Chapter 6

No Such Thing

"Where the hell Chitose went!" Kazuko said to herself as she wondered around the house alone. She got seperated from Shizuko and Karina went Chitose started running off somewhere after claiming to heard something. Then, she took a deep breath and looked at her surroundings, She never been in the area yet so she assumed that it would increase the possibility to find Chitose there. She was like that ever since she was young, independent and capable to solve the problem that was being thrown to her. Plus, she liked taking on challenges so why not venture into a place where she have yet to know? By switching her mindset to think the situation as an exam question, she could probably find Chitose in no time. With her right hand touching the wall to give her a certain stability, she finally noticed Chitose's figure. Just as she was approaching, she saw a person's head burried in Chitose's neck. She then heard a sound that made her uneasy. Her eyes widen at the sight. Chitose was barely keeping her eyes open and was breathing heavily, her face was flushed as if she could pass out any time. Kazuko took a gulp before taking steps forward. She cursed when she accidentally stepped onto a debris which made a 'Klack' sound. The person who was busy doing something raised his head. His stare was so piercing that Kazuko's knees were weak. His eyes were glowing in its original colour and his mouth was covered in blood. Kazuko wasn't even sure whether he should be labeled as he or it. He looked like he was about to assault Kazuko but something came in the nick of time.

"Aren't you..." Kazuko managed to utter before he put her unconscious and faced the raged being behind him. 

"That brat planned this..." he said before preparing himself. He knew that Yuya still had his conscience as he didn't drain the blood out of his first victim. In fact, Pure-Blooded had uncontrollable rage yet they must retain their conscious in order not to kill their only One. In order to satisfy his blood lust, Hikaru, offered his own blood as he slit his wrist. The blood oozed out from the cut was enough to tempt Yuya.  In the midst of it, Hikaru's eyes changed, he was determined to stop this teasing game. His eyes became sharper as he glared.

Once Yuya was done, he sat down and started feeling all guilty, "I can't believe I almost killed her… I almost killed her… Chitose…" Yuya glanced over to Chitose who was breathing heavily. Hikaru saw it and decided to speak up.

"Yes. You almost killed her but you didn't. It was tough but you managed. That shows how much you still care for her. You even remembered her smell, despite you only smelt her smell 15 years ago," Hikaru commented and stole a glance towards the fainted Kazuko.

Yuya noticed where Hikaru was looking at and saw a glimpse of Hikaru's anguished smile against the moonlight. There, it came to him, "Is she the one that you save years ago? From her brother or something?"

"A fight to the death between siblings? It just doesn't cut out for me. I did try to convince her back then, but she was the in the rebellious stage as what humans say. That’s the time where the pride get more of logical thinking,"

"What happened here?!" The vampire who spent the whole evening and night searching for his friend decided to head back to the mansion for a while only to find 'holed' ceilings, Hikaru looking sad, Yuya in a breakdown situation and two human girls laying down unconscious.

"Get Yuka to check on the werewolves. They are getting informative," Yuya started before Hikaru could even collect his words. Hikaru smiled at Yuya who finally got back his composure.  "We will explain the situation when Yuka got the datas. Bring Ryutaro along with her as well,"

On the other hand, Kuri who was out of cold finally regained her conscious only to find herself back to the mansion. She remembered that she was about to reach Riyu's favourite place afterwards, nothing much. It was like a damaged tape. She tried to get up but her hands and feet were bounded. Of course, the rope would be easy to snap if it wasn't for the deep cut she had on her arm. Her attacker likely to use a weapon sprayed with holy water or it was the werewolves as werewolves had their own poison for the Vampires.

Kuri shifted herself into a much comfortable position and found a person laying beside her. Since the figure was long and thin and too stiff to be a female's so it had to be a male. Then again, it stirred up question, "Who is he and why is he here?" Just as she scanning the person, the person changed his position. Now Kuri was facing his chest, with such close space, she could see his chest inhaling and exhaling. His hands that were bounded was placed ontop of her head. When Kuri looked up to see the face, a last minute memory appeared in her mind.

In the streets, and passing through alleys to avoid possible recognitions, Kuri rushed through places in order to reach to Riyu sooner. In this one alley, Kuri met a male with such tall and thin figure. It was like he didn't eat sufficiently. He had this aura that draws people in. Kuri unconsciously followed him through until she realised that she reached where she objectively wanted to go. Just as she was about to leave, she noticed a presence but the presence wasn't going near her, instead it felt fainter. She looked up to check on the male that she followed and saw a pair of glinting eyes with ferociously sharp claws ready to lung onto him. Without hesitation, Kuri ran over to cover him. She managed to shelter him from the harm but intsead, her arm got cut deeply. The sudden cut and overflow of blood from her body caused her conscious to leave her.

"But why would anyone harm him?" Kuri muttered. It didn't really make sense to her.

"Because he was acquainted to me," a voice entered uninvited into the room. Kuri tried to pretend to remain out of cold but it was seen through straight by the stranger, "You are awake. I know it," Knowing that fooling him or her further would end up meaningless so Kuri asked the stranger to untie her. Probably afterwards could land an attack in case of enemy.

"No, I will untie you when I finished talking. Just try to sit up," said the stranger. This made Kuri to raise her guard. It was like the person could easily read through her. Kuri then heard a soft lump sound as if the person placed a body. Kuri hesitated but a familiar voice made her sit straight up, "Get the hell up Kuri. Don't make me walk all the way back to see you laying beside a dude like a piece of lovebirds,"

"It's 'Pair', Riyu," the stranger laughed. Only at that moment, Kuri saw the face of the unfamiliar person and saw a male resting again one wall of the room. True enough, her face nor the male's face did not spark any recognition nor memories so she stared at Riyu instead who was actually looked quite exhausted.

"Kuri. This is Tsubasa Hotori or at least what she is known now," Riyu said as she sat down as well. The girl returned Riyu's explanation with a  blank stare. "Did you remember the story where Hikaru once said that there was someone else helped him escaping the nest of brutal killings other than Yuya himself? This lady here is the someone else,"

"But… She is just human!" Kuri exclaimed. Riyu then got up to continue her explanation as she untied Kuri, "Her grandmother was the one that saved her actually, but resurrected as Tsubasa Hotori. It seemed like her grandmother or she herself had a werewolf trait but it was really scarce. However, just like those beasts, she will continue on helping us vampires as long as we survive. What a story right? But believe me, it took me quite some time to digest all the information that she knows,"

"Why would she help us?" 

With a shuffling sound, the assumed unconscious male sat up and answered with a strained voice, "Because of the father of some Yamada dude right? You used to tell me that story where you had  a forbidden love,"

"Precisely. But my family was really against it that they are willing to lock me up for…"

"12 years," another strained voice came into the conversation. In the corner, both Kuri and Riyu could see her smirk but decided to ignore it. "Geh. You woke up. And I thought I could enjoy the traquility…" Riyu commented as her body slumped down as the guy that Tsubasa carried woke up.

"So you woke up as well, Kei? And Yuto, you seemed surprised to see Kei here right?"  Tsubasa said with a seedy smile as she stood up. She looked around her surroundings and noticed there was a window but the window was at the top so this place should be the attic. She then realised that there was only one door. She then perched out to see that across the room was another of the same structure. Riyu was peculiar about Tsubasa's actions but decided to ignore it since Hikaru seemed to trust her.  Tsubasa beckoned Kuri to go to the other room while she hold onto Yuto to be brought to the other room as well. Riyu first felt strange about Tsubasa's actions but that feeling changed when the door slammed right before her. She would be able to break down the piece of wood but if it wasn't for the blood smell coming from 'Kei's' head, she would.

"You!" Kei called out to Riyu but it was too late. He thought that the dangerously smirking person would assault Riyu but instead, it was him. His head was grabbed but Riyu acted quick enough to pull the hand away. It was definitely a surprise for Riyu but her body reacted such. Both of the fell down and Kei started rambling, "Don't you know the word cautious? And why is that person aimed to me? Are you one of those obsessive fans who acted all 'Oh? You are the famous one? I didn't know that,' and then get all invasive?Who-" Before Kei could finish his sentence or Riyu to retort back, a heavy object was dropped onto his head. The perpetrator escaped but when Kei's head dropped and blood flowing out. Riyu was numbed and eyes widen at the sight. Temptation and lust kicks in but she closed her eyes tight to avoid it. However, hearing his breathing so close to her ear, her strength depleted as she was sensitive to extremely close proximities.

"I guess it was a good thing to let them off late today," the same female who Riyu asked for refuge earlier on appeared.

"Why are you…" Riyu's voice trailed off as Tsubasa carried Kei on her back.

"I'll explain on the way back to your place,"

Trying to fight her inner self, she said with heavy breathing between, "Don't you dare come near me,"

"As if I can," Kei retorted as he tried to rest himself and started dozing off.

On the other hand, Kuri, who was stunned by the sudden shut of the door on Riyu's side, she was about to reprimand Tsubasa. However, she was shoved into the other room with Yuto and this time, it was her door that was slammed shut. 

"Are you okay? Your arm is was cut because of me right?" the boy called Yuto asked as he tried to loosen the rope on his wrists. Being the able to see the bloody scent started appearing, she just helped him untie it before it turned into a cut. After setting a certain distance between them, she asked, "Aren't you scared? Being stuck here with me? Aren't you being too calm? To be stuck here with me?"

"I'm guessing that you are the Vampire that I'm supposed to be with?" Yuto said calmly as he tried to make himself cozy.

"What?" was the only word that escaped from Kuri's mouth.

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

[hitsugaya0911 - 29.4.2014]

Haha... Two months for a chapter? My bad... however, I hope this chapter can stir up certain questions into your mind~ hehe