Chapter 03 The Study Get-together

Pabo

Eun'na's POV 
Tick...

Tock...

Tick...

Tock...

Egh! What's wrong with me?! Think Eun'na think! I silently scold myself. I have been staring at the math question for the past ten minutes but nothing came into my mind. Nothing. My brain went blank.

"Come on Eun'na, you can do it!" I crushed the used piece of paper and started all over on a new piece.

Solving...

Solving...

Solving...

"Yeah!" I shouted. Finally I solved the stupid math question. I did a little congratulatory dance. Math done! I checked the schedule and looked at the next.

1500-1800   Science

I groaned again. This is worse than Math. Science was my biggest enemy. I just cannot get science.

I sighed, taking out my science assessment book. There is nothing I can do, right? I still have to take the exam. "Fighting, Im Eun'na! I have to get into the same school as Jongup Oppa." I opened the book, putting my full concentration into it.

 

"Unlike poles attract, so..." An hour past and I was on magnetism now. The door creaked open. I turned around to check who. "Umma." I greeted. She was holding on to a tray of snack.

"I brought you some snack I think you would want." She said as she placed the tray on my bed and then proceed on to clear my table. I realised that my table was really messy, books all over the place.

"Thanks, Umma. I am really really hungry." I said as I helped to tidy up a little.

"You know, you don't have to work so hard. Your dad and I did not stress you to go to a good school. You can just go to the same school as your sister." Umma spoke as she transferred the tray to my table.

"Umma, you know the reason why I want to enter that school. That school is known for its dance club. If I do well, I can easily achieve my dream. And since Jongup Oppa studies there, he can look after me, then you don't have worry. See? I am alright, Umma. It's just a few day." I explained, a little irritated. We touched on this topic before and I had told her the exact reasons.

"But..."

"Mianhae Umma, I want to study now." I cut her off. I knew what she wanted to say but I would not change my stand. I wanted to go into the same school as Jongup Oppa, and then we can continue to go home together. Joining for its dance club was just an excuse, although if I did well, I can get to a better school for dance. But I doubt I would go without Jongup Oppa.

"Alright. I'll come back later."

"Don't," I stared at the book, not wanting to see Umma's expression. I heard the door close and continued to study.

Still frustrated, I could not focus on my study and became more annoyed as nothing enters my head.

 

The door creaked open again.

"I told you don't come in already." I shouted, not wanting see Umma standing there. The door closed but there was still shuffling of foot, which meant she hadn't left.

I turned around, only to give myself a shock. That wasn't Umma! "Jongup Oppa!”

"Are you sure you don't want me to enter?" He was sitting on my bed, sweating. He must have had a game with his friends.

"Oppa, why are you here?" I asked, ignoring his question.

"Came to find you and your mum told me you're studying. Are you sure you don't want me here? I can see you are struggling to do science. Don't you want the pro to help you?"

"Haha. Am I supposed to imply that the pro you are saying refers to you?" Oppa had worse grade than me. He got into the school through dancing.

"Do you see anyone else? Hey, I l know what you are thinking. Although I did not score as well as you, that doesn't mean my science isn't good. In fact, I do a lot better than you for science." Jongup Oppa argued, knowing what I was thinking. True to that, he did do better for science.

"Come on, you want to score well and get into the same school as me, you should seek my help." He pulled the chair beside me and sat down. He knew that I want to go to the same school as me?! Did Umma tell him?! He's not supposed to know though!

"Oppa-" I wanted to question him but he literally shut his ear and read the question out loud. Better listen...

 

 

Bored...

Bored...

Bored...

"Yah, concentrate!" A pen hit my head.

"Ouch, Oppa!" I cried, rubbing the sore part.

"You were not listening." Oppa scolded.

"Can't we stop already? It is only fifteen minutes left. Even though I want to do well for science, I don't think this fifteen minutes will be any useful." I pleaded. I can't even remember what was taught five minutes ago, let alone the next fifteen minutes.

"Nope. Like you said, only fifteen minutes left, so concentrate." Ergh...

My eyes wandered around and saw the face paint sit at the corner of my table. While Oppa was concentrating, I reached out to get the paint set, opened the cover and dipped my finger into the paint and to his face.

Immediately, he looked up and I laughed. It was like a green mole in his face. Oppa rubbed his face and the paint got to his hand. "Hey!"

I continued to laugh and got 'attack' too. That starts our 'fight'.


In this chapter, Jongup: 13 yrs oldEun'na: 12 yrs old

I am going with this system: Elementary School ~> Middle School ~> High School ~> University and everytime they move on, they have a major exam, like in this case Eun'na is graduating from Elementary School, so she needs to take a exam and she is studying for it. 

And oh yes, I am using international age system, not Korean age system. 

I did not update because I was feeling lazy...

So to make up for my laziness and the bad quality of this chapter, 

I am going to post another chapter in an hour time, so look up for it!

Do Comment, Subscribe, Upvote AND READ!


Updated on 13/04/14