Second

Is it too late for realizing?

"Yejin, please stop moving on my back. You are already heavy now"

I stopped moving on his back. I don't know why I really like to shaking my legs when he piggyback me. Even when I have a limp leg.

My right leg wasn't perfect since 3 years ago.

 

Flashback

"Himchan, don't be too fast. I'm afraid" I hold Himchan's waist tightly, sometimes I closed my eyes. "Don't worry, we won't fall. Hahaha" Himchan happily rode his bicycle fast, when I was very afraid in the back.

"I WILL tell to my mom, if you still ride it fast" said me, threaten him. He laughed, "Just do, if you ca----,"

BRAK!

At one time, I felt my body was thrown from bicycle, and hitted the asphalt hard. I felt my back numb, and....

tiiiit tiiiiit....

I saw a motorcycle was speeding toward me. That motorcycle tried to stopped. "Himchaaaaan!," I screamed, and closed my eyes with fear.

BRAK!

I opened my eyes and seems like my legs pressed by something big. I winced in pain, I saw there was a man who fell in front of me. After that, my sight was blurred, until it became dark.

----

I opened my eyes slowly, and I saw mom, dad, and Kim ahjumma standing around me. I still felt dizzy, but I still could listen someone's crying. Mom?

"Thanks god... My baby, Yejin... You has been conscious?" Mom suddenly hugged me. I didn't know what happened after that motorcycle nearly killed me.

"Mom... What had been happened?" asked me after mom stopped crying. Mom my hair, "You were faint, but now you're alright, baby. But you must be here for awhile, okay?"

I nodded.

Then, I remembered Himchan who was with me. I didn't saw him. I only saw Kim ahjumma, his mother. "Ahjumma, where is Himchan? asked me. "He is in the outside. He said he is afraid to see you"

I chuckled, why must Himchan be afraid to me?

"Ahjumma, I want to see Himchan. I'm not angry to him" asked me. Ahjumma then went to call Himchan. Then Himchan came to me.

"Yejin... I'm sorry. I'm so sorry", Himchan came to me while crying. I wonder, why he looks so afraid to me and crying as if he already did great sin to me. "I'm okay, Himchan. I just fainted" said me and I smiled to him. I saw his shirt is so dirty and torn. I'm sure it's because he fell from bicycle earlier. He was still crying.

-----

I was woken up at midnight. I need to go to toilet.

I saw mom who was sleeping in sofa. "Mom.. mom." called me. But mom didn't wake up, mom was still sleeping.

 

I decided to go to toilet alone. I took off the blanket which covering me since I was faint, and....

"MOM!!!" I screamed hysteric. I suddenly felt terrified. "Yejin, what's wrong?!" eomma asked me. I cried, and pointed my right leg. My right leg wasn't perfect anymore. I couldn't see my fingers on my right leg anymore.

Mom hugged me, while I felt frightened. I cried hysterically. "Mo--mom.. my.. leg" I tried to ask some explanation from my mom. "I'm sorry, baby.. I'm sorry...." Mom hugged me tightly.

---

 

I shook my head when mom was trying to feed me. "Yejin, please eat this. You haven't eat since this morning" asked mom. But I was already too lazy to move, even to open my mouth.

After that night I got a 'surprise', I felt that I don't want to live anymore.

What's the use of a handicapped girl, like me?

I'll be laughingstock to others. And.. I'll make my parents embarassed.

Before I know, my tears were falling down again.

Flashback End