Keep It Up

Dance Sarang

4 months have passed since I started training. I have never felt so alive in my entire life. I've worked really hard these past four months. I always came to training, motivated and ready as ever. 

Mark is teasing me a lot nowadays. He teases me that there's only one thing on my mind now. Dancing. He teases me that he's no longer inside my mind anymore.

"I no longer exist in your mind anymore. Dancing is what's been on your mind lately. I don't even remember the last kiss you gave me." Mark said.

I went up to him and kissed him on the lips.

"Now you remember. Today was the last day I kissed you. Ok?" I said. "Mark, dancing isn't the only thing on mind lately. I see you practically everyday. Of course your always on my mind. You take up a huge part of my mind."

"But not as much as dancing huh?" he asked. I shoved him.

"Give it up Mark!" I said.

Four months have passed. That means it's been about four months since Mark and I got together. Well, it's also four months since the day that we met. Well, when we met as trainer and trainee anyway.

Four months. Wow. Can Mark and I keep this up? Can we keep this up till the competition? What am I even saying? I mean, can we keep this up for even longer than that? I truly hope that we could do it.

There's nothing really that could get in the way. Well, maybe jealousy. But Mark knows how to control that. Plus I don't get jealous that easily. Sorta. Well, just that one time. But that's it. I've never been jealous after that time. I trust Mark.

Mark trusted me too. Despite him being jealous, it's not me he doesn't trust. It's the guy I'm with.

Parents? No, I don't think so. Mark's parents already know that we're dating. In fact, they're all for it. Mark and I were laughing one time when I was at his house.

"Mom, Dad?" Mark asked.

"Yes Mark." they replied.

"Rhyth's here. We're gonna go up to my room." Mark said.

"Ok, knock yourselves out." they said.

Mark and I find this really funny because they weren't like normal parents during that time. Normal parents would become highly suspicious and question what exactly we're gonna do in his room. 

"You're parents are cool." I told Mark that day.

"You call that cool?" he asked in between laughter.

"No I mean, they're cool because they trust you. And they trust me." I explained. "They don't think that we'll do anything weird."

"I guess so. Why, will they ever think that we'll do something weird?" Mark said. I threw a pillow at his face.

Mark and I are trustworthy. We're a trustworthy couple. Mark and I didn't do anything bad and improper in his room. All we did was talk and listen to music. Nothing weird.

Now that I think about it, Mark and I have never talked about those things before. I don't think I ever want to talk about those things with him. I'm not ready. I think he wasn't either. Plus we're still young. Wait, why am I even thinking about this?! Release this thought in your mind Rhyth!

Now. The day my parents met Mark. To be honest, it went really well. My parents loved him. Mark loved them. It went great.

~Flashback to that day~

Training was done for the day. Why did I wait until now to tell him about the dinner? Well, I really hoped he didn't have plans. I really hoped that he could make it. My parents would be expecting him.

"Hey Mark, my parents invited you to dinner at my house." I said. "They wanna meet you."

Mark was drinking water and apparently he spit it out after he heard what I just said. You know, like those spit takes you see on TV. 

"They wanna meet me? Like now?" he asked.

"Well, we don't have dinner till about 6:30, but technically yeah. Now." I said. Sorry Mark, I knew I should've told you earlier. We could've discussed this more.

"Ok, I can do this. I can meet your parents. But, tell me what they like. Like what they like in the guys that you date?" he said.

"Mark, you'll be fine. Just be yourself." I said. Be both laughed. Those were the exact words he said to me before I met his parents.

"Ok. But I really hope that they like me. I don't want to lose you because your parents don't approve of me." he said.

"It's ok Mark. If they don't approve of you, I'll do whatever it takes to be with you still. I'll even climb the highest mountain on earth just to be with you." I said. We both laughed at how sappy I just sounded.

Mark and I hung out for a while until it was almost time for dinner. Mark seemed totally relaxed now. He didn't seem nervous at all. Was he that confident? I looked at him weirdly as he was driving.

"What?" he asked.

"You seem totally chill now. You're not nervous at all?"

"Oh I'm nervous alright. Like really nervous." he said. "But I know how to control my nervousness because you're with me." I smiled. I didn't respond. I didn't have to say anything more. I knew what he meant. 

It's the same thing with me when it comes to training. I learned how to control my nervousness for the competition. I knew that Mark was always with me. He made me lose my nervousness. 

We got to my house. Mark got out of the car and open my door for me. We walked up to my front door. I took out my key to the front door. I took one last look at Mark.

"You ok?" I asked.

"Better than ok."