Chapter 4

No Such Thing
Chapter 4

Vampires, are formidable creatures against human kinds, they have long history in the records. It had been written whereby, the most dangerous species of these Vampires are the Pure-Blood. Pure-Blood are very rare because the vampires are either 'Evolved' or born with the trait. For a normal vampire to be evolved into Pure-Blood, it required a trigger for their lust for blood. Human blood are considered 'Neutral' as they are incomplete beings, those normal vampires are considered 'Tainted' where they drain others' life for a simple reason - greed or lust. These 'Tainted' vampires have two types of their own, one is which their lust got over their sanity while the other still have their sanity and are able to turn a normal human to a vampire. On the other hand, as what the name is, Pure-blooded vampires have so-called pure blood where they had control over their sanity and bloodlust. Pure-blooded Vampires are similar to humans - in fact, too similar. Both species have emotions and have sane thoughts, logic but of course Pure-Blood have more other qualities such as hypnotism, ability to elevate, and of course immortality.

A pure blood can change a human to a normal vampire as well with a high chance of it being sane, it can also save the insane-d vampires to regain certain sanity in them. Even with all the advantageous qualities in them, they have a problem, they can drink whoever's blood as much as they want but it wouldn't satisfy their thirst like the other normal vampires. They can only drink from one and only person.

To become a Pure-Blood from a normal vampire is to experience a near-death thirst. As what Vampires are yearning for, blood is vital to them. Once they are deprived from it, they might lose their conscience as well, but if the vampire managed to maintain their urge to drink even their thirst is literally killing them, they might have a chance to evolve.
Despite their records and statements stating that they are evil, inhumane and terrible creatures. Weren't they are just searching for their soul mates? True, there are one who really are cruel but should we be stereotyping? Misunderstandings can break out a war.

"But sensei, Vampires do not exist don't they … Why is there even a page dedicated to them?" one of the student raised her hand and stated her curiosity.

"In fact it didn't managed to finish even one page and plus, it's the last page of the book!" another student continued.

The teacher just sighed with a smile and closed his book, "Yeah~ They don't exist. Plus, is it wrong to dedicate a page to them? Just before the Vampire's Page, There is a page dedication to the 'Hunters' no?"

"Oh yea, " the same student replied after flipping a page. The teacher smiled, "Read about those two, there will be a small pop quiz tomorrow,"

Once the teacher left, the two new students who were sitting right at the back of the classroom smirked, "Almost right but still wrong,"

" Pure-bloods can turn normal vampires into Pure-Blood as well. Similar to the change from a normal vampire to Pure-Blood. That requires us to be at death's door but this, we need to experience death itself. Then, the pure-blood would give a fair amount of blood to it. If the vampire had the will to restrain death, he or she would revive as a Pure-Blood, if not. That's their end. I should thank you for that Hikaru... You changed us to become Pure-Bloods well, except for Airi and Riyu. I guess it was lucky that you were born Pure-blood," the guy who had brownish hair right below his nape said with gratitude as he stared at his friend who just gave him a soft smile.

"Maa~ It is thanks to my cruel parents that i decided to change the way how Pure-Bloods used to act. They were brutal, they just control whoever they want and do things that out of the question... And I'm sorry, I might lose control at times as what i warned you people... If it wasn't for you Yuya, yesterday I might had gone berserk with Riyu's and Ryosuke's fight," the friend said with a goofy laugh. Yuya, followed suit. Their laughter were interrupted by a few girls approached them. They were fidgeting with the hem of their shirts and were unable to look straight to the guys.

"Um... Are you two childhood friends? You were so close together..." one of the girls on the left side asked giving minute eye-contacts every now and then. Hikaru stared at Yuya and Yuya returned the stare with a grin. Then, they both looked at the girls, "Yup!! Both of us go waaaaaaaayyyy back!"

-------

"Yamada-san, do you got transferred here? It's weird for the University to accept people at this kind of time, since the exams are coming," one of the flooding girls that surrounded Ryosuke asked with an excited tone that ticks Riyu off. Riyu was sitting beside him but as the girls kept flooding around him, she decided to move further away. Plus, she needs some time away from Ryosuke. She strolled all the way to the library since it would be a much quieter atmosphere. When she entered, she feel so at peace, true there might be a fair amount of students flipping the pages of their thick books and the scribbling of notes onto the paper, but those sounds were much pleasant than the squealing. Riyu noticed that there were 3 floors to of that library and she decided to go to the second floor, since some might try to go to the third floor as there should be the best place to hide, some might just go to the 1st floor since 3rd floor is too troublesome. Once she reached the 2nd floor, she went to the History section for that floor find a comfortable spot to nap. Good for her, History section is just right at the end, so she had a corner to hide.

----------

"Airi~ Wanna hang out at the courtyard? The sun isn't that bad today," Ruri suggested as she pointed to the green grass field outside the window. Airi followed the direction of the finger and smiled. True it was quite a nice place to relax until their next lesson kick starts. Seeing Airi smiled, Ruri knew that it was an indication of agreement from her.

On their way there, Airi accidentally bumped onto a tall guy who had a masculine figure with a delinquent like facial features. Quickly, Airi apologised. Though she was a vampire herself that was superior than normal humans, she prefers to avoid unnecessary problems. She had expected a growl or a retort but instead, the guy just smirked and muttered, "Both you and your other friend... Make sure be careful"

Ruri who heard those words narrowed her eyes in suspicion immediately and before Airi could notice it, Ruri changed back to her usual expression. Trying to forget the warning that the guy just gave, Airi just carried on heading towards the courtyard. When they passed by Riyu and Ryosuke's classroom, they overheard a few students reading a passage,

"Hunters are Vampires mortal enemy. They have the ability to strike and identify the Vampire's varying weakness. Though they appear like normal humans they had traits like vampires as well, they live as long as the vampires live. Whenever they felt danger they would change themselves into animal-like forms. So far, all hunters changes into cats. If situation calls for it, they might change into foxes,"

"Hmm~ so all that stories and fiction about vampire and wolves or foxes are somehow related to history... But those authors are something else too. Why bother keep writing about the same type? People predicted what it is going to be about already. Ever sice Twilight was publish, these Vampire genre books are quite mind-numbing..." A student commented as her friends slowly agrees after one another.

"Hunters eh~" Ruri muttered as she heard the conversation as well. Finally, they reached the courtyard and choose a shady spot. The two girls were busy discussing the issues with Jesse and Hokuto and was disturb by a sudden onslaught. All of the sudden a creature sped towards them with on claw readied to attack. But their reaction was too slow for the body to react and within seconds Airi was stabbed and pinned to the ground - creating a dent. Airi coughed some blood out due to the strong force. At first the pain didn't have any effect, but the moment Airi knew she was stabbed the pain just surge in causing her to scream out a bit. Ruri who finally manage to overcome the shock immediately kick the creature away and at the same time pull the claw away from Airi's flesh.

Without wasting any second, Ruri charged and jumped on top of the creature. Only then she noticed the cat like ears wiggling on the creature's head. She commented, "Monstrous body with cute ears? Not a good match!!" In a flash, using her elongated sharp nails, she cut off both the ears and with that, the creature faded into ash. Feeling worried about her friend, Ruri didn't even tried to feel the achievement, instead she ran towards her friend's side and shouted towards some of the shocked students to call for the nurse. Ruri isnt that stupid to let the student to remember the creature and her actions by erase their memories and also to call the ambulance and let their cover blown. A smart thinking of Hikaru to let Yuka to be the school nurse. Carefully, Ruri tried to prevent further outflow of blood by applying pressure. Ruri then cussed out after wondering how did the Hunters managed to find out Airi's weakness. They made sure that how did Airi died in the first place was thoroughly hidden and disclosed.

--------

Finally, after a few 'arrangements' with the admin, they carried carefully to her dorm. Hikaru, Yuya and Ryosuke managed to enter her room through the window. Kuri and Riyu were there as well feeling worried about their friend. Yuka was checking here and there and whispered a few words to Hikaru. Without further ado, he immediately slashed his wrist and let the oozed blood get transferred it into Airi's mouth.

It didn't take long that Hikaru finished his job. He never expected a sudden attack from the enemy. He gave a good look to Keito and Keito returned the look.

"I just finish giving her my blood. Try to get further away from her and don't touch her in any way. That is one of the process she must go over," Hikaru wiped off some blood from his mouth and then exited through the window, every one in the room understood and took a few steps back. Riyu on the other hand was sitting down against the wall, trying to regain her breathing. At that exact moment, a sudden jolt came into Airi.

She started screaming here and there while gripping against the sheets of the bed. She kept shouting and gasping for air while sweating profusely, everyone in the room got silent. Though they had seen these situations a couple of times, they couldn't bear the suffering of their friend. They experience death almost 3 times. 1st was before the got turn into Vampires. 2nd when they got attacked and at death's gate and 3rd when the Pure-Blood's blood is ingested into their whole body system.

Finally, after a whole 15 seconds that feels like it lasted for 1 minute, Airi's screaming ended and her breathing returned to normal. Immediately, Kuri gave Yuka a wet towel to wipe off the sweat. Ruri on the other hand, tried to adjust Airi's position to a proper manner. Yuya, Keito and Ryosuke were there just looking and finally decided on one thing, " We will take shifts. You girls can do whatever you want or decide who would be taking care of her while she is unconscious where one of us males, would be observing as a security from afar, just in case anyone else strikes her again... So tonight, Ryosuke would be in charge, tomorrow morning would be Keito and afternoon and evening would be me," Yuya said with a confident tone.

"I will be taking care of her tonight… You must be tired from tending the wounds right? And Ruri should take some rest as well, today's event might be tiresome," Kuri volunteered and the girls just nod. There, they realised the disappearance of Riyu.

Keito then said, "Don't worry, I saw her leaving just now after giving a few pats at Airi's head,"

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

[hitsugaya0911-22/06/13]

A short update.... [Still on HIATUS! Just had the right timing to post~ So i did... Well For this fic only though haha.]
I wanted to do a Inoo-biased chapter since it's his birthday today...
HAPPY 23RD BIRTHDAY INOO!!!! MAY YOU HAVE MORE ROLES THIS YEAR AND OF COURSE MORE SINGING! Hahaha
But then... I had started the chapter halfway loong before this so .... yeah... laziness kicks in. haha
Hope this chapter is okay...
Comments are appreciated! X3
[STILL ON HIATUS!]

Note: I've changed a bit because it looks oddly... :P