Chapter 7

No Such Thing
Chapter 7
 
Tsubasa then appeared before Hikaru who was resting both Yuya and the girl, whom Tsubasa later introduced as Chitose on the ground. Yuya just finished and Hikaru managed to stop the rage in him. Tsubasa looked towards Hikaru intently, "Are you sure about this?"
 
"Yea… What about the others?" Hikaru said without looking at Tsubasa. He just continued looking towards the nearby window - noticing Ryosuke failed to catch up to the night's perpetrator. Clenching his teeth to withstand the anger, he turned towards Tsubasa and gave a signal. Tsubasa sighed and smiled, "Don't worry, I do my job well. Despite me being her reincarnation," Hikaru knew that Ryosuke had fallen in love with Tsubasa's grandmother. Ironically, they had the same name. However, the Tsubasa Hotori now is different from the Tsubasa Hotori then. They just share the same body and memories but different heart and soul. 
 
"Yuka should be with Daiki now along with Ruri and Yuri. I made them deliver something to the dorm. I can't do anything about the girls that Jesse and Hokuto brought. Example shown - Yuya. So that will be your task. Bring yourself Keito and Ryutaro to the remaining girls. From what I've dreamt, tonight is where all of you met your Ones," Tsubasa said with abit of a faraway look and saw Ryosuke making rounds in order to make sure both Jesse and Hokuto were gone. Surprisingly, after they gave an attack towards Yuya, they somewhat vanished into thin air. 
 
"Ryutaro is back soon... Most likely to bump into at least one of the girls. Keito is staying with the girls with Airi. Right! What about Airi's One? She is asleep, could she still sense him?" Hikaru asked and saw Tsubasa was ready to get out from the window sill. Tsubasa turned and the moonlight revealed one of her famous smirk that she would give, "You should know best..." With a small gust of wind felt, Tsubasa was already down from the second floor to the ground floor. Letting out a sigh, he uttered, "It's going to begin.."
 
----
 
"Isn't this our University?" both Daiki and Yuri muttered as they traveled all the way from their cafe  and back to their Uni. It was like making rounds. Making things worse, they were supposed to bring the products to the girl's dorm - a race that they both dislike. With heavy footsteps, they cleared the front desks of the dorm and reached to the told place. What they expect when the door would be opened was screams or squeals and sharp voices buzzing into their ears. However, to their surprise, a male opened the door. He looked quite intimidating due to his buff look, the person who opened the door gave a glare and asked for their purpose. Daiki took his courage and said that someone wished to deliver the shop's famed milk tea to that particular room. From the corner of their ears, both Daiki and Yuri heard a female voice, "Hmm? This familiar scent..." 
 
Ruri stood up from her sitting position and headed towards the door. She peeked over Keito's shoulder and saw the recognised face, "It's you! the one who send me to the square back then...!" Keito then recalled, instinctively, he gently shoved Ruri back into the room and accepted the milk tea. "Thanks for the effort and you may leave,"
 
Keito's words, though he meant no offence, was indeed seemed rude to the people that walked in the middle of the night for the sake of a package of milk tea. Just as Keito was about to close the door, Ruri stopped the attempt without much of an effort. Keito, finally gave in and left the door open. Ruri then regained her posture and handed her hand out towards Yuri, "Thanks for helping me the other day," Despite seeing girls everywhere, somehow, only that particular girl was enough to stun Yuri. Daiki noticed the frozen state of his friend and returned the gratitude for him. When he finished his sentence, Keito suddenly shouted, "RUN!"
 
However, Daiki and Yuri was too slow as a smirking creature appeared behind them before piercing through the two humans with one claw. Blood splattered towards Ruri's face. While Ruri was trying to register the situation, Keito was already engaged with the creature. A dry cough pulled her conscious back to reality. Immediately, she shouted for Yuka which came instantly. Even with Yuka being with her, what was she supposed to do, was what she was thinking. The smell of the blood tickled her nose and which made her thirsty. Ruri was about to fall into an mindless state until a civilian suddenly appeared and shouted, "Drink his blood. You have the Pure-blood's venom in you already. He will turn into a Tainted Vampire," 
 
"You too," the civilian said towards Yuka whom Ruri failed to notice her palor as well. 
 
"Can't believe that it was tonight...! That Tsubasa... she could at least tell me about this!" said the civilian who then got annoyed at the hesitation of the two girls. His friends' lives were at the edge and here they were being hesitant? That controversial actions was the one that irritated him the most. He grabbed the two heads and shoved it into each of his friend's head where blood were best drunk from, "Please... Save them... Don't waste anymore time," 
 
Hearing that plea, Ruri eyes widen and hesitantly bite the neck of Yuri before the sweet liquid naturally flow into . Yuka did the same but not as forceful as Ruri did because unlike Ruri, the male before her was a complete stranger. Even so, the blood was satisfying her thirst - making her want more and more. Keito who was busy engaged with the creature decided to turned back to check on the situation and only to find both of his friends were feasting onto the two guys. Keito cursed and without wasting time, he whispered, "If only those days lasts..." before behead the enemy mercilessly. As the thick black blood slowly dripping from his hand, he took a taste. It tasted like melted iron, he twitched and headed towards any nearby facility to get rid of the blood. At the same time, he could search for any other enemies in hide or any bystanders that needed to be handled. 
 
"Hikaru, the days that you gave us... are starting to fall apart..."