Chapter 1

Living with the Enemy

Ri Na was in her room sat at her dressing table, getting ready for another normal day. She was already so perfect she didn’t need to wear any foundation or creams, just eyeliner to emphasise her gorgeous eyes. The eyes that always twinkled. She was the finest student at Seoul University where she was studying business. All of a sudden she heard her appa yelling her to come down.

 

 

Yes appa!” she yelled back. And quickly combed her hair and rushed downstairs. Both of her parents were sat at the table eating breakfast with a smug smile on their faces. She took a seat next to her father.
“What’s wrong appa, is everything fine?” her appa chuckled a hearty laugh, one that she would never forget.

 

“My dear Ri Na, no one loves you more than I do, is that correct?”
“Of course appa!” she replied happily, “I love you more than there are stars in the sky”. Being the only child, Ri Na was the apple of both her parents eyes, she was lovely and never spoilt it was like they had raised an angel.
“We have found you a perfect man to marry”. Ri Na's eyes had widened huge into tennis balls and her jaw dropped to the floor. Of course this was only a metaphor she didn’t show any emotion and her father continued talking, “he is my business partner’s son and honey all his sons are marvellous but the one I’ve chosen for you is spectacular. He will make your wildest dreams come true!”

 

She  scoffed, “appa only you can do that”. She hid her smile and waited for her father to continue.
“No, my baby it’s your time to get wedded so that a new man can look after you, your husband. Honey he will do a fine job and I know you’ll be happy there. Everyone needs a life partner and this great opportunity has come where my friend has asked for you to marry his son so I agreed straight away I know my little girl would be happy with that, isn’t that right darling?” she nodded slowly. “Believe me you’ll fit right in and be happy, you’ll never be short of anything, you’ll be so happy you’ll eventually forget us!” her father couldn’t help but give out a huge jolly laughter.

 

 

“Never appa, I would never forget you and omma you guys are my world, my heaven I love you both to bits I could never love anyone like that”. Her mother smiled and said “no Ri Na, my love of course you will I’ll be praying for you”. Ri Na smiled and nodded to signal that she agreed of course this was because she wanted to make her parents happy and they would never choose a bad guy obviously. They have always got her the best things in life and this is something so huge they could never make a mistake on. All day she thought about what her father had said to her in the morning.

 

Marriage was such a huge decision in life it wasn’t a joke you couldn’t just marry someone because you were old enough. She was still so young and had many things she wanted to fulfil in her life before she got married, as much as she wanted to make her parents happy she just had to tell them wait until she was ready even if that meant ten years later. It was such a struggle for her to sit through her lectures and in her study periods she was thinking of how to break the news to her parents easily and she knew it wasn’t going to be easy. For the first time in her whole life she dreaded going home, how could saying no be so hard? It was such a piss take but for the right reason she had to lay down her law.

 

As soon as Ri Na turned into the street of her house her heart started to thump faster and faster and with every beat her steps became quick and she felt a cold shiver run down her spine. Her house came into sight, the first thing she saw was a car that didn’t belong to her father, and it was a sapphire blue sports car. Porsche to be exact. Why did she feel anxious all of a sudden? She unlocked the front door of her house she hollered that she’s home. Her mother was the first to greet her, “Ri Na honey we have some guests I want you to meet”. She sounded so giddy and happy; quickly she pushed her daughter gently into the living room to meet the back of three people’s heads she couldn’t see. As soon as she faced them her eyes landed on that mysterious, yet handsome guy. Why did she see him first, who was he? And why was he looking at her in a way that wanted to make her melt. His shiny blonde locks wafted across his forehead, his flawless skin was pure milky white and carved to perfection and his lips were the right shade of light pink, he truly was something.

 

Ri Na’s mother cleared , “honey this is Oh Sehun”she indicated to the young, smartly dressed male, "and this is his mother and father”. The young ecstatic girl bowed a full ninety degrees like her parents taught her on how to greet her guests.
“Anneyeong haseyo, Kim Ri Na imnida. It’s a pleasure to meet you” she spoke soft and politely. Sehun’s curious eyes was on her the whole time from the second he saw her he fell for her so hard it was unbelievable because Mr perfect Oh Sehun never really liked anyone like this before but this gentle girl gave his heart a shock that felt exhilarating and warm at the same time. Already he knew she was the one. Ri Na took a seat next to her father and she lowered her gaze to the floor to avoid his intense gaze.
“Honey this is the boy we want you to marry” her father said as he put his arm around her. Her eyes shot up from the carpet to his luscious brown eyes. This guy?! This hottie! Oh my God! Stay cool Girl! Calm down he’s alright. She breathed in and out through her nose and tried to put on a poker face but couldn’t help and run to her room in complete happiness and shyness.

 

Her father chuckled, “she likes you boy”. Sehun smiled an angelic smile he was more than happy to hear that but more than that he couldn’t wait to marry her.