Chapter 8: One-Sided

My Gorgeous Klutz

Ella's POV

I watch as Himchan helps himself to one of my tumbler cups to get some water as I get ready to go grocery shopping, I always went with Himchan so he'd pick up the heavy stuff and reach things on high shelves. 

"How much longer are you going to take? It's a grocery store not a fashion show" he says as I walk past him for the tenth time.

"I just have to find my wallet" I search everywhere but I could not find it. 

"Is this it?" he reaches under the coffee table.

"Yeah, now we can go"

While at the grocery store my cart was almost filled to the top while Himchan's cart had five items and he was contemplating whether to get Tide or Glade laundry detergent, and he thought I was slow. 

I leave the focused Himchan in the laundry aisle and continue to put things in my cart. 

I was scanning the cereals and I squat down to grab a box when I hear a rip. My eyes widen and I check every inch of my body, at first I thought it was a false alarm but when I stood and walked over to my basket I felt a breeze on my bottom. 

I frantically reached back and brushed my hands over my , and I felt my own skin along with my underwear. 

I had really ripped my pants. I looked around to see if anyone has seen what just happened to me. 

I cover my rip with the cereal box and look around the store for Himchan, he had left the laundry aisle. 

Finally I saw him buying vegetables, I practically ran towards him and he raised an eyebrow at me holding cereal to my . 

"You do plan on buying that right?" he asked me. 

"Look what happened!" I turn and show him to rip

"Wow, someone's exposed" he laughs, 

"It's not' funny"

"Oh but I think it's hilarious" he holds his stomach as he laughs even louder. 

People were starting to look over at us since he was making so much noise.

"Stop cackling and help me"

"Fine, I've gotten it out of my system"

He takes his flannel off and hands it to me.

"Problem solved" he tells me and goes back to analyzing the cucumbers. 

"You're a life saver Himchan" I squeeze him tight from behind and go back to my grocery cart. 

After my accident I made sure not to squat or bend over so if I needed something that was low I basically got down on my knees, grabbed it, and got back up. I got many strange looks while doing this but I rather have them looking at me weird than laughing at my ripped pants. 

Himchan had found me in the middle of grabbing some granola bars on my knees. 

"Why are you on your knees?" he helps me up, my knees were getting tired

"I wanted some granola bars" I show him the box, that was the last thing on my list, and Himchan had finished too. 

While I was putting everything on the conveyer belt I heard someone let out an aggresive sigh, I look over to see this very impatient man behind Himchan 

He kept making noises, which made me go even slower, how dare he rush me?

The cashier tells me my total and when I grab my money from my wallet it falls out, I get on my knees to pick it up, and I hit my head. 

"Are you okay?" Himchan finishes grabbing the rest of my money and helps me up.

"Will you c'mon already?" I hear the man say.

"Why don't you just chill?!" Himchan's loud booming voice makes the man shut up. 

"Thanks for helping me out back there" I tell him as we put the groceries in the car. 

"No problem, he was being an for no reason, why would he get in our line if she saw you had so much stuff?"

"Right? He had the nerve" I reply and we get in the car. 

When we get home we go our seperate ways into our apartments to unpack our groceries. 

I was in the middle of standing on a chair, loading cans in my cupboard when my doorbell rings. 

I don't bother to go answer it, I knew it was Himchan and if I didn't open it he'd open it himself. 

"I finished with my groceries" he says as he comes walking in. 

He sees me on the chair putting cans into my cupboard, he laughs a little then comes over to help me. 

Him going way faster than me since he didn't have to keep balance on an old chair, we finished in a few minutes.

Afterwards, Himchan continues to sit and watch TV as I sew my pants back together.

"It took me constantly pricking my fingers, but I finally fixed them" I show him the end results and he gives me a small hand clap

"Why don't you just buy a sewing machine?" 

"I had two, but they both broke on me, so I just reverted to the old-fashion way" I explain. 

For the rest of that day and night Himchan and I just talked about all these things, which would always happen when we'd do things together, he was my best friend. 

Himchan's POV

When I woke up that next morning, I found myself sleep on Ella's couch and she was snuggled up against me, I looked down at her and pushed some hair out of her face. 

This wasn't the first time this happened, or the second, it had been the fifteeenth time this happened, I kept count because I thought about mornings like these when I woke up alone in my own bed in my own apartment.

The sun shined on her face and she was glowing. 

I had laid next to her until she woke up, then I pretended to still be asleep. 

I felt as she slowly sat up and stretched. 

"Himchan, we fell asleep on the couch again" she shoves me super hard into the couch.

 "Thanks for waking me up in such a gentle way" I joke as she gets up and stretched some more. 

"Well I've been told I have the touch of an angel" she jokes back and we laugh as I get off the couch. 

"Alright well I'm heading back to my apartment" I start towards the door. 

"What am I? A one night stand? You sleep with me on the couch then ditch me?" she asks me and finishes off with more laughs. 

"Next time I'll make you some breakfast" I say with enough sarcasm for her to realize it was sarcasm. 

I hear her goofy laugh on my way out. 

I had actually went home and ate some breakfast alone, why didn't I just eat breakfast with Ella you may ask?

Since it was so quiet in my apartment I could hear what was happening in the hall, I hear Ella greeting Yongguk and thanking him for the tumbler cups. 

That was the exact reason why I refrained from eating breakfast with her.

She liked Yongguk

I knew we joked all the time about when I tried to pursue her but in reality

I still liked her.