Chapter 2: Yonggie

My Gorgeous Klutz

Ella's POV

I was in the middle of washing this tiny, adorable Beagle, when the guy from last time walks in, I think his name was Yonggie? I forget.

He walks in with this big Shiba Inu, once he sees me he smirks and asks the lady at the front desk if I could personally wash his dog. 

She brings him back and hands me his leash and Violet grabs the cute Beagle. 

I lift his huge dog into the bath and start washing him, but to my surprise he was completely still and very obedient, he didn't even shake and get my clothes all wet. 

"Wow, you're a good dog" I pet him after I'm done and walk him back out to Yonggie

"Here you go, your dog is very nice" I tell him. 

"Yeah, I trained him good" 

"What's his name?"

"Pancake" he replies.

"That's a first I heard of a dog being called Pancake" I laugh a little.

I squat down and pet Pancake and he my nose. 

"Bye Pancake, I'll miss you" I smile at him and wave to them as Yonggie walks out. 

"Bye Yonggie"

He pauses. 

"What did you just call me?"

"Yonggie...oh no, is that not your name?"

"No, my name is Yongguk"

"I was close though right" I smile and he walks out. 

After I was done with my shift, I was happy to be home. When I got to my apartment, I seen Yonggie standing outside of my door. 

"Yes?" I say and he turns his head.

"Klutz, since you like Pancake so much, I need you to keep him for a while"

"I can't, no animals are allowed in this apartment" I explain.

"Just for like a few hours, until I convince my roommate to keep him" he pleads.

"Just a few?"

"Yes, just a few hours and I promise I'll be back to get him later tonight" 

"I don't know you that well, but you better keep your word" I say while taking his leash. 

"Thank you so much!" he says them scampers off down the hall. 

"C'mon Pancake, I think I have some bologna you could eat" I lead him inside.

I raid my fridge, and get all the meat that was going to expire in less than two days and feed it to him, then I get a bowl and give him some water. 

We watched TV together for the rest of the day, he was a really good listener when I was explaining my soaps to him. 

One thing I noticed is that all while I was next to him, I didn't break or spill anything, almost as if he was a lucky dog. 

Out of nowhere he starts scratching at the door, and that's when I assume he needed to go to the bathroom. 

I put on a sweater and slip on some sneakers and go out the back way so no one would see me with a dog. 

While we were walking I figured I might as well get some exercise so I walked fast as Pancake trollops beside me. 

By the time we made it around the block I was a little out of breath. 

I'm sneaking him back in when Himchan spots me. 

"Is that your dog?" he asks. 

"No, it's a friend of mine's. I'm just pet-sitting for a few hours" 

"He's cute, what's his name?" he asks me as he pets his ears. 

"Pancake"

"That's a weird name"

"Yeah, but it kind of grows on you" I admit and he smiles, "Plus, I think he's lucky. All day I've been around him and I haven't been clumsy once" 

"Oh really? That is something, maybe he is lucky" 

With that said, we say our goodbyes and I smuggle him back into the apartment. 

Once we're safe inside of my apartment, I find this small ball and throw it around for Pancake and he really loves it. 

He was such a cute dog! 

After I get tired of throwing the ball and Pancake gets tired of chasing it, I feed him the rest of the meat I found for him and we watch some movies.

"Hey look, I have some dog movies, which one's do you want to watch?" I show him the three that I have and he puts his paw on "Underdog" 

I wasn't really expecting him to answer and I was certainly shocked when he did that. 

"Wow, you're smart too!" I rub his head and go put on "Underdog"

In the middle of the movie, the doorbell rings and Yonggie is on the other side of it. 

"Me and Pancake had an amazing day" I'm telling him as we're walking him for the second time.

"What did you two do all day?" he asks me. 

"We watched TV for the majority of the day, then we went on a brisk walk, then we played catch, and then we sat down and watched "Underdog", which he requested"

"Pancake requested it?"

"Mhm, he put his paw on it when I asked which dog movie he wanted to watch" 

"Looks like I found a unique dog"

"Where did you find him?"

"I was walking to a friend's house and he was walking through an alley, then he looked up at me and came towards me. He didn't look vicious so I wasn't that scared, then he my hand so I knew he was a good dog, and I couldn't resist so I bought him a leash and brought him to the groomers" 

"He really is unique, make sure you take good care of him" I tell him. 

I start back for my apartment once we made it back around the block. 

"Hey Klutz wait" Yonggie calls after me. 

"Yeah?"

"I guess since you did me a favor, I'll stop calling you Klutz, so what's your real name?"

"Ella, Ella Jackson" 

"Hmm, I liked Klutz more" he tells me and walks off. 

"I like Yonggie more" I joke and laugh as he looks over his shoulder.