Chapter 6

Spy Kyung Mi

NO ONE'S POV:

Kyung mi couldnt say anything, just look at him with her wide eyes.

Cheondoong put his phone back in his pocket and then stood up.  He looked down at her.

"I wont show this to anyone since you saved my life...  But.. I want you to pack your stuff right now and leave quietly."  Then with that he left her there.

Kyung mi was still in shock on the swing..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She left back to the condo and into her room.  She started to pack everything in her large suitcase.

She stopped for a moment to think, "I'm so stupid... Why would he like me?..."  Then Kyung mi continued packing.

After she packed everything she left without seeing Cheondoong.  Once she was outside she wondered where she go and then remembered Jaejoong.

"Ah.."  She checked all the pockets in her jeans and finally found a small piece of paper in her back pocket.

It was an address.  Jaejoong gave it to her the first time they met when they were in South Korea.

Kyung mi looked down on it then continued to walk forward.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was a knock on the door and Jaejoong opened it.  Kyung mi looked up at him, smiling but then it faded and she froze once she saw him... Without a shirt on.. 

"Ahh.."  Jaejoong tried to use the door to block his upper body.  Kyung mi looked up, not looking at him, but at the ceiling.

"I'm sorry Jaejoong-sshi... But.. he found out that we were pretending to date... So he kicked me out... Thankfully though he doesnt know we're North Korean spies..."  She tried to sound relieved when she said the last part but she was still extremely sad about Cheondoong kicking her out.

"He's more of a handful than i expected..."  Jaejoong said, then looked at Kyung mi.

"Uh.. Come in.. Let me get a shirt.."  Jaejoong said as he left the door and went to put on a plain white shirt.

Kyung mi came in slowly and looked around.  The apartment wasnt too bad.  It was actually pretty nice.

"Theres no bed.. so... you will have to sleep on the floor.. "  Jaejoong said.

She nodded and then put her suitcase near the door.

"Take a seat."  Jaejoong gestured to the small table against the wall.  She sat down on the floor near the table, as he did the same.

"So he found out, huh?"  Jaejoong said.

Kyung mi nodded looking down at her knees.

Then he looked up, "Then we have no other choice.... we are going to have to take matters into our own hands."  Kyung mi looked up at him, confused.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the next day and Cheondoong got up and went to his entertainment company building.

He was walking alongside Miyoung.  

"Kyung mi... She left on her own.. So if you're going to ask about her dont."  Miyoung looked at him.

"What?"

"She just wanted to leave all of a sudden so i let her."  He lied.

Miyoung thought for a moment, "She didnt tell you why?"  Cheondoong shook his head.  Then they entered a small room with a table and chairs and Cheondoong froze on the spot once he saw what he never thought he would see ever again.

Kyung mi stood up from her chair and smiled.  She bowed once she saw Cheondoong and Miyoung.

Miyoung smiled.

"Wh-What are you doing here?"  Cheondoong asked while pointed at her.  Kyung mi looked down not wanting to look Cheondoong in the eye.

"She told me that she quit the job of being your assistant because she wanted to try becoming an actress.  And i figured that since she saved your life, thats the least we could do."  Miyoung said smiling.

"Wh-What?"  Cheondoong said still shocked at seeing Kyung mi.

"Dont argue with me Cheondoong i've already made up my mind."  Miyoung said.  But surprisingly she got a different response from Cheondoong.

"I... Understand..."  They both looked up at him surprised.

"But."  He looked at Miyoung, "I would like to be the one to teach her the aspects of an actor."  Miyoung thought for a moment then nodded, "Alright..  Fine with me.. Teach her everything you know Cheondoong before the supporting actor audition for your new drama, 'Spy Myungwol'"  (:P)  Miyoung said.

Cheondoong nodded, "Alright."  Then he faced Kyung mi who slightly jumped when he snapped his head around to look at her.  

"Come with me.."  She followed Cheondoong out of the room.

Once they walked some ways, Kyung mi spoke up, "Thank you.."  Cheondoong stopped and turned around to face her.  Kyung mi looked at him with wide eyes.

"Dont thank me.. Because i'm gonna make sure myself that this 'training' is a living hell for you... Be prepared."  Cheondoong said pointing his finger at her, then he turned around and walked as she trailed behind.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ahhhhhh!!"  Kyung mi yelled as she was tired and sweating, running on the treadmill.  She was back to live in Cheondoong's condo.  (She got her suitcase earlier).

It was already 2 hours of nonstop running with no water and she was tired out.

"When can i stop?"  She asked, her legs giving out.

He was sipping water as he sat on a chair looking at her run, "No.  An actor must have physical strength and besides.  You have to lose about 10 more pounds."  

"Ahhh..."  Kyung mi said in response, "Then can i have some water at least?"  

"What water?.."  Cheondoong muttered while taking another sip.

"Sally sold seashells by the sea-"

"Again."  Cheondoong stopped her, while he was eating his dinner.  There was also a plate in front of Kyung mi but he didnt allow her to eat unless she spoke the tongue twister with proper pronounciation.

"Sally sold seashells by-"

"again."  He said still eating.

She sighed, "Can i please have something to eat before i continue?"  She pleaded.  He looked up at her, "An actor must have proper pronounciation.  So until you say that tongue twister.  You. cant. eat."  Cheondoong said while taking the plate away from her.  Kyung mi looked at the food, longingly, with open.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheondoong placed over 20 dvds on the table in front of Kyung mi.  She opened and widened her eyes at the amount.

"Watch these by tomorrow morning.  These are my movies and drama episodes."  Cheondoong said smiling at how he was torturing her.

"A-All of these?" Kyung mi asked, not believing what she was seeing.

"Nope."  He shook her head.  Kyung mi sighed in relief.

"These too."  He brought up more dvds and placed them next to the ones he already set on the table.  Then he looked up at her and smiled with his teeth showing.

dropped open once again.

Kyung mi started watching the dvds and by the 5th one she was starting to feel sleepy and had huge bags under her eyes.

"Is my acting boring?"  Cheondoong asked as he was laying on the sofa keeping her in check.

"No.  Its really fun to watch."  Kyung mi lied as she kept her eyes on the screen.

"Really?"  Cheondoong asked as he sat up and smiled.  "Then theres more."  She couldnt believe her eyes.  There was a third pile.   didnt JUST drop open this time.  It was now trembling and her bags were growing bigger and bigger.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One morning Cheondoong got ready and was about to leave to shoot his individual scenes for 'Spy Myungwol' (didnt find the female lead yet but they wanted to film some scenes to make it easier to film later when they find the actress) but Kyung mi stopped him.  She had dark bags under her eyes and she looked extremely thin and pale.

"Wait!"  He turned around to face her.

"When are you gonna start teaching me for real?  All i do is run, do tongue twisters, and watch dvds.  When are we gonna actually do something?"  Kyung mi asked him, furrowing her brow.

He thought for a moment then looked at her, "Fine then.  Come to the shooting today."  Kyung mi brightened, "Really?!"  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You are going to be someone that Cheondoong-sshi shoots okay?  And we'll make sure not to show your face so dont worry too much."  One staff member said as he left.

"Shoots?..."  Kyung mi wondered as she looked at the fake gun in her hands.  

"Yup.  You're gonna run and shoot me, but once i shoot you, you're gonna slam yourself against that wooden board against those metal poles and fall on the ground and die."  Cheondoong said that in all one breath and then smiled.  Then he walked away.

Kyung mi looked down at the gun again and pouted slightly.

"Oppa!"  Na Eun ran over to Cheondoong, "What is SHE doing here again?!  I thought you let her go?"  She glared over at Kyung mi.

"Dont say anything when you dont know."  Cheondoong simply said then walked over to the shoot.

"Aishh... He KNOWS i hate seeing her ugly face..."  Na Eun said still glaring at Kyung mi.

Then Jaejoong walked up behind Na Eun and looked over at Kyung mi.

"Okay.. ACTION!"  The director shouted.  Then Kyung mi started running and shooting a couple of times.  Once Cheondoong shot, she slammed herself against the board and fell down with a thud.  It hurt a lot and she was covered in dirt.

"Aish... Hey director!  I think i blinked my eyes.  Can we do it again?"  Cheondoong said, lying.

"Oh really?... Looked fine to me..."  The director muttered, "Okay then.  Again!"

They kept repeating the same scene at least 5 times and each time Kyung mi slammed her self hard and fell down on the floor hard.  It hurt and she was COVERED in dirt.  But each time Cheondoong would say that he would need to do it again because "He didnt display his emotions correctly", or his "eyes blinked, or "the gun was about of blanks".  They took a bit of a break and Cheondoong went to get more blanks for his gun.

"Ahh.. I see... He's making her suffer... Then why didnt he just tell me?.."  Na Eun said smiling out of satisfaction.  Jaejoong heard then looked at Kyung mi who stood up, clutching her arm, he looked carefully and saw a bit of blood on the sleeve.  There was a bit of glass on the floor and it cut her and made her bleed but it wasnt noticeable.

Jaejoong then looked over at Cheondoong and walked over to him.

"Isnt this a bit much?"  Jaejoong asked as Cheondoong stopped and slowly turned around to face him.

"Torturing someone has its limits."  Jaejoong said.

"Dont you dare tell me about this.  After you so shamelessly decieved me.  You have no right."  Cheondoong said.  Then he was about to walk away but Jaejoong spoke up.

"If you felt so betrayed and hurt... Then it must mean you truly liked her." 

Cheondoong hesitated a moment then turned around again, "What about you?.  Dont you truly like Kyung mi?"  Jaejoong froze.

Cheondoong smirked and then walked away to resume the shooting.

Kyung mi was panting and clutching her arm as she went to the shoot, "So you're trying to kill me huh?.. We'll see about that.."  Kyung mi said.

"Alright!  Ready... ACTION!"  The director yelled.

Then, once again, Kyung mi ran, shooting her fake gun.. But once Cheondoong shot, she slammed herself extremely hard on the board and fell down.  And this time, she stayed down.

"Perfect!"  The director said.  "Thank you!"  Then Jaejoong and the director noticed Kyung mi wasnt getting up.

"Kyung mi-sshi!  Everythings good now!  You can go!"  The director said.  Cheondoong looked at her and noticed the blood on her sleeve.  He slightly widened her eyes.  Then the metal poles that the board was against started moving and falling down.

"Watch out!"  Cheondoong was about to run over to her but Jaejoong beat him.  He ran swiftly and carried Kyung mi around so that the metal poles hit the ground instead of her.

Jaejoong took a moment to look at her face then he carried her to his car.  Everyone followed him out of worry.  He placed Kyung mi in the back and closed the door.  He took one moment to look at Cheondoong although it wasnt exactly a glare.  Cheondoong looked slightly guilty.  Then Jaejoong took the drivers seat and drove away.  Na Eun watched the car go, glaring.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyung mi slowly opened her eyes and blinked a few times to take in her surroundings.  She was on the floor with a blanket on her.  She saw that she was in Jaejoong's apartment.

"Are you okay?"  Jaejoong asked as he brought water to her.  Kyung mi slowly got up and took the water.

Jaejoong watched her drink it, "If its too hard for you... We could try again later."  He was feeling guilty even though it wasnt his fault.

Kyung mi shook her head, "No.. Its for our country."  She smiled at him.  Jaejoong took a moment then spoke again, "Would you like to eat before going back?"

Kyung mi shook her head, "I better go back soon.  Thank you though."  Jaejoong nodded then took the empty cup and brought it to the sink.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wheres Kyung mi?"  Cheondoong asked Miyoung as he was in the car on the way to his condo.

"I dont know but Na Eun's bodyguard called and said she was okay."  Miyoung said, "Must be nice to have a boyfriend like him to take care of her.."  

Cheondoong thought carefully.  He was feeling extremely guilty for making her suffer that much..

Once they were at his condo, he was about to leave but Miyoung stopped him.

"Give these scripts to Kyung mi and tell her to practice as much as she can.  Tomorrow is the day for her audition."  Miyoung said and then left.

Cheondoong entered the condo and looked up, surprised to see Kyung mi sitting on the couch and drinking milk.

"Hello."  Kyung mi said smiling and standing up.  She walked up to him.  Cheondoong felt even more guilty, *Babo... How can you smile at me after what i did?...*  He snapped out of it.

"Are you.... okay?..."  He asked.

"Yup.  I'm strong."  Kyung mi said smiling still.  Cheondoong then cleared his throat, "Thats good then.... Ah.. Here are your scripts for tomorrow's audition.  Practice hard."  Then with that he left to his room.

Kyung mi clutched the scripts in her hands and then opened it up.  She started practicing.  Cheondoong came out after changing clothes and showering and saw her practicing.

"My heart feels like its going to explode when i see you with her... I think i'm going crazy!"  Kyung mi's acting was terrible.  

"YAH!"  Cheondoong yelled.  She jumped and looked over at him.

"You're making ME crazy!  You call that acting?!  Stop that!  RIGHT NOW!"  Then he gave her a look and walked back to the kitchen to get some water.

"Tch... Shouldve just ignored me..."  Kyung mi said to herself.  Then she continued practicing.  

She was practicing all night and it wasnt getting any better.

"Yah.. Just give up... And go to sleep."  Cheondoong told her.  Kyung mi looked at him with determination, "NO... I'm not ever going to give up."  Cheondoong sighed then walked back to his room.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheondoong woke up and walked out of his room to find Kyung mi on the couch with the script in her hand.

Cheondoong silently scoffed as he walked up to her.  He bent down and took the script from her hand.

"I'm sorry......"  Kyung mi talked in her sleep.  Cheondoong looked up at her.  "Cheondoong..... Sorry........"  Kyung mi said.  Cheondoong slightly widened his eyes at what she said.  Then he looked down at the script and opened it up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why didnt you wake me up?!"  Kyung mi asked as they were walking into the entertainment building.

He didnt say anything.  Then Kyung mi hurriedly ran to the audition room where there were a few people.

She sat down and waited for her turn, clutching onto her script.  

A man came out with a list in his hand, "Umm... Choi Kyung mi?"  Kyung mi looked up, "yes?"  

"Your turn."  The man said and then he left.

Kyung mi breathed in and out and entered the room.  She was sitting at the end of a long table with judges on the other side.  She was extremely nervous.

"Alright.  Show us what you have."  They asked.  Kyung mi nodded and then opened the script but widened her eyes as she saw a little note on the top where there was empty space.

"Show who you really are!  Dont be afraid to be you!  Use your past memories as a base for the lines you are about to deliver!"  She didnt need to guess to know it was Cheondoong.  Kyung mi smiled warmly as she saw the notes.

"Miss Kyung mi?"  They asked.  She looked up, "yes."  Then she continued to say her lines from the script.  She did happy scenes and scenes where she had to cry or be sad.  They all looked at her and nodded with approval as she was doing her lines.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What is it?"  Cheondoong asked as he entered a room where Miyoung was there.

"Look at this."  Miyoung gave him a paper and he widened his eyes as he saw what was on it.

"PARK CHEONDOONG?  GIRLFRIEND?"  The headlines said.  Then there was a picture of him with Kyung mi.

"What are you going to do about this?... I mean.. It wouldve been fine if it was another well known celebrity.. but Kyung mi?... You're both going to get hurt if this gets released.. but shes gonna be hurt more.."  Miyoung said.

Cheondoong thought for a moment then Na Eun ran in.

"Oppa!"  She clung onto his arm.  He hid the paper as she came in.  

"What is this mood?..."  She said.  He looked down at her for a moment then an idea sparked.

"Miyoung... Tell them that i have better news.."  He smirked as he looked at Na Eun.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyung mi exited the room with the brightest expression on her face.

"Kyung mi-sshi."  She was surprised as she saw Jaejoong.

"How did it go?"  He asked with hopeful eyes, which is new for the forever poker-faced Jaejoong.

She hesitated then looked up at him and smiled.

He stopped being tense and slightly smiled, "Congratulations."  She smiled happily, "Thank yoou."  

"Would you like to celebrate with some food?"  He asked.  She nodded then thought for a moment, "Wait.  Before we go.  I need to thank someone else.  I'll be right back."  Then she ran off.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyung mi was looking for Cheondoong and saw him enter from the entrance of the entertainment building.

She smiled and was about to go up to him but swarms of reporters crowded about him.

"Is it true?  Are you and Na Eun really dating?"  One reporter asked.

"When did you guy start to date?"  Another asked.

He took off his sunglasses, "Yes... Na Eun and I are... Really dating."  He said the last part as he spotted Kyung mi and smirked at her.

Her smile then faded as she dropped the script from her hand.  For some reason.. She felt.. a big pang in her heart.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------