VEER: Sequel

VEER

 

 

HEEIII. Em Back.

ALERT!

Well, If I receive a good response to this sequel, I might make a prologue or extend another chapter. :D

SO- COMMENT, UPVOTE AND love me SUBSCRIBE!

 


 

 

"Okay, okay, I got it Sir. Don’t forget to breathe.” Hyoyeon calms her boss who has been a nervous wreck the past days about a new project their group was given by the Board of Directors, being in the work for 4 years now; she is now one of the trusted employees given by her great performance as a writer that still continues to grow each day. “Let me remind you Sir of your presentation the day after today, it’s the initial plan for this project, don’t worry I’ll take the notes for their recommendations… okay, take care Sir, Good day.” Ending the call with a sigh, Hyo can only run her fingers in her hair as she sips on the caramel latte while doing her papers on the café just a few blocks from her apartment.

 

After a few hours, she was startled by the alarm on her phone.

“Time to take the medicine.” She thought and pulled out a white transparent bottle from her bag and swallows two pills.

 

Even though years already came from her terrible and unforgettable nightmare by the hands of Chanyeol, together with Kyungsoo and her family, Hyoyeon’s been working hard to continue a normal and peaceful life.

 

After drinking a bit of water, she suddenly shivers as she remembers the napkin that triggered some nightmares again in her sleep.

 

I’m back to get you- Chanyeol,

 

“No, no. There’s no way he will find me, I’m moved to a different city, heck even to a different country to start anew. There’s no way he will find me.” She comforts herself as she tugs more on the jacket she’s wearing when it continued to rain.

 

Rain.

 

It was the last thing Hyoyeon saw when someone abducted her and kidnapped her away. The last thing that reminds her of the normal life she had, until Chanyeol took her everything and twisted them to his fingers.

 

Gulping down the last drop of her drink, Hyoyeon arranged her things already and went out of the café. As she picks up a taxi, she wants to go home immediately to her new apartment with her Aunt and texts Kyungsoo if the deadline could be pushed to 3 more days.

 

After the incident in the café a few months back, without telling her aunt about it, she suddenly bought a new apartment and they moved without questions just tension filling every corner of the room as they pack their belongings with Hyoyeon planning to start a few things of her life over again.

 

Sighing, she lets her mind rest for a minute before she overthinks again and may hyperventilate inside the taxi.

 

A certain ring startled her, and she picks up the call.

“Hello?” She wanders when the caller indicated no name.

A long inhale and a sigh came from the other line. Biting her lips, she tried to end the call when the other finally answered.

 

 

I missed your voice.” A deep voice resonated in her ears and she began sweating as she remembers the owner of that baritone voice.

 

Quickly shutting off her phone, tears are now threatening to escape from her eyes as she saw the familiar building and told the driver the drop her off there.

 

 

When the elevator finally opened, her knees finally buckled down as she slides off the metal walls.

“This can’t be. No.no please.”  She mutters, getting a weird look from an old lady taking the same elevator too.

When the floor to her apartment came, she run to her door and fumbles with the key as she knocks at the same time, alerting her Auntie taking a nap in the afternoon.

 

“Hyoyeon?” She asks when the blonde simply pushed her bag to the floor and plumps down on the sofa on their living room.

 

“What’s wrong? Did something at work happen?” Her aunt swiped the messy tangles of blonde strands off her forehead, cupping up her niece’s face, she began to worry more and more when Hyo doesn’t answer and just keeps on closing her eyes, preventing the tears to flow.

 

“Hey, hey, sweetie, tell me what’s wrong so I can help you settle it.” She calms her down and hugs the blonde as Hyo finally sobbed and hiccups were the only sound in the room.

 

“Auntie.. he-he called m-me..I don’t know how he got my number.. it’s.. ” She said while crying, already knowing who could the person possibly be, she hugged her niece closer and ushers her to calm down.

 

“It’s okay, we’ll go to the police tomorrow to track down the call and have them alarmed about that person, understand?” She reassured Hyo.

 

“It’s-it’s not okay! I.. I know him, he won’t stop Auntie.. h-he will pull me down away from everything again. I’m so scared.” She whispers the last part as he clings tighter to the hug.

 

Closing the door to her bedroom, Hyoyeon’s aunt can only sigh at the now sleeping form of her niece as she goes back to her own room that’s practically her own office too, settling it into their home so that she can be with Hyoyeon more as the blonde’s also works at home.

 

Sitting down on a chair, she massages her forehead at the sudden occurrence. Then she pulls out a green-box under her table. The said box was delivered on their front door when she heard a knock earlier on their apartment. As she opened the door, it was only this box on the ground with the recipient written on the top of it with Hyoyeon’s name on a handwritten cursive. She was about to give it to her niece but at the situation earlier, she decided not to.

 

Examining the box, she heard something it. Fighting off the feeling of guilt, she picked up a cutter and placed the box on top of her table.

 

Huffing some air, she cut the green box open layer by layer of the cover. When the lid of the box came to view, she places down the cutter and braces herself.

 

 

 

As the cold wind blows through her room, Hyoyeon groans as she opens one eye and peeks around her room. Wondering why it was so cold, she notices an open window and sleepily went to close it, she was about to touch the window, she heard a whistle down on the road and gazes down.

 

There was a black expensive-looking car just down her apartment with a window down, but the night’s dimness is preventing Hyo to see the man with his long arms peeking out the window while holding a cigar.

Her eyes squinted to see a better look but gasped when the said man fished out from his pocket a key with a familiar keychain attached to it. The spare key to Hyoyeon’s apartment.

 

Immediately shutting the window closed, she jumped in surprise again when a knock and the familiar voice of her Aunt came from the other side of the door.

 

“Hyoyeon’s can you please open the door? I have something to show you.” Her Aunt’s soft voice asked, and even of trembles are flowing through her skin, Hyo went to open it and stood infront of her Aunt.

 

“What is it Auntie?” She asked with a forced smile, still contemplating if she should tell her Aunt about the man on the black car. Her Aunt has so many things on her shoulders already, managing her own store and she still need to look out for her niece with a traumatizing past, plus her Aunt’s not young anymore, and needs some medical help too for her own help at her age.

 

Holding out a box in her hands, Hyo look at her Aunt and grabbed the box.

“It was delivered infront of our door earlier, I waited for you to go home but something happened so..” Hyoyeon winced at that, remembering it again.

 

“You know that we have a rule to not have secrets, right?” the blonde nods and her aunt opened the lid of the box.

 

Everything felt like in slow motion. The tears in her face are like stagnant; she slides off the doorframe as her whole body shivers. Her memories of her peaceful days after the living hell she had were slowly crashing down. Her head begun to throb, her Aunt kneels down beside her as she hugs Hyo so tight and does her best to fight off the urge to tear, she needs to be strong for them.

 

There on the floor, the box contains a pair of dancing shoes. The dancing shoes Hyoyeon was wearing when she was kidnapped, the shoes were still in the condition as the day Hyoyeon wore it for the last time. And on top of the shoes was a napkin from the café she went earlier to work at and it has something written on it.

 

“I missed you so bad. And I’m taking you back, Hyoyeon. Forever.”  And on the corner of the napkin is the man’s name she will hate as long as she lives.

 

 

-from your CHANYEOL.