Get Ready

Dance Sarang

Mark's POV:

"Mr. Moves," I began. "I was wondering if you would allow the trainers and trainees one week of no training." 

If he refused, I would have to give him evidence and persuade him how it's a good idea to do it. If he approved, then I can be happy. The first part of my plan would be complete. Please approve Mr. Moves!

"I don't know Mark," he said hesitantly. "There's three months left of training and everyone has to work as hard as ever until the competition comes. Everyone is always so busy because there's something they're trying to accomplish. Whether it's choreography or something else, everyone's trying to get it done."

I knew he would say something like that. That's why I've come prepared. 

"But Mr. Moves sir," I said. "Have you seen everyone lately? Everyone always goes home after training, looking as tired and worn out as ever. It wouldn't hurt to give them a week of resting up. Their energy had been pretty much drained the past month or so. They could use a break."

I really hoped that got to him. I really hoped he was on board with it. He had a heart too. I know he did.

I watched his face as he processed what I just told him. Then his face turned confused.

"Just out of curiosity Mark," he said. "But why are you asking instead of a trainee? Is there a reason why you want this so badly, which I think you do want so badly. Am I correct?"

I thought about it. I honestly did want this so badly. For my sake. Everyone's sake. And most importantly, for Rhyth's sake.

"Yes I do want this so badly," I honestly said. "It's just that I've seen my trainee go home so tired the past few months. I want her to be able to get some rest. She's been thinking about nothing but training. She could use the break. Everyone needs it too, from what I've seen."

"Are you sure it's not just for a certain amount of people?" he said. He was smiling at me. What?

"You want time for just you and Rhyth huh? No training. Just you two. Am I right?" he asked.

Wow. So all this time, he knew about us? How does he know about us? So I could've just asked him if he could give a week off for the two of us? Aigoo...

"Yup, that's exactly what I wanted," I confessed. He smiled and chuckled to himself. "By the way, how did you know about us sir? Did Rhyth tell you?"

"Oh no, she didn't tell me a thing," he said. "I've seen you two at the end of training sometimes. You two are so cute together. Hey, don't forget to invite me to your wedding." He laughed.

"What?! Oh there won't be a wedding! I mean, I don't know for sure..." I said. He reached over and messed up my hair.

"I was just kidding Mark," he said. "Alright I'll allow it. In fact, I'll give the whole company a week off. I think I could use a week off too."

"Really?" I said. "Oh thank you so much for approving it. When?"

"Well, since training is done for the week... How about next week? Is that ok for you two young lovers?"

I gagged at that last part. But inside, I was feeling happy. Next week would be perfect. I said yes and thanked him so more before I left his office. He said he was gonna message everyone about it.

"Um sir, could you not message Rhyth please? I want to surprise her." I said.

"Of course." he said. He smiled at me.

Part one of my plan is now complete!

Rhyth's POV:

I was at home right now. Gosh I'm tired. Today was as intense and tiring as ever. It's my fault though. Mark had little to do with it. Mark tries his best to give me a lot of breaks, but I wouldn't allow it.

I do kinda feel bad for turning him down again today. He must feel really bad. I wish I can spend time with him, but I can't. I'll make it up to him someday. Maybe during a time when we're all done with the choreography we have for the competition. When there's nothing to finish.

I thought about how it would be if I was one of the winners of the competition. Will I have less time to hang out with Mark? I hope that didn't happen. If that happened, it could be the end of us. One of us wouldn't be able to handle it anymore. Not being able to hang out with each other. Then it could be over between us.

I shook the thought away from my mind. I started shaking my head and hitting my face. I can't let these thoughts get into my head. It would lead to more guilt stored up in my mind. But since I already started thinking about it, I decided to text Mark.

Rhyth: Hi

Mark: Hey

Rhyth: I'm sorry

Mark: For?

Rhyth: Not being able to hang out with you again.

Mark: It's ok. I know you're tired.

Rhyth: Really? You're not mad?

Mark: Oh I'm mad alright :P But I care about you too much to be really mad at you.

Rhyth: /blushes uncontrollably/

Mark: That's just one of my super powers.

Rhyth: What is?

Mark: Making girl blush uncontrollably. :P

Rhyth: Whatever :P

Mark: Get ready Rhyth...

Rhyth: Huh?

Mark: Nothing... Good night.

Rhyth: Good night.