Chapter 7

My Gorgeous Klutz

After my mother closed up shop, I decided to walk Ella home since it was so late. 

"You don't have to walk me all the way home"

"No it's fine, I like spending time with you"

She smiles and looks down after I say that. 

I seen a low branch coming up in our path, and as Ella is talking to me I duck her head so she doesn't slam into it. 

"Ah, thanks" she says as she looks back at the branch. 

"You're-" but before I could finish my sentence I grab Ella's hand and pull her towards me. 

"What are you doing?"

I point to the lamppost she was also about to slam into it. 

"Thanks again, I should really look where I'm going" she says a little embarrassed

"It's fine, I don't mind saving you" I comment 

"How are you always one step ahead though?" 

"Beats me, I just get these gut feelings" I explain as we arrive at her apartment building

She invites me in since I did walk her all the way here

"Do you want something to drink?"

"Sure, if you won't spill it on me" I joke

"I can't make any promises" she laughs 

She slowly makes her way towards me with two glasses of water. 

"Aha, I made it" she celebrates with a sip of water, which must have gone down the wrong tube since she started choking a bit

"You okay?"

"Yeah" she coughs one last time as I pat her back a little, "you'd be surprise to know that me choking on water does not happen that often" 

"I admit I am very surprise" 

She smiles then she starts staring at me, she starts coming closer to me, I wasn't sure what to do at that moment. 

She kisses me on the cheek. 

"Thanks for always saving me and putting up with something happening to me every two minutes" 

"It's nothing, I barely notice how clumsy you are" 

"That's nice to hear"

I was tempted to lean in for a kiss on the lips but after what happened last time, I decide not to. 

I see it's getting kind of late so I say my goodbye's as Ella walks me out. 

"I'll see you tomorrow at work" she tells me and when she closes her door I hear a rip. 

"What happened?" I say through the door

"My shirt got caught, but it's no big deal, my sewing skills are quite excellent, considering how often this happens" I hear her laugh. 

"Good luck with that" 

When I get home I stare up into the ceiling as I feel my cheek and the biggest smile comes onto my face. 

"Ella! You will be mine!" I yell and Daehyun tells me to shut up and go to sleep

That next morning as I heading to work, I see something in a small store that reminds me of Ella. 

Ella's POV

By the time I get to work my hair resembles the mane of a lion, my straightener fell in the toilet and the walk here sure didn't help the damage. 

I look for something to tie my poof ball down and see a piece of ribbon on the ground. I pick it up and fix my hair in the small bathroom mirror. 

When I walk out I bump into a customer.

"Watch where you're going" the girl gives me major attitude.

"Calm down, geez" I mumble under my breath. 

As I make my way to the back since I would probably be on a thorn duty I see Yongguk walking in. I hide from him, I didn't want him to see how ugly my hair looked.

"Why are you avoiding him?" his mother comes up behind me. 

"My hair isn't looking so good" 

She takes a look for herself and tells me she thinks it looks fine, but she doesn't understand my struggle since her hair was straight without her even trying 

I knew I couldn't avoid Yongguk all day but I sure did try. 

He finally sees me as I'm watering the flowers. 

"Hey, I feel like I haven't seen you all day" he tells me. 

"Well I'm here" 

"Why were you avoiding me?" he catches on.

"Because my hair...looks ugly" I mumble the last part. 

"Your hair looks fine, I like it, I haven't seen it like that before"

"You really like it or are you just saying that?"

"No, I like it, you still look beautiful" 

I can't help but blush a little and go back to watering the flowers 

"Hey I have a gift for you"

"Yeah? What is it?"

"I can't ruin the surprise, I'll give it to you after work is over"

Luckily the shop closes early on Friday's so I didn't have to wait that long. 

After his mom locks up the store, he hands me a box, 

"Don't open it until you get home okay?" he tells me.

"Okay I won't" 

He gets in the car with his mom as I see Himchan pull up to get me. 

"Hey what's that?" he asks me. 

"A gift from Yongguk" 

"What? Is he trying to buy your love?"

"I doubt it, he was doing a pretty good job before this gift" 

"What? Do my ears deceive me or do I hear Ella starting to actually like a guy?"

"It's true, I am starting to like him" 

"Whoa, we have to go celebrate this day" 

Himchan stops to get a small cake and when we get home we share it in my apartment.

"You haven't open you present yet?"

"Oh that's right" I pick it up from the coffee table and place it on the table.

I open it to see a pack of tumbler cups

(For those who need a visual because for a long time I had no idea what these were called lol)

"Why did he buy you these?" Himchan looks at the cups.

At first I was confused as well, until it hits me and I start laughing. 

"Oh Yongguk, always one step ahead"

"What do you mean?" 

"He bought me these so I never spill drinks anymore"

Himchan starts to laugh. 

"He's definitely a keeper" he tells me.