001

Remain
XSYKOTICA
REMAIN
001: Mysterious Boy

It was a fine morning. The sun was shining so bright and for the first time, it was not cold that morning. It was the perfect time to play outdoor games and run around the school's grass field but Baekhyun doesn't have the time to care.

He was doing some errands for the acquaintance party later. Yea, being the assistant of the school's student council really but it's not like he was forced to do this. He took a small glimpse to the boy on the other table which was the student council president and his friend, Suho, who looks just as stressed as him.

"Got any problem, hyung?" Baekhyun inquired.

Suho stopped massaging his temples and looked out on the window helplessly. Baekhyun followed his gaze and an amused laugh escaped his lips.

From the student council's room on the 3rd floor of the school building, they can see several boys playing like retards on the grass field. Some were running around, some were eating, and some were just happily chatting.

"I can't believe that those idiots are my friends. Sometimes, I just want to strangle them to death or just pretend that I don't know them." Suho sighed while turning to the piles of papers on his desk.

"Aw hyung, I doubt if you can strangle Kyungsoo to death though." Baekhyun joked which earned a glare from Suho. "Woah, hyung! I was just kidding!" he said while raising both of his hands playfully.

Before Suho could say anything, a soft knock was heard from the door. A boy with abnormally large eyes peeked and blinked a few times at them. It was an adorable sight and Baekhyun could not help himself but run to the boy and pull him in to a bear hug.

"Aigoooo, Kyungsoo! Why are you soooo cute?" Baekhyun said while pinching  the cheeks of the boy whose name was Kyungsoo.

"Hey, Baekhyun! What do you think of me, a little boy, huh?" Kyungsoo whined as he struggled to remove Baekhyun's hands from his cheeks but as usual, he wasn't successful.

Suho sighed at the idiotness of the two. He mentally laughed at his own choice of words because he doesn't even know if a word like that exists. He cleared his throat loud enough for the two to hear to call their attention.

"Oh. Sorry, Suho hyung." Baekhyun said as he awkwardly made his way to his table. Even though there was no announcement from the two, it was a common knowledge for everyone to know that Suho and Kyungsoo are in some kind of a relationship.

"I shall excuse myself then. I don't think I can take your lovey doveys." he said as he acted like he wants to puke. 

Kyungsoo immediately blushed, "Y-yah. W-we're not doing something like that! I'll just report about the line up of the performances later!"

"Whatever, see you guys!" Baekhyun waved at both of them before winking playfully and sprinting towards the door. Just as he expected a book was thrown by Suho on his direction but it was too late because he has already hid himself behind the closed door.

 

He doesn't have any particular place to go to since his duties as the student council assistant will start later after lunch. He still doesn't have classes either. It was the first day of the first semester and everyone was given the chance to adjust on the new environment although for the past students, it's just a day to play and relax.

While walking on the hallway, he looked out on the grass field and saw his friends minus Kyungsoo still playing around there. 

"Those lazy monkeys.." he mumbled to himself and was about to continue walking when he saw a certain boy passing by near his friends.

The boy walked quietly and even though the boy has a hoodie above his head, he knows that the boy is beautiful. The way he walks on the grass field looks so light that it feels like the grasses were not even bothered when he stepped on them.

His heart was beating so fast. It was as if his heart was drawn to the mysterious boy, his mind was going crazy thinking if he knows the boy's name, and he couldn't take his eyes off him. He found himself following the boy with his gaze until the boy was out of his sight. 

He was not sure what he just felt. It was really strange..

 

 

"Yohoo! Are you there Baekhyun?" A boy with a strange mouth and a very prominent cheek bones asked while waving his hand in front of Baekhyun's face.

"Earth to Baekhyun, Earth to Baekhyun. Are you there?" A much taller boy with big ears asked Baekhyun again while waving his hand in front of his face as well.

Baekhyun yelled at both of them before slapping their hands away from his face. He gave them a what-the-fck look but they just smiled at him like two angels sent from above. He groaned in frustration. These two will be the death of him if they won't stop annoying the out of him. They're none other than the trolling partners in crime, Jongdae and Chanyeol.

"Hyung! Hyung! You've been quiet since lunch earlier, have any problems?" Jongdae asked, voice filled with aegyo.

"Ewww, Jongdae! Your aegyo is so disgusting!" Chanyeol complained as he faked a shiver.

"Yah!" Jongdae shouted before going after the giant to hit him.

Baekhyun raised a brow at their leaving figures asking himself why did he had such stupid friends like them. He sighed. He was being quiet because he was so busy thinking what was that boy's name. He's a social butterfly and there's no way that he would miss someone as beautiful as that mysterious boy. 

Upon realizing that Suho might still be waiting for him in the gymnasium, he shook off those unnecessary thoughts and went towards the Student Council's room.

It was empty because Kyungsoo was already with Suho in the school's gymnasium where the acquaintance party will be held. As for his other friends, they're with their respective clubs. He doesn't have the slightest idea on why Jongdae and Chanyeol still have the time to annoy him though.

He grabbed all the things that Suho needs from his desk and made his way to the gymnasium. It was already packed with students, from freshmen to seniors and some alumnis too. He tiptoed and looked around the sea of students to look from Suho or Kyungsoo but instead, he saw the person he least expected. It was the mysterious boy.

The boy was not wearing a hoodie and his uniform revealed that he was a sophomore. He must be a transfer student so it would make sense why Baekhyun doesn't seem to know the boy's name. Without the hoodie that was covering his face, he can clearly see the facial features of the boy. It was really beautiful. His face could define perfection.

Baekhyun wanted to approach him but before he could do so, the boy already got lost in the crowd. He could feel his heart sink in disappointment and he could not stop the urge to pout. He just lost his chance to know the boy's name.

"Hm, what's with the face hyung?" Tao appeared out of nowhere and asked while putting his arms around Baekhyun's shoulders.

"Nothing.." Baekhyun replied which made the chinese diva raise a brow at him. "So what do you need, Tao? It's rare for you to approach me on parties like this when you can just flirt with Kris hyung all day." he tried to change the topic.

"Aish, really hyung. Kris-ge is nowhere to be found and I just came to show you how good I look tonight. Oh well, got to go!" Tao said while laughing at his own statement. In a matter of seconds, Tao got lost in the crowd too and Baekhyun was left alone again.

Such a narcissist, Baekhyun thought. No wonder Kris and Tao got along really well, both of them almost have the same personality. While scanning the area again, he finally found the two that he was looking for earlier. They were near the stage and he got there in no time.

 


The acquaintance party went on smoothly. The school band's performance was the talk of everyone the day after that, which was today, and of course, since Jongdae and Chanyeol were part of it, you could hear their endless self praises and bickering on who got the most screams last night.

As for everyone else, it was just a normal day until Suho called all of them on the student council's room for a very important meeting. Baekhyun almost flew his way to the room after receiving a message from Kyungsoo only to see that it was just a prank by the trolls again.

He was welcomed by a scene that he already got used to. Minseok and Luhan, who's supposed to be the oldest are covering their eyes because Sehun and Yixing are doing some Rated M stuff again. The chinese diva, Tao, couldn't take it anymore so he threw a pillow at the two lovey doveys.

"Tao, no throwing of anything! This room is so precious!" Suho warned Tao. He was already regretting the decision of holding the meeting in the student council's room.

"Hmp, then tell those two to stop. It's disgusting!" Tao shrieked while getting a mirror from his bag to look at his reflection, a very effective way to calm himself down and prevent himself from throwing Sehun and Yixing out of the window.

"Someone is jealous!" Sehun teased while putting his arm around Yixing's shoulders. "Where is Kris hyung, by the way?"

"He'll be a bit late. He have to do some exhibition to the new students who wants to join the art club." Tao explained, paying no attention to Sehun's teasing.

Not long after Baekhyun sat beside Minseok and Luhan, the school's very own picasso came with a blinding spotlight following him around. Well of course, that was just an exaggeration but kidding aside, Kris has really good features that could turn a simple hallway into a runway for a fashion show.

"So what is this all about?" Kris inquired after settling beside Tao.

"I know we're all busy so I'll get straight to point. I was thinking of making our very own club." Suho announced.

All of them just stared blankly at the male version of snow white, slowly absorbing what he just said.

"What? Yeol, I think I heard it wrongly. What did Suho hyung said?" Jongdae asked the giant beside him.

"I.. I think I heard the same thing.." Chanyeol said, confused.

"Idiots." Suho muttered quietly. "Erm, you all heard it right. I'm thinking of making a club that could represent the school with music performances."

"Wait! Can't the school band do that? I mean, our performance was perfect last night!" Yixing argued.

"Yea sure, your performance was cool but it lacked energy!" Kyungsoo objected.

"So how can we add energy? We can't possibly do stunts like what Tao does, right?" Sehun asked, slightly confused on what do they want to do.

"A sing and dance group." Suho stated simply which earned blank looks from everyone again.

"D-dance? That's insane! I know we all have the voices but dance? Everyone knows that not all of us can dance!" Chanyeol exclaimed. 

Everyone remained quiet as they waited for an answer but Suho just smiled at them and made his way to the door. "As for that, I know someone who can help us."

He slowly opened it and revealed a boy who was a bit taller than him but not like the giant with them. He was fair-skinned and his jawline was perfect. He has soft kissable lips and those black orbs that could pierce through the soul was so charismatic that made everyone's jaw drop especially a certain someone.

Baekhyun stared at the boy in disbelief. It was the boy that he wanted to approach ever since he laid his eyes on him.

Author's Note: Hello there! Sorry for typo errors and thank you so much for those who subscribed and commented! It means a lot to me! Please stay with me until the end~