Chapter 5

No Such Thing

Chapter 5

 

"What happened today with Airi is unexpected," Hikaru started as the rest of his friends gathered around his dorm room. Keito was somehow the Guard meaning his senses and intuition are sharp, so prepared for anything. Ryutaro, on the other hand was their info analysis. He was good with his prediction and conclusion skills. With information given by Ruri. he could piece them up easily and devise a pattern of the data since all incidents were interlinked. Even with their sharpness or smartness, both couldn't predict nor sense the attack on Airi. However, what happened today were both a good and a bad thing. The good thing was that Airi was able to evolve without issues. The bad thing was that, their nemesis finally found them.

Ryosuke was silent. He was frowning as he crossed his arms above his chest. Since Yuya was the one with the observation skills, he concluded that since Airi, their normal vampire companion got attacked, he feared that Riyu would be the next. Knowing that his own deduction is the conclusion, Yuya smirked at Ryosuke, "Even though you were so mean to her, you still worry about her. Pft. Pure Tsundere," Ryosuke heard that immediately blushed and retorted, "B-Baka! I'm worried because she is my childhood friend! First human friend I've ever made,"

"Then, that will be it. Yama-chan. You go guard her. Simple as that. The rest of us would be monitoring Airi. Your power alone should be enough right? As long as water is not around. I will inform Ryutaro about this matter. Jyaa~ Mata ne~!" with a goofy smile that showed his two sharp cat-like canine teeth, Hikaru jumped out from his window. This made Keito wonder, why they never bother use the door during emergency. After having that random thought, he stood up as well and exited through the door, " I will be patrolling the premises,"

Yuya relaxed himself after being cooped up in the sudden heavy atmosphere and said, "Keito. A man of coolness and of a few words,"

Back to Airi's room, Yuka was busy wiping away Airi's sweats and fixed the blanket whenever she shifted herself too much. When she was done with what she was doing, she took the nearest chair and commented, "How could she just run away like that? Don't she know that she herself have a high chance to be attacked?"

" I'll go look for her. I think I know where she would be. Probably..." Kuri volunteered. Ruri and Yuka, both was interested with her 'Probably' raised their brows.

"Riyu... is quite... tricky? You may think she will be there since it is her favourite place. But, the probability of her being there is 50%," she continued and left through the door,

---

Riyu, was in fact at her favourite place, the riverbank. Despite hating insects, she still preferred to be there. She was just about to drift into her consciousness until she somehow felt another being's presence. She shot her eyes wide open and saw a silhouette with eyes that was staring at her sharply. She could even hear heavy breathing patterns coming from it as if, the silhouette just finished a marathon. Though it was shaped like a human, it immediately changed into a fox like figure. With that alone, Riyu decided to just escape. It was clearly the hunters. So why bother confirming it? She managed to run into the busy city and avoid being assaulted. Hunters change into either cat, fox, or a wolf in order to attack. So, in the busy crowds, it is easier to escape. Riyu, once joined the crowds, she followed the flow and stopped by a cafe, which she didn't bother to notice that it was the same Butler Cafe that Ruri entered last time.

"Ah. We're sorry but we are closed for the day..." the owner, Tsubasa said politely towards Riyu who was stunned seeing the decoration of the cafe. Vintage? or was it Ancient England? She brushed off that thought and replied, "Ah... I just need some cover... I'm avoiding something," Riyu paused for a moment before decided to mention it as something.

As Riyu tried to convince Tsubasa to let her take cover for a while, Tsubasa's employees were busy whispering. Yuri towards Kouta, "Don't you think that these two girls were the only ones that Tsubasa didn't bother to shout and usher away? Everytime, there was a girl in trouble or pretended to be, she, with no mercy, just shoved them away. But the other day, and now, their reasons were unreasonable! Yet, she let them sit down and even helped them?"

"Probably because she had in such girls? I see one similarity! They are both pale! or light-skinned!" Daiki exclaimed as he upturned the final chair to the table. Just after the chair settled down, a small packet of sugar smacked hard onto his forehead. Daiki yelled in pain as he looked towards his boss who was the culprit. He could see her glaring at him and then smiled properly. Yuto smirked, "Be careful. Her ears are as sharp as ever. I guess, I'll be leaving first. Adieu~"

Slowly, one by one, the boys left the shop through the backdoor - leaving Kei behind as he was assigned to do the closing that day. Just realising that fact, Tsubasa told him to accompany Riyu back to her dorms while she herself would do the rest of the check ups before locking the shop. Both Kei and Riyu were very much object the idea but she decided to give in since it would be rude as Tsubasa did help a bit.

On her way back, she raised her guard and was being cautious of her surroundings. It was late already so the crowds weren't that much, making her enemy easier to attack. She knew that she could be the next target but she never expected it to be so soon. She then noticed that this Kei guy was always reading his small note book. Just as she was about to snatch it away, Kuri was in her line of sight. Riyu quite whispered a small thanks without facing him and charged towards Kuri. Kei didn't bother much since it was practically everyday he ignored the female kinds so why give her a special treatment? Then, Kei realised something odd behind the girl that Riyu was heading to and decided to call but, it was too late.

---

Night fell, and both Karina and Shizuko were waiting at the bus station for the two, Lewis Jesse and Matsumura Hokuto. They didn't expect the other two to be serious about checking the house out but a thing that was even unexpected was that the girls accepted the offer and turned up at the meeting point. Both of them looked at each other with annoyance. After a minute of staring they let out a small sigh.

"I could be at home..." Karina started thinking of the possible productive stuffs she could have done than letting her feet tire her out. Before she could even lift her foot to get back home, Shizuka grabbed her shoulder and pointed to two silhouettes approaching them. It didn't seemed to be Hokuto nor Jesse and caused them to have a sudden rush in fear. Their heartbeats could be heard, it was just a matter whether the other party heard it. When the shadow became clear, it revealed two ladies, which was actually their university mates, Chitose and Kazuko. They know each other but not as well as sisters. The two shocked girls let out a sigh of relief, "Why are you two here?"

"Probably the same reason as you?" Chitose answered with a soft chuckle as she was entertained by their expressions when both Kazuko and her showed up. Just as Chitose ended her sentence, Shizuko's phone rang, she took it out and it was a message from Hokuto, telling them to enter the house first since apparently they will arrive later than expected.

After showing the message to Karina, Karina spoke up, "Then… shall we enter?"

When they arrived to the gate where Shizuko last checked was locked was now unlocked. Kazuko, who heard the story commented, "It's a bit odd, it's like the house is beckoning us to enter,"

----

"Who the hell unlocked the gate?!" Hikaru roared as he smelt 4 human girls outside their mansion. Ruri then snapped her fingers in realisation, "It was Yuya, he was the last to return," Hikaru gave a glare that was quite rare for him to do so and caused Yuya to backed down a bit and muttered a small apology. Hikaru was the one who always would smile, goof around, and joke around which made him frightening when angered.

"It was the same girl?!" Yuya exclaimed as the familiar scent get into him. Ryutaro furrowed his brows as he looked at Yuya, "Same girl?"

Yuya took a deep breath since Hikaru was somehow interested in it as well, " Yesterday, before Hikaru decided to round us up, two girls trespassed here and the second one caught my attention. For some reason, her scent was so alluring to me that it stayed for the whole night,"

"Okay, for now, we don’t want to fall for their bait again and ended up kill these girls like the others. Let's get out from here as soon as possible," Hikaru suggested. The victims of the killings recently were truthfully caused by them who was unable to suppress their lust. When Hikaru realised what he had done, he felt remorse and tried to avoid it this time. Night is their time where Lust runs high.

Out of the blue, a voice that they loathed echoed through the room, "Leaving so soon? I haven't even return the favour for last time…" Sharp teeth then materialised, revealing Hokuto and Jesse. Just as Hikaru and the rest got into their stance, Jesse threw something over and that something was a severely injured Kuri and an unconscious man beside her - luckily still breathing.

When Hikaru saw the sight of Kuri, his eyes narrowed and glowed transparent white, his fangs started to grow longer than usual and his nails gotten shorter but sharper. Hokuto then joked, "Opps. I guess we angered the Master eh? But I hope you wouldn't go on rampage here. Seeing that those human girls could be just right behind you,"

"You! You brought them here!!! No normal humans could find this place unless brought," Ryutaro accused. Hokuto dramatically acted hurt and smirked, "Said someone who succumbed to your lust for the first 2 groups I brought,"

"Man~ Voice pheromones can be quite easy to manipulate people. How shame it wouldn't work with Vampires," he continued as he paced around the room. Hikaru's anger kept rising but he managed to restrain himself when the floor and ceiling started to crack. Then, Hokuto gave a simple call and immediately Jesse struck Yuya who had his guard down due to Hikaru's anger release. In an instant, Yuya was slammed all the way down from the top floor to the bottom without the chance to fight back and went unconscious. Jesse was about to finish him off until he heard one of the girl's approaching. He swiftly decided to leave the scene.

"Hello?" Chitose called out despite how stupid she thinks for doing so. When she saw the debris and a man lying unconscious. It triggered one of her memories and made her legs weak. The man lying unconscious looked exactly the same as he was when he massacred her family. She fell to the ground even though she tried to stand and just head somewhere away. Why was he at the mansion was in her mind but getting away from the place was her main concern.

"Urgh, why am I still alive?" Yuya grunted as his consciousness didn't abandon him. Just as he woke up he smelt the scent that tempted him so much. He lost quite a fair amount of blood, enough for him to surrender to the temptation. He was practically breathless and managed to bring himself close to Chitose who was too stunned to move. Her eyes looked at Yuya with the pain of the memories kept coming back to her. The exact same man with such fangs.

She shut her eyes tight, hoping the forthcoming pain would end quickly.

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

[hitsugaya0911 - 22.2.2014]

A Level's are finally over and I can continue writing once again but it still depends. Now that things started to get packed again... *Sigh*
But hopefully this chapter was okay since I made rushed the situations. :)
Oh ya, it's been a while since I'm here. Haha Hello~