Chapter 6

Living with the Enemy

For the first three months everything went smoothly I was enjoying my life and having a happy time with Sehun. His incredulous brown eyes always made my heart sway it was as if it was just me and this man, two souls destined to be, us against the world. I know I sound hopelessly in love but that's what happens when you fall heads over heels for someone for the very first time. I never thought it'd happen to me and it did and I felt so lucky. Luhan and I got on well he was like the brother I've never had and I'm grateful for it because it gave me the chance to experience a life with a younger sibling. He was funny and amazing any girl would be lucky to have him just as I am lucky to have Sehun. And as for their parents they were never really around, always out and about on business trips and it never really bothered us because we always had the house or should I say mansion all to ourselves. I am so grateful for everything, I couldn't be any happier. 

Usually when Sehun has gone to work I ask the maids or butler if they need any help with anything and they'd wave me away saying that I'm being silly and I should be more concerned for Sehun. They make laugh they are generous so I don't bother them much however I get bored fast. I didn't continue with any studying, Sehun said there was no point because I have him, isn’t he the sweetest? And he says he can’t have me working otherwise it'll be bad publicity for him, that he can't do anything for me or specifically can't afford anything for me. So I nodded because I understood that pride is all a man has. Besides I had no worries I had him and that's all that matters.

When Luhan is not studying and at home I usually talk to him and if not watch a bit of television or listen to music I am so into BTS and TWICE right now they are amazing! But that still doesn't speed up time for when Sehun's not home I need a hobby. In fact I was thinking how I haven't seen my parents in a while, since I got married actually. I have rung them every other week but I'm starting to miss them, not seeing their faces. I think I'm going to ask him tonight when he comes home from work. So I had the perfect idea.

I went to the kitchen where a maid was cooking for tonight; I tapped her on the shoulder only to frighten her.
"Oh Rina! You scared the living daylights out of me" she cried and I chuckled slightly, "why did you sneak up on me?"
I smiled at her politely, "I'm sorry I didn’t mean to frighten you I just wanted to ask you something".

She stopped chopping and turned around to look at me, "yes?" she pried curiously.
What I was about to ask her might shock her because she’s usually in charge of everything in the kitchen, "would it be okay if I did the cooking today?" And I could tell she was about to protest but I quickly interjected, "it's for Sehun I want to make something special for him". I was hoping she understood I didn't want to explain any more but she was a grown lady surely she understood where I was coming from like she hasn’t wanted to make a man be swept off his feet by cooking him something nice.

"Okay" she answered "if you need any help just call me". 
I nodded, "gomawo" I blew her a kiss as an endearment and she waved her hand like I was being silly and I laughed, she is so nice.

So I proceeded to make something delicious for him a bit of everything he loves. He is going to be extremely happy I can't wait to see the look on his face. After the cooking making sure everything was ready, I went to my bedroom and found something pretty to wear, a red dress that went just above my knees with short sleeves and a modest neckline. I found some long diamante earrings that I put on and put my hair down and curled it a little at the ends. I parted my hair on one side and clipped it back. After I subtly put on makeup, top liner was a must with mascara I then topped it off with a red lipstick, applying it lightly. I found the perfect red heels that tied my outfit together. I looked great if I didn't say so myself. And now it was just a wait game I had ten minutes left before he came home. My stomach was rippling with excitement I wonder what he going to think when he sees me. 

Just then I heard the front door slam shut and I quickly stood up and proceeded to the stairs. The first thing he would see is me because the stairs lead right to the hallway where the front door was. I was trying to come down ily and slowly I couldn’t tell how I looked but I hoped it wasn't stupid. As I walked down the stairs I looked for him and there he was looking at the ground walking towards the steps. I had my eyes on him the whole time. He looked amazing in his work clothes, his black blazer in his arm and his bag in the other. His white shirt stretched beautifully across his shoulders and torso. And his black trousers fitted against his slim waist perfectly he was gorgeous, how was he mine?

That's when he looked up, watching me descend the grand staircase his eyes penetrating into mine then onto my face and casted downwards to my dress and shoes as I came down on the last step and greeted him. 
"Oh my....what is the occasion?" he asked observing my face and scanning my lips. Probably noticing the lipstick he wrapped his arms around my waist closing the space in between us, I could almost feel his heart beat and I was wondering if he could feel mine it was probably doing a hundred beats per minute. 

"Just thought I'd do something nice for my gorgeous husband, you don't know how I much I miss you when you go to work". I chimed trying to not sound heavy because that was the effect he had on me, he made me breathless. He raised an eyebrow in a teasing way trying to lean in for a kiss but I slowly moved back and put my finger to his lips trying to back.

"Ah ah not yet, you have to see what I've made for you" and I grabbed his hand and led him to the dining area. He looked at the table in amazement.
"You made the food?" he asked shocked.
I nodded, "only for you". I smiled at him and winked, "just me no help, so sit" as I dragged out a chair from underneath the table, "and eat I want you to tell me how it tastes". He did as he was told and picked the food at random and started to eat. "Well...?" I questioned curiously hoping he liked it I sat next to him watching his face the entire time.

He turned to look at me, "it's delicious I've never eaten tasty food than this before and believe me I've eaten in fancy places". I beamed with joy and clapped my hands together.
"Thank you I made it with love thinking only about you. I was taught from the best which is my mother" I said to him as he continued to eat, "and speaking about my parents I was wondering if I could go see them tomorrow?"

He continued to eat, "can't I’m working tomorrow" he said in a voice that I didn’t recognise. 
I looked at him, "well that is fine I’ll just get the driver to take me" suggesting an alternative that wouldn’t affect him, keeping up the smile despite the eerie tension in the air. 
"No means no Rina not without me"
"But why. it’s just my parents house not like I’m going to some strangers house".
He scooted the chair back and stood up to look at me, "I don't need to give you a REASON you're my WIFE and you'll do as you’re TOLD!" he yelled at me and at this moment he looked so foreign I didn't even know who he was I've never heard him scream like that before. Or seen his eyes buldge outside of their sockets in such a terrifying manner. He balled up his hands into a fist as he was going to punch something. Inside I was trembling with fear I had no words and I could feel the tears welling up in the corner of my eyes what the actual was going on. He grabbed the chair and  smashed it against the wall then trudged off without a single word.

When he was out of sight I put my hands on my head as a tear dropped out of my eye. Thinking about the scene that just occurred I mean did I say something wrong, what did I do? I was speechless and a little terrified was there any reason for his anger. I just didn’t understand...what was going on?