Third

Is it too late for realizing?

"Yejin, you know, I become a summer festival committee this year" said Himchan, interrupted my memories from 3 years ago.

"So?"

"Hmm... I will be busy with some meeting, something like that. Maybe, I will come late sometimes. So.. you still wait for me, or?"

I hitted his head lightly from back. He was in pain.

"Of course I will come home with you, babo Himchan. Who want to take me home if it's not you? It can't be Sunhwa. Moreover, I'm sure mom will allow me come late if I'm with you, right?" I said.

Himchan chuckled. "Okay.. Anyway, who want to piggyback a fat girl like you beside me? Haha"

"I'm NOT fat, babo" protested me.

I paid attention to Himchan from back. Honestly, this stupid boy isn't that bad. He is tall, he has big eyes, and he has sharp nose. He's also in top five in class, in term of his rank. You can assume, he is girl's dream.

But... I didn't know why I felt so-so, maybe because I have known him since I was kid.

I was lucky to have a friend like him. It's not because he is cool and I can show him to my friend, and be proud. Not at all.

He wanted to take me to school every morning, piggyback me to canteen, and took me home every day.

Flashback

I fell for the countless time. Stupid, I WAS really stupid. Using crutches isn't something easy actually.

 

"Yejin, let me help you" a hand offered me a help. I saw his worried face.

"I'm okay, I just need some time to make me used to it" said me and tried to smile.

I took my crutches and I would stand up again when Himchan suddenly squatted in front of me. "Himchan, what are you doing?"

"Let me piggyback you"

I look at his back, "You can piggyback me?". Himchan nodded, "Come on". I doubtly followed his words. He then piggyback me, and took my crutches. "Where do you want to go?" asked Himchan to me.

 

"I wanna go to park"

Himchan then walked to my favorite park near Han river.

"I.... I will piggyback you everyday. Every morning, every break time, and after school. I'll always take you home. How?"

I remained silent. Himchan suddenly said something strange. I just laughed awkwardly.

"I feel guilty. It looks like I did a great sin and never be forgiven. If only that time, I didn't ride my bicycle too fast, we wouldn't fall"

"Sssh.. Don't talk about that anymore" I tightened my hug on his neck from back. "Himchan, I never blame you for that. Moreover, I'm okay now" said me with smile. I tried to comfort him and made him to not feel guilty anymore.

Himchan just smiled weakly as the response.

Flashback End

-----

I saw a pair of crutches which were in corner of my room. I thought I haven't use one of them for a year.

"Yejin, Himchan is already here. Let me piggyback you" said dad in front of my room. I nodded, then dad piggyback me, just like Himchan did.

But dad is already old, I felt guilty every time I was on his back.

"Dad, if only I could use those crutches,"

"Later, when you really can use them, I'll allow you" said dad.

Yeah. Those crutches never be touched by me since one year ago. I nearly hitted by car when I tried to use them after school. I used them, but I fell in the street. Fortunately, Himchan was there, and saved me.

I remembered his worried yet upset face because I couldn't use them. He was upset to me because I was so stubborn to use them while I knew I can't use them well.

Since then, Himchan never allowed me to use them, dad too. Otherwise, he became my third leg.

"Good morning, Princess" greeted Himchan. I smiled.

"Good morning, Mr. Himchan. Ah, today I bring many things. So you must prepare an extra energy to piggyback me, okay?".

Himchan sighed, and I chuckled.