Early Morning Visits

Dark Lake Academy

“Wonsik is a dreamscaper,” is not how Leo expected to be greeted when he opened the door. He also didn’t expect to see Sori standing on the other side of the door, looking slightly amused. He had no idea why she would look amused, though. Did his ‘just woken up’ state look funny to her? Or did it have something to do with how she knows Ravi is a dreamscaper?

“And how did you find this out?” Kris called, stretching as he exited the bathroom, “did he dreamscape with you or something?”

“Yes,” Sori nodded, entering the room when Leo moved to the side enough for her to slip past him, “he didn’t do it on purpose, but he created a field and pulled me into it with him.”

Kris was clearly trying not to laugh, but his effort failed. N didn’t even bother trying not to laugh as he fell off the couch laughing. Luhan just rolled his eyes before returning his attention to the morning news playing on the TV.

“Just how did that happen?” Kris finally managed to calm himself down enough to speak, “I mean, there are lots of girls his age who are, ya know, less you. Why would he pull you into a dreamscaping event and not one of them?”

“I’ll pretend that isn’t insulting,” Sori said, smacking the dragon’s arm as she walked by him before she sat down beside Luhan, “and I suspect it was because his subconscious figured I would be able to help him.”

“I don’t think that you’ll be of much help now,” N smiled, “Ravi is probably too embarrassed to go near you now.”

“Which is why I came here,” she turned to face N, “I don’t know if he’ll tell anyone about his first dreamscaping experience. I don’t know if he even knows that’s what it was. Like you said, he’ll be too embarrassed to go near me to ask about it, so I need you to inform him of this new gift.”

“And tell him to go to Minji,” Luhan suggested, “she’s a dreamscaper, too.”

“Sounds easy enough,” N nodded, “but how do you know it was a dreamscape?”

“You mean besides the fact that Sori doesn’t dream about guys?” Kris scoffed lightly, “well, not teenage guys anyway.”

“Shut up,” Sori’s eyes narrowed and Leo thought she started to sparkle a little before Luhan grabbed her hand, manipulating her emotions so she’d calm down.

Leo didn’t get why Kris’ joke would offend her so much. So she was into older guys? So what? But something about her reaction lead him to believe that there was something more to the story. A lot more.

It always seemed like no matter how much he learned, there were still hundreds of things he didn’t know anything about.

“Sorry,” Kris frowned, looking very ashamed of himself, “it just slipped out.”

“Doesn’t matter,” Sori stood, getting ready to leave, “N, Leo. Just make sure that you tell Wonsik about his new gift and that he should talk to Minji for advice.”

“See you in class,” Luhan called before she slammed the door behind her.

“I messed up,” Kris sighed just as Luhan turned to face him, “I, of all people, should know better. I’ll apologize again later. And again after that if Yuri is still detecting ‘I wanna rip you apart’ thoughts.”

“I don’t get why she got so mad,” N said, trying to be subtle about his attempt to fish for information, “she looked like she was going to kill you, Kris.”

“Nice try,” the dragon laughed, “but I’ve already pissed Sori off enough today with my lose lips. I’m not going to incur more of her wraith by saying anything else.”

“It’s parent’s day tomorrow,” Luhan said, pulling attention away from Sori’s outburst, “has Minji asked you guys to do anything to help out?”

“I’m supposed to be keeping an eye on Sori’s visitors,” Kris shrugged, “but Minji didn’t ask me to do that, the ISBIP ordered me to provide security for them.”

“She told me to stay here,” N frowned, “but Leo and the others can do whatever they want.”

“It’s probably because you’re aura still hasn’t appeared,” Kris told him, “Consider yourself lucky. These things never end well.”

“Yeah,” Luhan nodded, “last time Heesun got into a fight with her dad in one of the back fields. He stormed out of here, cursing everything in the world, and Heesun ended up in the medical building with a busted wrist.”

“It would have been worse if it was night with a full moon,” Kris added, “a couple of werewolves fighting is bad enough without the fangs.”

“The time before that was Sehun,” Luhan recalled, “he snapped at his parents for avoiding why he was here. Said that if they thought he was a freak, than they should just come out and say it.”

“That one got a lot of looks,” Kris frowned, “thankfully Sehun got himself out of there before he could say anything we’d all regret.”

“I suggest staying clear completely,” the fae and dragon summarized, “stay in your dorms, stay clear of the drama.”

“Noted,” Leo nodded. It wasn’t like he had much interest in showing up anyway. It wasn’t like he was going to get any visitors.

“We’re going to be late for class,” Kris cursed after looking at the time, “get dressed and run. We’ll have to skip breakfast.”

“Crap,” N frowned, a feeling that Kris clearly shared if the scowl on his face was anything to go by.

--

“They aren’t telling us things again,” N complained during the break between second and third period, “I hate when they do that. It’s like they’re handling us with kid gloves.”

“Kid gloves?” Leo asked, raising an eyebrow.

“I mean that they’re treating us like kids,” N explained, “They didn’t explain what Kris meant. About the Sori dreaming of guys thing. They just shut that topic down and told us not to ask.”

“Maybe they shut it down because it’s personal,” Leo shrugged, “there are things I don’t tell you. And Hyuk kept us all in the dark about being a werewolf.”

“Hyuk was scared we weren’t going to accept him,” N replied, “Which was stupid because he’s our adorable baby brother. Who wouldn’t love him? And you’re a bad example because you aren’t big on sharing your thoughts and feelings with people.”

“And Sori strikes you as someone who’s into sharing?” Leo raised his eyebrow again, daring N to disagree.

“Well, no,” N frowned, “but I want to know what’s going on with her.”

Leo was about to ask what N meant when he noticed one of their classmates starting to doze off.

As his teacher had explained, the dream of others pulled nightmares like himself in. This meant that if anyone within a certain mile radius fell asleep, Leo got pulled into their dream right along with them. At current, his teacher was teaching him and the other nightmares at school how to avoid being pulled into other people’s dreams but Leo hadn’t managed to succeed yet.

“Leo?” N asked, growing worried as he saw his friend struggling to stay awake, “what’s wrong?”

“He’s being pulled into a dream,” Hyuna answered, dropping down into her seat in front of Leo, “don’t worry about it, he’ll either go to sleep until that fae over there wakes up or he’ll manage to pull himself out of dream land.”

“He mentioned he’d been learning how to do that,” N said. He’d probably said more, but by that point Leo had fallen asleep.

Walking about the sleeping student’s dream, Leo found himself wondering – not for the first time – why he was given this gift. Of all the powers he could have, why did he have to be able to enter people’s dream? He hated walking through the dreams of other people. Well, he did now that he was aware that he was doing it.

It was like he was entering their privet thoughts and he was not ok with invading their minds like that. Looking back on some of the dreams he’d entered before finding out what he was, he felt like he’d done something very wrong by entering Hyuk’s nightmares pre-Dark Lake. At the time, he didn’t know it was Hyuk’s dreams, but now he did and it explained a lot.

At current, the fae who’s dreams he’d entered was having a very, er, interesting dream about Hyuna. Leo made a mental note to inform the fae girl that she should avoid this student like the plague before focusing his attention on trying to wake up before the dream got any more awkward for him.

A/N: wonder if Ravi will ever be able to face Sori again. And poor Leo. You never actually think about all the awkward that can happen from entering other people’s dreams until it happens lolz. But in all seriousness, I do apologize to Leo for making something like that happen to his fictional self