First and Last Chapter

VEER

 

 

HYOYEON's POV

 


 

*Sigh* Is it already lunch? Gosh, I really need to go out and breathe fresh air. It's been weeks since the last time I've really walked or roamed a little in the street to relieve stress. Tsk, I still need to finish this one soon or else Kyungsoo would nag the heck out of me for million times again. How long has it been? 1..2..3..ah! 3 years. 3 years since I've been gone to that pit of hell. I would never ever go back there again.

 


 

Hyoyeon slips into her sneakers as she wears her hoodie and picked up her sunglasses, it's windy outside so she decided to wear her jacket and just let her straight hair the way it is. Carefully opening the door, she stretched her arms out before walking down the empty hall of her apartment. She's living with her aunt but she's on her work overseas and still have a week there, though it's a bit lonely since her Aunt practically raised her even only at the age of 23 when her Mother, her Aunt's older sister, passed away in an accident whilst she never met her Dad ever since she was born, her Aunt would call her everyday to check upon her and to remind to eat and sleep well in the midst of heavy work.

 

Hyoyeon is a writer but since she's now living in China, she's sending her work through e-mails. Thanks to Kyungsoo who didn't left her side though he can't go with her in China thus staying in South Korea but he told Hyo that he never lost hope for her, even  though that happened.

 

 

 


 

 

 

Plunging her headphones, Hyo sips into her coffee and continues to type down her nearing to end chapter of her current book.

"Argh. I thought I was going to relax but here I am, doing my work in my fave shop." she whines but is still typing down.

She received another message from Kyungsoo, her editor, about her deadline, which is actually in 3 days and she still have many chapters to go, sighing for hte nth time, she closed the message and decided to glu on her laptop while typing.

 

Looking in the window, it was a nice summer day despite the wind for Hyoyeon.

 

 

 

Until someone slides the chair away in front of her and sat on it with his wide smile. She was about to look in the person when the man quickly said.

"Just continue your work Ma'am I just need you to answer this survey we have for our Thesis. it's about a certain condition of a person that is hard to deal with" The man said and so Hyoyeon obliged since it's necessay for her.

 

She plugged out one piece of the earphone to hear the man, making his voice blend with the music she's currently listening to.

 

"Go on." She encouraged and so the man cleared his throat and flipped the papers he's holding.

 

"#1. What do you think about obsessed people, Ma'am?" the man asked and Hyo's eye twitch. She exhales and said,

"I hate them. They're despiteful, they try to choke people down just because they want to."

She heard some pencil scribbling down what she said.

"Okay next, #2 Have you met a person with this personality?" Hyo's fingers stopped for a while and her heart beats faster, but she just kept her composure and continued her work again.

 

"I..I.. really.. N-no." She stuttered and little pearls of sweat are starting to form in her forehead. The guy raised a brow and asked if she's really telling the truth.

 

Then a waiter placed down a hot chocolate down in her table but Hyo didn't noticed it as different thoughts cloud in her mind.

 

"Yes.." She only mumbles.

 

Then an eeering silence that took over them. Hyo's hands can't move anymore as the past reminisced in her mind.

 

 

 

 

 

4 years ago, Hyoyeon was kidnapped in the middle of the night as she was about to go home after her club practice. it was supposed to be the same quiet night, a 15-minute walk to home while listening to songs in her MP3, Hyoyeon was listening to her fave upbeat song, until she was grabbed as she turns to a corner and a clothe was placed in and nose making her dizzy and fall asleep.

 

And then she just woke up with a chain in her right foot in a big white room with a king size bed she's currently lying on, a small yellow table beside the bed and a brown cupboard in the far left side in the room. Then she met a man who kidnapped her, a man who's known in the underground business and wihtout her realization came up with his obsession about her as she passes everyday in a street and stopping in front of a large tree few meters away from a huge white mansion while doing little moves she learns in her club practices. Then she was held captived for 3 years and she would never forget that place, the place where she was harrassed, abused, kept away from her friends and families and traumatized her, by a man whose name she tried to forget from the past 3 years. It was only a fated day when she planned on hitting one of the guards who would walk inside her room to bring food then leave fast or picked up her plates and she managed to escape since the man who captivated her was away at the moment and it was night making most of the workers sleeping.

 

She sobs down as she stumbles in an empty street, and luckily, a good man found her as she screams for help, and it was Kyungsoo who also helped her up to find her Aunt who never stopped believing she was still alive in those 3 years, she went under some therapy to forget what happened or at least lessen the trauma she gained. The polices failed to get to the man, Hyo's captivator since there was no much evidence in the said house and the people there, including the said man had to flew away to some other country, but deep inside, Hyo knows why, because the man is too powerful to be handled and accused. But here now, she's now a writer and with a new life, but here goes this man who came to ask her these questions she's trying to avoid to be reminded of that horrible past.

 

 

 

 

 

Who is he anyway?

 

 

 

 

Then she paused.

 

 

 

It couldn't be.

 

 

 

 

Then Hyo gulped down and stopped whatever she was doing, then she closed her laptop and took out the remaining part of her earphone. Then she slowly lifted her head and widens her eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Kyungsoo!" She exclaims and the said man quickly pulled her into a tight hug.

 

Then they both pulled away and giggled.

 

"I thought you're still in Korea?" Hyo asked, Kyungsoo just shrugged and told her that he was taking a break and so is Hyo's deadline, smilling widely, Hyo tahnked Kyungsoo and the latter only patted her head.

 

"Do you want some bubble tea?" Kyungsoo offered and Hyo nods like a little kid. Then they both packed Hyo's things but Hyo noticed the hot chocolate and took a sip but a few drops landed on her shirt making her hiss and picked up the tissue with the hot chocolate.

 

Then they went out of the shop while Hyoyeon's still wiping her shirt. They waited for the bus and Hyo finally gave up in her shirt and was about to throw away the tissue when she saw something written on it.

 

"Hyo! The bus is already here!" Kyungsoo called as he nears the bus' door but Hyo's not moving in her spot so Kyungsoo went to her.

 

"Are you okay?!" Kyungsoo shouted at the now pale Hyoyeon, few streaks of tears flowing down in her eyes and she clutches the tissue in her hand.

 

Kyungsoo looked down in her shaking hands as Hyo held out the tissue.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm back to get you..." It says.

 

 

and down the right corner of the tissue has a name that both of them would never forget.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol.

 

 

 

unedited.

 


 

Okay I lied, it's a oneshot, not a drabble.

 

1393 words.

 

So. You guys liked it?