It Starts

Dark Lake Academy

Chapter 82

“ this,” Jaesun scowled, rushing through the halls of his gang’s base, “ everything. everyone.”

The illegal supernatural gang member’s life had just gone to hell.

Like, serious hell.

The young nymph honestly had no idea what was going on. All he knew was that he could hear explosions going off all over the base. He could smell lots of smoke, too. Thankfully he couldn’t smell anything, indicating that the fire wasn’t near him at that time.

“Small mercies,” he sighed, turning left and praying that the path was clear.

Jaesun knew that he had to get out, had to get away. Things were bad, very bad, here and there was no way he was going to stay where there was danger. He liked being alive too much for that.

Mentally, he started listing off all the places that he could go. Unfortunately, the more places he thought of, the more places he realized weren’t safe anymore.

He’d known for the past few weeks that there was something wrong going on among the gangs. His leader had confessed that he’d noticed it as well when confronted. But for the life of them they didn’t know what was going on. All they did know was that a couple of gangs they were friendly with were getting the same feeling.

Something big was happening, that much was for sure.

Jaesun suddenly ducked behind a corner, peeking around it to see one of s getting thrown into a wall by someone. Probably one of the guys carrying out the raid. Carefully, he studied the guy, taking note of anything and everything that could be used to identify him later.

The person wasn’t ISBIP, that much was clear thanks to the lack of uniform or badge that all agents were supposed to wear during raids on gangs. No, this person was defiantly not an agent, but he also didn’t seem to be from another gang. Gang members all had a look about them, one that told you what they were. This guy didn’t have that look.

So then, who the hell was this guy? And who was he affiliated with?

Jaesun watched, eyes narrowed as the guy killed the gang member before him before running off. He looked down at his fallen member and winced at the bloody body. He’d seen a lot of violence thanks to growing up within a gang but this was something else.

This was something horrible.

Taking a deep breath, Jaesun left his hiding place and ran down the hall, praying that he could get away.

He only knew of one place that he could go.

Only once place that he knew would be safe for now.

Well, he hoped that it was safe. For all he knew, this chaos has reached past the illegal gang world and was terrorizing others.

He hoped and prayed not.

He hoped that this safe place would be alright, even if only for a short time.

But first he had to get there.

Then, he had to hope that he wouldn’t be tossed out as soon as he got there.

A/N: alright, so couple things. First, we all know where Jaesun is going, right? Secondly, omg what is happening to the illegal games?!?!