Where I Met Him

Where I Met Him

Chaerin sat down in the booth grasping her coffee tightly. Its been 2 years since he left, yet he still encircled her brain. Chaerin whift the scent of the caramel rising. The distance chatter in the coffee shop was peaceful and relaxing. Her phone silently vibrated.

 

From: Mom

To: Chaerin

Come home for dinner tonight^^

 

From: Chaerin

To: Mom

Will do~

 

Chaerin lightly sighed and she took a sip of her coffee.The ringing bell on the opening door became a familiar rhythm. She stared out of the window at the people passing by. She saw a young couple swinging something between them as they walked. Chaerin grinned as she saw little legs begin to walk. The couple looked down at their son with wide smiles. Their laughter was audible into the shop.

Chaerin stood up thinking she spent enough time in the coffee shop for today. Opening the door and stepping outside felt like a new beginning as she took a deep breath. She started down the sidewalk not sure where to go. Her body followed her footsteps all the way to the park. Chaerin sat on the familiar bench in front of the pond. She thought about all the memories held on that park bench.

Their first meeting. Their first date. Their first kiss. Their break up.

Chaerin leaned back suddenly feeling exhausted. She placed her hand over her eyes to block the sun as she yawned. Chaerin began to doze off when a voice interrupted her. “Do you mind if I sit here?” It was a male. His voice reminded her of soothing chocolate.  Without moving her hand she said, “Its fine with me.” Chaerin politely grinned. If she could rate a man on his voice from 1 to 10, this man would get a 100. His voice reminded her of him. “By the way. I’m Kris,” he said as he smiled to himself. “My name is Chaerin.”

Chaerin and Kris conversed till the sun began setting. It wasn’t until Kris said he had to go when Chaerin realized she hadn’t seen his face. “Wait!” She managed, but Kris was already far. She watched his back walk away. Chaerin could only make note to his light brown hair, soothing voice, and tall figure.

Her phone began to ring. “Hey, what’s up?” “Are you on your way? Its past dinner time!” Chaerin’s mother yelled. “Okay okay! I’m coming,” she got up and started to her mom’s house. “I met a guy today… I think he’s perfect,” Chaerin blushed to herself.

Arriving home, Chaerin slipped off her shoes noticing the unusually loud conversations held in kitchen. “Ahh~! Darling, you’re here now,” Her mom came running to get her. “Darling?” Chaerin mumbled as her mom dragged her into the kitchen. Her family was sitting at the table but there were 3 unfamiliar faces. A man well in his 50s and a lady about his age. There was someone else too; a man about Chaerin’s age. He immediately stood up. “Uh.. Hello, I’m Kris,” he said in that familiar voice. Chaerin’s voice was engulfed in a confused look as she realized how tall he was. She could only stare at him as his voice lingered in her ears. “I’m so sorry. Please excuse her,” her mom nudged her. “I’m sorry. My name is Chaerin,” she bowed with a wide smile. Kris stared at Chaerin.

They’re future flashing before her eyes.


Sorry this fluff is really short. Its taking me forever to upload another chapter. Im just really lazy and bored of it. I began another story. I might upload it after i write the whole thing. <3333