Prelude 4

School for the Performing Arts
Please log in to read the full chapter

See below for following characters' art major as well as an explanation for an SGA Off-Branch Member.

"This is abuse! Abuse I say!" hissed Jinwoon as he glared at Joonmyeon, though only when the latter wasn't looking.

"Shut up and help us!" Minhyuk growled, struggling to lift the ginormous chocolate fountain. "God, why is this thing so heavy?"

"Just use whatever your puny arms can muster and LIFT!" snarled an enraged Kibum from beside the drum player. He looked absolutely livid as he strained his arm muscles to carry the fountain. Sweat was dripping down from his forehead, completely soaking up his T-shirt.

"This is all your fault!" snapped back Minhyuk as he glowered at the elder.

"Why the hell is this my fault! The art majors were supposed to be in charge of decorations!"

"The tech majors were supposed to help too!"

"I don't see you band majors lifting a finger," seethed Kibum. His eyes were literally smoldering as he glared daggers towards the younger.

"Guys, break it up," Jonghyun frowned but quickly cowered away when both teenagers whipped their heads in his direction to give him a death glare.

"Uhh, can we move. My arms are kinda killing me here."

"SHUT UP MYUNGSOO."

"WHY ARE ALL OF YOU SO MEAN TO ME?!"

Yixing sighed as he watched the members of SGA fighting amongst each other. He cringed when they almost drop the chocolate fountain before heaving another sigh as the bickering resumed.

"GODDAMIT. WHY CAN'T ANY OF YOU DO ANYTHING RIGHT?"

"YOU WERE THE ONE THAT LET GO OF IT, ."

"WHO ARE YOU CALLING AN , DICKFACE."

"WHY YOU-"

"WHY CAN'T THE LOT OF YOU SHUT THE UP AND WORK TOGETHER!" Hyoyeon screamed from the other side of the Expo Hall.

"WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING? YOU'RE JUST DECORATING THE DAMN WALLS!"

"YEAH! WHY DON'T YOU TRY AND CARRY THIS?"

"YOU BASTARDS COME OVER HERE AND TRY BLOWING THESE ING BALLONS FOR HALF AN HOUR!" roared Minyoung from behind Hyoyeon.

By now, all the girls have gotten up from hanging streamers, blowing ballons, or decorating the walls with handmade decorations from the Art Department and advanced towards the boys like a pack of female lions, ready to attack any moment. The males glared defiantly towards them and soon enough the Hall became a war zone.

Another sigh left Yixing's lips. Joonmyeon had called all SGA members, even the off-branch members, to immediately come to the Expo Hall after Luhan and Minseok came running into the SGA Office. He even texted an "S.O.S" just to make sure.  Alarmed, the members came rushing to school thinking there was some kind of terrible accident,only to face a smiling devil in disguise.

Joonmyeon had stood in front of the main entrance to the Hall, lips lifted in a happy smile. Kyungsoo, Yixing, Luhan, and Minseok were behind him, all with nervous expressions on their faces. "You have 45 minutes to decorate the Expo Hall," he beamed at gathered SGA members.

"You're kidding me, right Prez?" Jinwoon had asked. He could feel the hairs on the back of his neck stand up the longer he looked at the smiling President.

Hyungsik nodded his head. "The Expo Hall is bigger than the size of a normal high school gym and you're telling us that we need to decorate it within less than an hour?"

"That's not possible hyung!"

"Yeah! Some of us need to change and go backstage!"

One look from the Joonmyeon had silenced all of their complaints before they begrudgingly got to work.

That was half an hour ago and all the decorations had yet to be set up. 'At this rate' Yixing noted, 'we're going to have a crime scene rather than a celebration.' Shaking his head, he turned to face Joonmyeon. The latter looked suprisingly content with his lips quirked up in a pleasant grin despite the high tensions in the room. His hands were crossed over his chest as he leaned against a pole to observe his quarreling members.

"Are you going to do anything to stop them?"

"Nope," replied the President cheerfully.

"Are you going to help them?"

"Nope."

"...are you just going to stand here and watch them suffer like a sadistic bastard?"

Joonmyeon turned his head to look at Yixing, his charming smile turning into a smirk.

"Yep."

 

 

", , , ," Chanyeol mumbled to himself as he rifled through his bag one last time. He groaned in frustration before discreetly creeping towards the stairs backstage that lead to the Expo Hall. He managed to hide behind the bass drum as Mr. Park turned around and sighed in relief. Resuming his tip-toeing, the drummer almost made it to the doorway when a voice spoke out of no where.

"Where do you think you're going?"

Chanyeol barely managed to suppress a scream, his heart thrumming against his chest. He whirled around in panic to find Minhyuk raising an eyebrow at him and silently thanked God that it wasn't Minhwan who found him. Glancing around backstage, he whispered, "I think I left Sandara in the Orchestra room and-"

"YOU LEFT YOUR DRUM STICKS IN THE ORCHESTRA ROOM?!" The older drummer nearly shrieked. The taller drummer temporarily clapped his hand over the other's mouth to keep him quiet and nodded his head. "You idiot! How the hell do you leave your drum sticks behind?!" Minhyuk's voice muffled since the younger refused to remove his hands. Slapping it away, Minhyuk glared at Chanyeol. "Why the hell were you in the Orchestra room in the first place?" He didn't give the younger time to answer however as his anger turned into concern and panic. He dragged the younger up the stair case and into the hallway that eventually lead toward the Hall, which luckily has a doorway to Stringyding Land (as nicknamed by the band majors). His eyes darted around before he spoke again. "You better find them quickly then. I don't know if they're still in there though." He looked at Chanyeol worriedly before making a shoo-ing motion. "Go! There's only 15 minutes left until the performances start!"

Chanyeol didn't need to be told twice. Fearing Mr. Park's wrath, he dashed down the hallway and pushed open the first set of doors. Rounding around the corner, he reached the second set of doors and paused. Slowly opening one of them, he peeked around to make sure no one noticed him and quietly slipped passed the tiny opening.

Once inside, the drummer took a moment to admire the room. He had to hand it to the SGA members; they did a pretty good job with the decorations. Since the theme for this year's Gala is "To Touch t

Please log in to read the full chapter