Chapter 5

Spy Kyung Mi

NO ONE'S POV:

After their kiss they both awkwardly walked back together to the condo.  Once Cheondoong entered his condo he went right to his room. Kyung mi slowly walked to her room also.

Cheondoong sat down on his bed and closed his eyes thinking about the kiss, "You're crazy Cheondoong... Crazy..."  

Kyung mi also sat down on her bed, "I should be happy... I finished this mission.... but... Why do i feel so guilty?"  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, Kyung mi prepared breakfast and once Cheondoong came out it became awkward.

As he was eating Kyung mi was thinking of what to say.

"Um."  Cheondoong looked up at her waiting for her to say something.

"About yesterday..."  He cut her off, "You dont have to worry... I know we were both a little.. in the moment and thats why we did it... Forget about what i did."  Kyung mi was slightly dissappointed but agreed by walking away.

Once she was gone Cheondoong stopped eating to think a bit, "She's not for you... not for you.."  He shook his head slightly while closing his eyes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaejoong was on the phone with a man, "Yes i understand commander.. Yes."  

"Remmeber to project your feelings well.  Althought it'll probably be easy so i dont have to tell you."  The commander said.

Jaejoong hesitated then spoke, "Yes...  I'll update later."  And then he hung up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oppa!!"  Na Eun ran and held onto his arm again as he and Kyung mi arrived at the site.

She tried to act cute, "I missed you."  

"Why.  You stalk me everyday."  He said without looking at her.

She pouted, "That's not fair.  You know its just cause i love you."  He pulled his arm away then walked away.

"Oppa!!"  She stood there and pouted.  Kyung mi was about to leave also but she stopped her by holding onto her arm.

"Let me tell you this straight."  Na Eun said brattily, "If you even DARE to get close to my oppa i'll make sure to make your life a living HELL."  Then she walked away after glaring at her for a moment.

Kyung mi huffed, "Who does she think she is?"  

"Kyung mi-sshi."  Jaejoong appeared behind her.

She turned around and smiled, "Oh Jaejoong-sshi."  He looked slightly troubled and hesitated before telling her what he had to say.

"What is it?"  She asked seeing his troubled expression.  He looked down then looked back up to her, "How was it?  Were you able to finish your mission?"  Kyung mi blushed slightly and then regained her composure, "Yes."

"Thats good."  Jaejoong then hesitated again.

"Is that all?"  She asked.  

"No... A new mission was given out..."  He said but he kept stalling.  She waited for him to continue.

"We.....We have to act like we're dating in order to make Cheondoong jealous."  He said with his poker face.

"D-Dating?!  Jealous?!.... i dont know if we're at that point yet... i mean... i dont really think he likes me.."  She said quietly while fidgeting.

"Well did he kiss you back?"  SHe looked up at him in surprise.  He simply waited for her to answer.

"W-Well.."  She looked down again and messed with the hem of her shirt, "It.. I think so... But i dont think he really likes me.. just cause he kissed me back.. he even said to forget about it.."  She stopped fidgeting.  Jaejoong thought for a moment.

"Well... If he kissed you back.  There's a chance.  Even if theres only a slight one."  He said, "I know it may be awkward, but just remember that its for our country."  

She nodded then looked up at him, "So when are we... you know..."  He thought for a moment, "We'll start by acting a bit more closer today, making sure he sees... Then tomorrow when we're both off duty and Cheondoong and Na Eun are off at Jejudo for another True Religions photoshoot, we'll follow them there pretending we're on a date."  He said.

"Right.."  She nodded then she smiled, "Then.... i'll call you Jaejoong-oppa.. Since we need to make it seem real."  Kyung mi quickly said the last part.  He nodded.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oppaaa  arent you so excited for tomorrow?  We'll finally get to have some alone time together."  Na Eun said smiling.

"It's only for a day."  Cheondoong said not looking at her.

"Yeah but we're gonna be spending the night at the hotel.  So we could have a nice romantic dinner."  Na Eun said daydreaming about the dinner while he said nothing.

Then Kyung mi and Jaejoong stood a good distance away from them but made sure Cheondoong wpuld be able to see them.

"What should we do?"  Kyung mi slightly paniced.

"Just.. Laugh and look close."  He said.  She nodded, took another slight glance at Cheondoong, then started giggling.  Jaejoong then started smiling.

Cheondoong saw them from his chair and immediately took off his sunglasses.  

"Ahh... Its gonna be sooo romantic."  Na Eun was still daydreaming then looked at Cheondoong.

"Yah.. Did you even listen to anything i was saying?"  She asked, snapping out of it.

"What are they doing?"  He said trying to get a better look.

She looked towards Kyung mi and Jaejoong who were looking like they were having the best time.

"I dont know... Maybe just got closer?"  She said looking at them.  Then Kyung mi slightly touched Jaejoong, while laughing, as he kept smiling happily.

"Yah... That doesnt look like they 'just go closer.'"  Cheondoong said as he widened his eyes at how Kyung mi was being so friendly with Jaejoong.

"Maybe they're dating?"  Na Eun suggested.  

"Thats not possible.. Just a while ago she said she loved me."  He said still looking at them.

"What?!" Then she looked at Cheondoong suspiciously, "Why are you curious anyway?... Can it be... ARE YOU JEALOUS?!"  She yelled the last part.

"Tch.. Why would i be jealous?"  Cheondoong said as he leaned back in his chair. But he once again leaned back up front quickly as he saw Kyung mi and Jaejoong hug.  Although it was an awkward one they didnt notice.

"YAH!  Why is she hugging him?!"  He said, not believing what he was seeing.

"YAH!  Why do you wanna know so bad?!"  Na Eun yelled back.  But he ignored her.  She huffed then stood up and walked away.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was awkward throughout the car ride as Cheondoong wouldnt talk to Kyung mi.  She just sat there awkwardly.

"Whats wrong Cheondoong?  Mad about something?"  Miyoung asked.

"No."  He said, then looked at Kyung mi through his sunglasses, "Just annoyed."  Miyoung decided not to press any further and so it was silent the rest of the way.

Once they were at the condo Cheondoong immediately sat on the couch and took off his sunglasses.  Kyung mi was about to walk by but he stopped her.

"Yah."  She stopped and looked at him.

"Yes?"  Kyung mi asked.

He looked around him for a moment then spoke, "Looks like you got close with that Jaejoong guy or whatever."  He tried not to sound jealous.

Kyung mi thought for a moment and remembered what a girl in a south korean drama did when the guy said something out of 'jealousy'.  She figured she should follow that even when she wasnt sure if Cheondoong was jealous or not.

She looked at him and then faked a smile, "Yeah. Jaejoong-oppa is such a nice guy."  Cheondoong then looked up at him, slightly angry.

"OPPA?  Is ANYONE an oppa to you?"  He didnt let her respond.

"Anyways.  I dont want you to date him.  Is the site your dating area?  HUH?!"  Then he got off the couch and walked angrily to his room.

When he was halfway there she muttered something under her breath, "What does it matter to you if i'm dating him or not.."

He quickly turned around at glared at her.  Kyung mi avoided his gaze.

"What did you say?"  Kyung mi quickly shook her head, "Nothing."  Then he gave her one last glare and walked back to his room, slamming the door.

Kyung mi flinched at the sound and huffed out of frustration, "And he likes me?"...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Na Eun and Jaejoong were about to seperate ways (her to her house and him to his small apartment) but she stopped him.

"So... I saw you and that Kyung mi girl."  Jaejoong didnt turn around to face her.  Just stopped where he was.

"Nice going.  So i guess you accepted my offer.  Keep her away from my oppa got it?"  She said with her arms crossed.

"This isnt for you."  He simply said then walked away.   dropped open at his response and then scoffed glaring at his retreating back, "Cant stand either of them."  Then she walked into her house angrily.

While Jaejoong was walking to his apartment he was thinking about the hug that he shared with Kyung mi.  He slightly shook his head and then continued to walk faster to his apartment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JEJUDO:

"Alright!  Cheondoong-sshi and Na Eun-sshi please get changed into your outfits!"  The photographer asked.

Na Eun ran to Cheondoong as he was about to enter his dressing room tent.

"Just telling you.  I talked to Jaejoong and looks like he and Kyung mi are really in love.. So i dont know what she told you. but she probably lied."  Na Eun sighed, "Figures... A fox like her WOULD do that.."  Cheondoong stalled for only a moment then walked to his tent.

"OPPA!"  She stomped her foot on the sand as someone called her.  Then she walked to her tent.

ON THE WAY:

Kyung mi sideglanced at Jaejoong who was driving.  She cleared before speaking, "Will this really work?"

"The commander said it would.  So it probably will."  He said not taking his eyes off the road.  She looked at him then looked back to the front, "But.. What if he misunderstands?"

"Why?  Do you care if he does?"  

"Well... Im afraid he might actually misunderstand that we're dating."  She said.

"Isnt that the whole point of this mission?  Or..."  Then he looked at her for a moment, then back at the road.

"Or do you actually have feelings for him?"

"N-No... I dont... This is for our country... I cant have feelings for him..."  She said, obviously not even believing herself.  

Jaejoong didnt believe her but decided not to press any further and just continued driving on.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Perfect!"  The photographer said as he finished the individual photoshoot of Na Eun.  

"Alright!  Cheondoong-sshi!  Your turn!"  Na Eun ran towards him

"Good luck oppa!"  He avoided her then walked towards the area.

She smiled despite that and cheered him on.

There was a random girl doing the shoot with him.  Then, out of the rocks of the beach, Kyung mi and Jaejoong showed up in their comfortable beach outfits (KYUNG MI:http://data.whicdn.com/images/11490668/tumblr_lnogfriEWP1qeo03no1_500_thumb.png?1309621927; JAEJOONG: http://kliknewfashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/KappAhl-men-summer-fashion1.jpg)

Cheondoong noticed through his sunglasses and was not happy to see them.

"Tch... What are they doing here?"  Na Eun said annoyed.

"Alright... Lets look like we're having a good time..."  Jaejoong said.  She nodded then slightly giggled as he smiled.  Then they took a seat on a big rock near the photoshoot to make sure Cheondoong would be able to see them.

Cheondoong tried to ignore them and smiled for the shoot.

"Now... I shall put my arm around you."  Jaejoong said for a forewarning.  Kyung mi nodded, then Jaejoong put his arm around her shoulders, although it was awkward Cheondoong didnt notice.  He was too angry.

"Those..."  Cheondoong muttered as he stopped smiling and kept looking at them.

"Cheondoong-sshi!  You look angry!  Smile!!"  The photographer reminded him.  Then he nodded at the photographer and tried to smile, but was failing miserably.

"Then... I will put my head on your shoulder now."  Kyung mi said.  Then she slowly put her head on Jaejoong's shoulder.

"Yah-aishh... That girl..."  Cheondoong stopped smiling again and was looking angrier.

"Cheondoong-sshi!  Smile!!"  Cheondoong tried to smile but it was getting harder and harder to.

"Now.. We shall march back to the shore."  Jaejoong said as Kyung mi nodded.  They both got up and walked to the shore, with Jaejoong's arm around her shoulders.

Cheondoong cursed under his breath.

"Cheondoong-sshi!"  Cheondoong got the memo and smiled, although his mind was still on Jaejoong and Kyung mi.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was now night and Jaejoong was bringing over apple cider to Kyung mi's hotel room.  

Na Eun walked up to him, blocking his way.

"Yah.. Why did you bring her here?  I thought i said to keep her away from Cheondoong!"  She said, with her arms crossed.

"We needed a vacation.. And we both thought of Jejudo."  Jaejoong simply said.

"If you keep bringing her near Cheondoong... I'll fire you."  She pointed her finger at him.

"I dont really think thats your choice.  And besides.. She's already with me.. Does it matter if shes near Cheondoong?  And also.  It would be easier for him to forget her since he sees that shes with someone already.  Which is good for you."  Then he slightly bowed and walked past her.

"Yah!"  She turned around, "WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!"  He turned around putting up the apple cider, "To Kyung mi's room."

Then he walked away.  Na Eun huffed and then walked to find Cheondoong.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheondoong was sitting alone on a bench outside thinking about how happy Kyung mi was with Jaejoong.  He shook his head, "What's wrong with me?... "  Then Na Eun came over to him.

"There you are.  What are you doing alone?...... Dont tell me... Are you thinking about Kyung mi?"  Na Eun asked eyeing him suspiciously.

"Why would i be doing that?"  He said not looking at her.

"Well if you arent thats good."  She comfortably sat down and looked up at the sky, "Besides i saw Jaejoong going to her room right before so i think he's spending the night."

"WHAT?!"  Cheondoong turned to her.

"What?"  She asked, confused.

Then he thought for a moment, "Actually.... I think that girl didnt lock the door to my condo before she left.... yeah..."  He said trying to find an excuse.

"What?"  Now Na Eun was really confused.  Cheondoong then stood up then walked away.

"YAH!! Where are you going?!"  Na Eun yelled.  She sighed and pouted.  Then she walked after him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Dont be so nervous."  Jaejoong said.

Kyung mi nodded, looking at her cup of cider on the table.

"We just have to wait for him to come.. Once he does... We'll know that he truly likes you."  Jaejoong said, looking at her, even though it slightly broke his heart to say so.

Kyung mi slowly nodded.  Jaejoong then took a small sip and put the cup on the table.

Suddenly there was banging on the door of the room.  They both looked up surprised.

"YAH!  CHOI KYUNG MI!  I KNOW YOU'RE IN HERE!  GET OUT NOW!! YAH!!"  Cheondoong kept knocking on the door.  Kyung mi was about to go and open it but Jaejoong grabbed her wrist.

She looked at him in shock.  

"Kyung mi-sshi... Dont misunderstand what i'm about to do."  Jaejoong said.  She was confused but then he suddenly grabbed her head in his hands and kissed her.  

Cheondoong then broke into the room and widened his eyes at what he saw.  He then turned angry and walked over to them, pulling them apart.  Then he punched Jaejoong in the face and grabbed Kyung mi's wrist, pulling her away.

Jaejoong recovered and went over to Cheondoong, grabbing his shoulder.  Once Cheondoong turned around to face him, Jaejoong punched him back.  Then they started fighting with Kyung mi standing there not knowing what to do.

Na Eun then appeared through the doorway and widened her eyes at them fighting.  She bit her bottom lip, glared at Kyung mi and then walked away angrily.

Once she was outside she stopped and huffed in frustration, "Why does everyone like Kyung mi?!"  Then she continued walking to her hotel room.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyung mi and Jaejoong were both outside sitting on the bench after the fight.  Jaejoong had a bruise on his cheek and his lip was bloody.

Kyung mi looked at his lip with worry, "Why did you take it that far?... You wouldnt have gotten hurt."  She lifted her hand and slightly touched his lip.  Jaejoong flinched and slightly blushed at her touch but she didnt notice.  Jaejoong then cleared his throat and she dropped her hand, looking at him.

"Well... Now we know for sure..."  He looked into her eyes, "He likes you."

Kyung mi couldnt say anything.

"And the question is... Do you like him back?.... Truly.."  He didnt look away.  Kyung mi gazed into his eyes and then suddenly looked away.

"D-Dont be ridiculous... All of this was for the purpose to have him like me.  I have no feelings for him."  She said looking down at her knees.

"Then thats good."  Jaejoong said and looked up at the sky.  They sat there in silence, but what they didnt know was that someone was recording this whole thing.. And it was Cheondoong.  He stopped recording and looked at them, feeling extremely hurt and betrayed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Jejudo, Cheondoong and Kyung mi went back to the condo.  It was nearing night and Kyung mi was in her room while Cheondoong was at the playground on the swing.  He was thinking hard for a moment then decided to call up Kyung mi.

Kyung mi was in her room and thought about what Jaejoong said, "Do you like him back?.. Truly..."  She shook her head.

"Am i crazy?... Why would i like him?..."  Kyung mi muttered to herself.  Then her phone rang and she picked it up.

"Come over to the playground."  Cheondoong simply said.

"Ah... Yes..."  Kyung mi said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Is there something you need?"  Kyung mi asked as she went to the playground to find Cheondoong on the swing.  She took the seat next to him.

He looked up at her eyes and she couldnt tear away from his gaze.  She felt her face getting hot.

"Kyung mi.... Let's get married."  She widened her eyes at his sudden reply.  He then got out a box with a ring in it.

"I love you... and i dont think i can wait.. so lets get married."  He said seriously.

Kyung mi was speechless and then a few seconds later Cheondoong spoke again.

"You thought i would say this?"  She was confused.

He closed the box and looked at her for a moment, then he reached into his pocket and got out his phone.  He pressed some buttons and then showed the phone to Kyung mi.

"D-Dont be ridiculous... All of this was for the purpose of him to like me... I have no feelings for him."  Kyung mi widened her eyes as she saw her and Jaejoong on the bench.  The conversation they had last night.

"Youve been caught."  Cheondoong said still looking at her.

She looked up at him, her eyes still widened.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------