explains. Well, just follow straight and you’ll see it” he smiled at her and pointed towards an empty corridor. Bom followed his fingers and nodded, knowing where she should go.

“Thank you” she bowed politely and started walking away when a strong hand held her arm tightly.

“What’s your name?” the same boy asked curiously.

“Park Bom” she smiled friendly and he did the same. He took hold of her little delicate hand and kissed it, smelling the delicious vanilla aroma stuck on her soft skin.

“I am Choi Siwon, nice to meet you” the contact of his hot lips on her made a weird sensation form inside her. The guy seemed to be a gentleman and he also was very good looking: his black hair was perfectly combed, matching with the beard botched around his mouth. She smiled one more time and bowed before leaving towards where he told her to go.

         But something stopped her. Choi... It was the same surname as the Cooperation’s leaders; the same surname of the boy on her class. She felt the same weird sensation taking over her body but, for some strange reason, she felt good things about him. He didn’t seem to the like the other; he seemed to be better. One had the dark eyes, full of anger, coldness and lifeless; the other, had them like stars, shining. The sweetly on his voice would make her smile quickly and the gently of his touch would make her wonder of how his lips would taste on hers.

         She laughed at the idiot thoughts and tried to avoid those kind of things on her mind. She didn’t go there to fall in love; she went to study and graduate faster as she could. Then, Bom would finally be free. But who said that she couldn’t do both of them? She had never experimented a love before. The only passion she had ever felt was the one from her romance’s books. But the real love, the one that you feel inside your heart, she had never tried. It seemed so inviting to her right now that she couldn’t deny the fact of think about it. But, laughing one more time, she realized how stupid it was. First of all because she had just met the boy; second, because she didn’t know if they would talk ever again. He seemed to be so busy and full of things to do. Would he mind to approach a girl like her when he probably had all the others girls of school falling on his feet?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I can’t believe that you already met the team’s captain!” Dara slapped her forehead frustrated while the girls laughed.

“He bumped on me and messed my clothes. Should I ignore him and just leave?” Bom raised an eyebrow with a smirk on the lips. The blonde rolled her eyes.

“She’s right, Sandara. Calm down” Chaerin tried to defend the new friend. Dara smiled and gave up, jumping on her bed.

“This is the only time that I’ll let you win, okay?” she pouted towards Bom and the other nodded happily.

“Lies” Minzy muttered and yelled when she won a pillow on her head. Dara had threw it and, now, the older girl had a sarcastic smirk formed on the corner of “I am going to kill you!” the red haired one stood up and ran towards the friend, while the rest started to laugh.

         Bom and Chaerin saw themselves alone, as the two others were trying to fight with each other. The younger one smiled and turned her gaze to face Bom. She nudged her leg and pouted cutely when she stared at her. The brunette chuckled at the friend’s sweet way and shook her head, as if asking what she wanted.

“Siwon is very handsome, isn’t him?” Chaerin whispered malicious, making a ert face. Bom didn’t held herself and laughed, while nodding.

         Knocks on the door suddenly replaced Dara and Minzy’s screams’ noise. The girls stared at each other confused because they didn’t have invited anyone to join their ‘girls’ night’. The blonde mumbled a ‘weird’ before holding the handle and opening the medium size door. She furrowed her eyebrows when the view of some boys standing in front of her appeared.

“Can I help you?” she asked annoyed, knowing who they were. The young guy smiled and bowed at her.

“Is Mrs. Lee here?” he questioned trying to look inside the room. Dara turned her gaze to stare at the friend sitting on Bom’s bed, next to the girl. She faced her with an interrogative look and Dara just shook her head. She went with it towards the boys again.

“What do you want with her?” the annoyance on her tone made him feel uncomfortable but he needed to talk to his class mate.

“She’s my partner on our biology project and we had to meet tonight to work on it” he scratched the back of his neck shyly. Suddenly, a black shadow came from behind the blonde girl and stared at him angrily.

“Come it” Chaerin said, pushing Dara from the door.

         He smirked sarcastically at her and stepped in, being followed by the friends. One by one, they passed by the two and, when it was time to the last, Dara held her breath to calm herself down. The black haired tall man stared at her quickly and turned his gaze to face the rest of the room. He saw two girls sitting on a bed, with their eyebrows furrowed. He knew the small one was Minzy, Dara’s best friend so he didn’t care about her. But the second one intimidated him: it was the same girl of his class.

         Bom turned her eyes to face the floor when she saw the guy’s ones on her direction. She felt the same weird thing on her spine, giving her chills and she tried to avoid those sensations. The silence stood in the room until Dara decided to close the door and walk towards the other girls.

“Why did you bring all your friends?” Chaerin asked angrily staring at the young man. He shook his shoulders as if it wasn’t a big deal.

“I wouldn’t stay alone with you. You are scary” his reply made the friend turn her hands in fists.

“Let’s just finish it faster as we can” she said while sitting on the floor and grabbing a green book out from her purple bag.

         The other boys nodded and obeyed her requirements, joining her on the carpet ground. Dara stared towards the bed on the right and smiled when she saw the two friends quiet. Minzy had her phone on her hands, playing some kind of those annoying games; Bom was holding a thick book. It had a woman painted on the cover. But not any woman; she seemed to be like those medieval queens, landing for a famous painter. It was complicated to read it’s name as the girl had her fingers capping it so she decided to ignore and start her homework.

         The only noise that was heard on the room was of Chaerin and the other guy’s voice. They didn’t seem to know how to properly communicate with each other, especially for the fact that they were always screaming. The rest of his gang was busy as Minzy. They had a mobile on hands and were frantically typing on the touch screens. It was weird to Bom because she wasn’t used to those things. She didn’t care about virtual programs and, in this time of the century, she was probably the only person without a facebook or whatsapp. She smiled to herself thinking about it.

         On the other side of the floor, the boy slowly turned his gaze towards the girl with a book in hands. She had a smile formed on the lips and it made him feel better. Since he saw her crying, he felt bad, even if he didn’t tell the friends about it. She looked so hurt that it hurt him. Shaking his head to avoid the thoughts, he turned his attention back to what he was doing.

“We are done” Chaerin’s happy voice echoed on the silent room after some minutes and the girls smiled.

“Finally” her partner muttered as he stood up with his things. They could see the girl rolling her eyes and standing up with him.

“Before we go, I think we should be polite and introduce ourselves to the new student” the guy with the long fringe said, while staring towards Bom.

         She turned her gaze to them and widened her eyes in surprise. Minzy made a gest with her head and Bom nodded, resting the book on the bed and putting her feet on the floor. She leaned to stand up, making a bit of noise with the touch of her heels on the carpet. Shyly, she bowed and smiled.

“I am Kang Daesung” the boy said while waving towards her. He seemed to be the nicer from all of them and the girl couldn’t help but feel something good about him.

         He stared at the other friends, who had their eyes on the ground. He nudged Chaerin’s partner and indicated Bom with the corner of his eyes. Sighing tiredly, he bowed towards her and smiled.

“Lee Seunghyun, but you can call me Seungri. To be honest, you can call me however you want” he winked his eye to her in a very seductive way but she tried to avoid it, simply bowing back at him.

“Kwon Jiyong, nice to meet you” the orange haired boy smiled at her with an honest look. Bom liked him because of the way he greeted her, full of good intentions and without the same erted thoughts of the other.

“I am Dong Youngbae, but just call me Taeyang” next to him, the blonde guy smiled with his cheeky eyes. He bowed politely and saluted her. Bom chuckled with his action.

         The room went silent one more time. The last guy, the one that the girl was scared, didn’t seem to want to talk. He had his gaze on her, staring intentionally at Bom. She coughed at the uncomfortable situation and the other guys nudged him.

“It’s not necessary to introduce myself to someone who already knows who I am” he said in his husky and cold voice. Without looking back, he walked towards the door and opened it, leaving the place without any last sound.

         Bom gulped at his words and tried to cover her blushed cheeks. Was she blushing because he already knew that he wasn’t a total strange to her or was it because his voice was the most attractive thing she had ever faced on her life? She didn’t know.

“I’m sorry about him” Taeyang tried to apologize “He’s a bit-“ he started talking but was cut by an angry Dara.

“Jerk. We all know. Please, go away” she closed her eyes and tried to calm herself down. The boys nodded slowly and started making their ways towards the exit. But one of them didn’t resist and looked back at the new girl’s direction.

“Bye Bom, see you tomorrow” Daesung smiled and waved at her. She felt his happy tone and a warm feeling grew inside her with his words. She nodded sweetly and gave him a goodbye gest, before the door was totally closed.

         Dara locked the object and threw herself on the bed, covering her face with the white pillow.

“How I hate him!” she yelled with the tearful voice, making the girls’ hearts melt. Chaerin sat next to her and started caressing her platinum hair.

“We know, baby. We know”.

         Bom felt something strange and decided to approach the others. Dara had helped her early when she was in that bad state so, now, was time to her do the same for the friend. Without hesitating, Bom hugged her by behind, lying atop of her. She patted her back gently and gave a kiss on her cheek.

“Sometimes you have to cry. It’s not good to suffer alone so you can share your pain with us. It works, I swear” she said calmly while sitting next to Chaerin. Sandara opened the eyes and turned to face the girls. She smiled sadly and, in the next moment, she fell on Bom’s lap, with tears falling crazily from her eyes.

         Even if that was a serious moment, the group felt something good around them. It was like if this was meant to be. They were exactly like each other: four lonely girls, trying to find somewhere to be who they really are. And, for more weird that it could seem, there was this place. In the first time in her lives, they finally felt that they had a home and this school, with these people, seemed to be the somewhere they belong.