Prelude 3

School for the Performing Arts
Please log in to read the full chapter

Luhan was in the middle of buying coffee for Minseok and himself when Jongin called. "Hello?" He pressed a shoulder to his ear with his phone wedged in between. Mouthing the words "thank you" to the barista who handed him the drinks, the senior made his way out of Starbucks.

"Hyung!" the younger dancer sounded out of breath. "When's call time?"

"6 o'clock." The brunette pushed the door in front of him walked to Minseok's car. "Why?"

", , ! ! Ow! !"

He frowned at the freshmen's string of curses. It deepened when he heard a loud crash and more rapid cursing from the tan teenager. As he approached Lin, the name Minseok had given to his car, the dancer noticed the drama major's questioning gaze. He flashed a smile in response and gestured for him to help with the drinks.

On the other line, Jongin was still cursing like a sailor. "Great, ing great..."

"Are you ok?" Luhan worriedly asked as he got into the car. He reached for the seatbelt while Minseok placed the drinks on the taller male's lap.

"No!" cried the freshmen. "I'm late! I'm late! It's 6:15 and my house is half an hour away from school! I'm going to-"

"Uh, Jongin..."

"-miss the opening act! Why did we have to be up first? Why did-"

"Jongin, it's only," Luhan glanced at the time, "5:06. Well 5:07 now, but you still have like an hour until call time."

A blanket of silence settled over the conversation as Minseok started the car. The senior dance major sipped his Double Chocolate Chip Frappuccino while he waited for an answer or noise of some kind from his fellow dancer. Placing his drink next to Minseok's Iced Americano, he checked to see if he was still connected to Jongin. Upon seeing that he was, Luhan was about to ask if younger was still there when the latter started yelling.

"WHAT THE HELL?! THAT BRAT!" Jongin was now speaking faster than what Luhan could understand, only managing to catch the words "Oh Sehun", "bastard", "everything's wrong", and "burn dead body". He was then abruptly hung up on. Staring at his phone, he awkwardly reached for his drink and took a long sip.

"Ok then..."

Minseok glanced at his friend from his peripheral vision. "What was that about?"

The Chinese teenager shrugged his shoulders. "Jongin's going to kill Sehun and burn his dead body."

"Um...."

"I think Sehun changed the time in Jongin's house."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Hey Minseok. Didn't Joonmyeon want SGA members to be at school by 4:30?"

"..."

"..."

 "Dammit Luhan, why didn't you tell me this earlier?!"

 

 

Yifan was only gone for 3 minutes to get streamers from the tech shop when he came back to find most of the SGA Executive members hiding behind the ladder he had used earlier.

"What the hell are you guys doing?" he questioned, mentally snickering at their startled reaction.

"Don't do that!" hissed Myungsoo as he clutched his chest.

"No seriously. What the hell are you all doing hiding behind a ladder?"

"Joonmyeon's acting weird," Hyojung replied with a frown. "Like, really weird."

Hyuna nodded her head vehemently in agreement. "I think he's gone cuckoo."

The tall art major raised an eyebrow. "Explain 'weird'."

"He's.....how do I say this," Myungsoo paused to come up with the right word, "happy."

"And that's weird because....?"

Before he could get an answer, the doors to the Expo Hall opened, blowing away most of the Gala decorations Yifan had yet to set up. Cursing, he shot a glare towards Minseok and Luhan. "Do you two mind?"

The drama major rolled his eyes before retorting, "Not really."

"Why couldn't you have gone the other way?"

"We were running away from Joonmyeon," Luhan said wide-eyed. "There's something wrong with him."

Yifan threw his hands up in the air. "Why does everyone keep on saying that?!"

"No, you don't understand! There's something seriously wrong with him!" Luhan looked horrified as he started recounting his story.

"Dammit Luhan, why didn't you tell me this earlier?!" Minseok managed to shoot Luhan a glare as he stepped on the acceleration.

"It's your fault you didn't remember!" The dancer nervously clutched his seatbelt as his friend sped through a red light. "Uhh Minseok...I think you should slow down." He gulped and kept silent when the elder shot him another deadly look.

"I'm dead, I'm dead, I'm dead," the senior drama major muttered under his breath. Everyone knew Joonmyeon's pet peeve is punctuailty. If someone isn't there by the designated time, the junior will not be merciful. Minseok recalled that one time Sehun was one second late for a club meeting and got kicked out of the room by the orchestra major. To say it was an unpleasant experience hearing Sehun's wails drowning out Joonmyeon's lecture was an understatement. And that one time Jongdae was 30 minutes late for call time. The junior had been unusually irritable that day and actually asked Deputy Choi to detain the poor oboe-ist. The band major had missed his first ever solo performance.

Minseok grimaced at the memories. With the thoughts lingering in his mind, the senior managed to reach the school in a record of 4 minutes. He swiftly grabbed his undrunken Iced Americano from the cup holder and opened the backseat to grab his suit.

"Minseok...."

"What now Luhan?"

"Why are you bringing the Americano?"

"A peace offering."

"But Joonmyeon doesn't drink Americano."

"Luhan?"

"Yea?"

"Shut up."

The dancer huffed, offended by his friend's atttude. He stuck his tongue out at him which prompted the elder to roll his eyes. Seeing that the current time was now 5:15, they picked up their pace but only manage to take one step into the main entrance when they literally run into Joonmyeon. The cup of coffee in Minseok's hand crashed to the ground and spilled on the floor. The said owner of the coffee looked at his peace offering forlornly before he snapped his attention back to the male in front of him.

He gulped. "Joonmyeon, I-"

"Oh, Minseok hyung!" the said teen was momentarily blinded by the 10,000 megawatt smile his junior sent him. And were those ing flowers around his head? Minseok rubbed his eyes to make sure he was seeing thigs correctly. "Oh, and Luhan hyung too!"

Deeply disturbed that Joonmyeon hadn't even glanced at the mess he just made nor commented on his tardiness, the drama major glimpsed at his best friend and could see Luhan's reaction mirrored his own.

"Um, I-"

Please log in to read the full chapter