Chapter 1

Suho - EXO Drabble 1/12

“Are you absolutely sure about this?” you asked Suho for about the hundredth time, your eyes full of uncertainty. Today the two of you decided to go together to the state fair. You wanted to start off easy, enjoying the baby rides first; the teacups, the bumper cars, the huge carousel, and then head on to the real thrill rides. It had been going great so far, much like it always did. Every moment you were with Suho was full of fun and jokes and absolute perfection.

Now, you were currently waiting in line for the most thrilling ride in the entire park: The Slingshot. This ride had been on your “to-do” list ever since your first time at the fair when you were just a little girl. Now that you were of age, and of height, nothing was stopping you from getting on.

Except Suho that is…

He had a horrible fear of heights and the fact that this ride would be shooting both of you straight up several feet into the sky with nothing but a few straps holding you down had you more worried for Suho than for the ride itself.

A warm hand gently squeezed your shoulder. “Yes, I am. I wouldn’t be in line with you if I wasn’t.” Suho turned you around so you faced away from him while he stood behind you, both hands on your shoulders. “Just relax.” He patted your long hair softly, chuckling to himself.

He wasn’t going to admit to you that he was a nervous wreck or that he was having second thoughts.  He wasn’t going to tell you about the butterflies he always had in his stomach when he was with you and how they were painfully gnawing away at him.

But most importantly, he was definitely not going to let you ride this thing alone.

No matter how afraid he was of heights, he was not going to leave your side. He knew that you had no fear whatsoever. Hell, you were braver than him in a lot of things. But if anything were to happen to you here on that stupid ride, he wouldn’t be able to live with himself. Besides, there was no way in hell he going to let you ride with some random stranger.

So here he was, shaking like a wet dog, second in line now. You turned around faced him again, tugging on his hand. “Suho, let’s go.”

What? Are you kidding me? This is all you’ve talked about all week.”

You swallowed lightly and looked up at him. “I don’t think this is a good idea. Maybe we should ride something else.” Your eyes scanned over the top of his head searching for a plan B. Suho laced his fingers with yours and gently pushed you backwards. You guys were next in line. “I-I don’t want you to be uncomfortable.” You tugged on his hand a little harder. “Let’s go.”

“You’ve wanted this forever!" he protested. " Don’t let me get in your way. Like I said,” Suho brought your intertwined hands against his solid chest. “I will be perfectly fine.”

“You promise?”

Suho sighed, admiring your beauty and just loving the way you worried about him. He pulled you in for a reassuring hug.

“I promise.”