Prelude 2

School for the Performing Arts
Please log in to read the full chapter

"KIM JONGDAE!"

The said sophomore barely managed to turn around when he was pulled into a ginormous hug, blocking the air from his lungs.

"Ch-Ch-Chan-Chanyeol. Air," he scarcely managed to say.

"," the tall teenager immediately let go of his friend upon seeing his face turning a bright red. "Oh my god, Jongdae are you ok? Oh my god, oh my god." The oboe player was bent over, heaving in air as the panicked percussionist kept on apologizing. "I'm so sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry Jon-"

"Chanyeol," Jongdae said slowly, still trying to get his breathing normal.

"JONGDAE YOU'RE ALIVE!" the taller friend cried in happiness only to be silenced by the piercing gaze the shorter male sent him. "Uhh...." the teenager took a step backwards knowing that look in the oboe-ist's eyes. "I gotta go...uhh...help Minhyuk set up the drum sets. Yeah, we gotta move the....dr...." he trailed off and gulped seeing the predatory look in his fellow band major.

"You tall piece of !!" screeched an outraged Jongdae. He managed to swiftly wrap an arm around Chanyeol's neck in a headlock (with the help of a chair) and was now beating the taller. "Do you know how ing important I am?! What the hell are you going to do when I can't ing play oboe anymore?! I practiced all summer just for the damn All-State auditions!! And if you-"

"Uhh, Jongdae..."

"Now you have the ing nerve to interrupt me!"

"Jongdae!" Chanyeol hissed urgently.

"WHAT?!"

The pissed off oboe player looked in the direction the taller nudged in and immediately let go of Chanyeol. He paled considerably upon seeing both band directors as well as the orchestra director standing before them with looks of disapproval. Quickly glancing around the room, the teenager could see everyone had directed their focus on him; the older students were silently laughing while the newer ones had horrified looks on their faces.

Jungsoo raised an eyebrow at the two. "Do I even want to know why you're standing on a chair to strangle Chanyeol?"

Jongdae opened his mouth to answer but thought twice about it. Flushing, he shook his head in embarrassment. Beside him stood the six foot tall drummer with a sheepish smile. It wasn't the first time they had gotten in trouble. In fact, the duo had acted out of line so many times that Jungsoo had stopped counting by the second week of school of their freshmen year......which, incidentally, was Jongdae's first year at SOPA. (The high school band director didn't even want to ask how many times Chanyeol was kicked out of the band room by Kyuhyun  was told to reflect on his misconduct in sixth grade alone).

The eldest of the intrumental directors eyed them warily. He glanced down at his watch and let out an exasperated sigh. "Band camp hasn't even started yet and you two have already..." another sigh left his mouth as he pinched the bridge of his nose. "I really don't feel like dealing with you brats on the first day back. Just go to your seats and set up. Do whatever it is you have to do but I swear to God if you make another scene..." He paused to give them THE death glare; dubbed by the band majors as "The ChanChen Glare", it was the specific glare that Jungsoo gave only to Jongdae and Chanyeol to let them know he was a breath away from killing them.

"Yes sir."

The pair of friends hastily left the Expo Hall to get breakfast, leaving Jungsoo alone with Kyuhyun and Heechul.

"It's always those two," Jungsoo muttered. He could feel a migrain coming and there was still another half hour until camp started. The youngest patted the elder's shoulder in empathy. "I feel you hyung. I feel you."

Heechul snorted. "Those two are nothing. You should see Joonmyeon when Yixing's got him all riled up."

 

 

 

 

"Aish," Yixing huffed in frustration, struggling to put on his sneakers. Giving up, he dashed outside with a piece of toast in his mouth. Seconds later however, he rushed back in (after hitting his head on the door because he forgot to open it) to grab his car keys. He stepped outside for a second time before remembering he also forgot his violin.

"You would think that you'd remember to bring your instrument to orchestra camp," he muttered to himself.

Yixing had woken up late that day. Like always. He swore he set his alarm to 8 o'clock though. He swore on behalf of his love for unicorns. He also swore to his parents that he would never take the car out for a drive after "accidently" ramming into the garage door a few months ago but desperate times calls for desperate measures. He was late to camp and Joonmyeon was going to have his head.

"C'mon. Don't fail me now," mumbled the violinist as shoved the keys

Please log in to read the full chapter