Chapter 4

Suho - EXO Drabble 1/12

Two cookies and a quarter of a strawberry shake later, you and Suho walked around watching others play games. Dunk the clown here, ring toss there, all of it loud and busy. You absentmindedly linked your arm through Suho’s, staying close to his side for warmth. The wind had picked up and dressed only in your rosy, oversized sweater, dark leggings and a scarf, you needed all the warmth you could get.

Just as Suho casually moved to place a protective arm over your shoulder, an old man sporting a paint smeared apron walked up to the both of you holding darts in his hands. “Would you care to play a paint balloon and dart game? Three dollars for five darts, six dollars for ten! Wonderful, wonderful prizes for the beautiful lady here, eh?”

At this, the old man pointed to the array of stuffed animals that hung from the overhang of his tent. Stuffed animals of all shapes and sizes were gently swaying in the wind. A yellow ducky, three or four different pandas, a Bambi-looking deer, a few dogs and a white teddy bear were in your line of vision.

A huge white teddy bear.

‘Oh my gosh.’

You completely zoned out, focused on that giant piece of fluff. It was so cute! Its eyes were small and dark but at the same time bright and shiny. It had an oval shaped charcoal nose and a red bandana tied around its fat neck. That thing was almost as big as you! Ah, it was flawless and snuggable and waaahh! - You wanted it really bad!

Suho noticed you drooling over the big bear with your own shining eyes. He dug in his pocket for some cash and pressed three dollars into the old man’s hand. “Good, good! Very good! Come, come, wear this,” the old man gave Suho an apron similar to his own. “And here you are,” he gave Suho five darts. “Pop at least five balloons; pick a prize of your choice. Pop three to four, and you can pick from the medium or the small section. Pop zero to two, you can pick from the small prizes here. Good luck!”

You left the bear realizing that Suho was going to play the game. You came up behind him, giving him a quick squeeze for support. “Suho, fighting!” You smiled prettily at him and caught a glimpse of the blush that tainted his cheeks. Fearing his voice would fail him, he gave you a slight nod as a reply. Your small arms squeezed around his body once more before you stepped back.

Suho took his stance and threw the first dart.

Pop!

Blue paint splattered over the full mounds that still contained liquid. You cheered for Suho on his first success.

He picked up the next dart and swiftly shot it.

Pop!

Pink paint blotted the board. Suho quickly threw two more.

Pop! Pop!

First red, then yellow paint lazily oozed out of their restraints. Only one dart left. You were cheering loudly, your face almost red, and a small crowd gathered at the commotion.  Suho aimed at the board, took a breath, and then-

Pop!

As white paint mixed onto the canvas, the old man blared a horn into the cold night. “We have a winner!” Suho tore off the apron and turned around just in time to catch you as you bounded into his arms for a hug. He closed his eyes momentarily, enjoying the feel of your body.

“Pick your prize, any prize!”  Suho released you to point at the monster of a teddy bear you were fawning over. “Here you are my good man,”

“Thank you.” Suho bowed a little and took the white mass into his hands only to turn and place it into yours. You were overwhelmed by the stuffed animal, but you didn’t mind. You squealed, jumped up and down and thanked Suho a hundred times over for it.

The old man from the tent laughed a little and wagged a finger at Suho saying, “You take good care of her, you hear? You look really good together.” He turned away and waved. “Have a good one, kids!”

You and Suho simply stared off into space.

‘Did he just call us a couple?’

 The air was silent between you two. You were at a loss for words, and so was he. You tried to hide your red face with your new teddy.

Suho ran a hand through his hair, not sure of what to say. He started to laugh at how silly this was.

He called your name in between chuckles, but you didn’t dare show him your face. “Why don’t we get some cotton candy?” he said in a light tone, obviously trying to make the situation less awkward.

You shook your head “yes” and began to walk with him, eyes glued to the filthy pavement. You gently took the sleeve of his shirt and gave a tug, effectively stopping him.

“Hm? What’s wrong?”

You tilted your face up, flashing him your best puppy dog eyes, “Can I pay?”

He cocked his head and looked at you sideways, “No.”

“Ugh!” You groaned, faking your anger enough to get him to laugh. Thankfully, the atmosphere relaxed and the both of you were back to your usual selves.

You and Suho: perfectly at ease, perfectly normal.

For now...


Author's Note:

Hey y'all! I hope you like how this is going so far ^^ Personally, I love all these fluffy moments. Feel free to leave comments and opinions in the "Comments" section. Here's a picture of how I imagined your new teddy bear, haha~

Cute, isn't he? :)

- LovingHopelessly