chapter 4

When Exo's unicorn needs a unicorn

 

They sat like that for another minute or so which was all either of them dared. Suho was the first to pull away and lay reluctantly lifted his head off his shoulder. 

" do you wanna watch a movie? we still have plenty of food and the others wont be back for a while.Kai is practicing with taemin and  Kris called and said they were all out shopping so they could be a while" suho asked looking over at lay who was eyeing a thing of cookies on the table. 

"Yeah sure" he said as he ripped them open and stuffed one in his mout immediately picking up another. Man he loved junk food. 

Suho got up and put in a movie. He didnt have to worry about lay wanting to watch a scary movie like he did with the rest of the members. He chose a random one and put it in. He didnt really care what they watched as long as he got to be with lay ( as long as it wasnt scary). 

He walked back to the couch and sat back down as lay grabbed one of the throw pillows and laid it next to suho's lap and snuggled into it. Suho smiled down at their adorable unicorn and laid is arm around lay's shoulder. Lay looked up at him, flashed him a sweet smile as a rosy tint appeared on his cheaks and scooted is pillow closer to suho and propped it up against his legs so that his head was almost in his lap. Suho didnt know why lay even needed the pillow but he wasnt about to take it from him. He wasnt that brave. He was surprised lay couldnt here the way his heart was beating. It felt like someone was playing the drums against his chest. Lay was practically laying in his lap. The butterflies wouldnt stop. This was just too perfect. 

Lay's heart was beating so fast you would have thought he just finished a performance. He was hyper-aware of suho's arm around his shoulder and the fact that he was pretty much laying in his lap. His palms here starting to get sweaty and he had no idea what was going on in the movie though he thought he recognized Rain at one point. Is this ok? Is suho creeped out that he is laying in his lap like this? He must not be since he put his arm around his shoulder. But he was sure that he would do that with  any of them. Suddenly he felt a gentle hand run through his hair and he froze. What was suho doing? Trying to give him a heart attack? But at the same time it felt so good! He sighed and snuggled closer to suho's torso as suho continued to run his finger's through his hair. 

Suho didnt think before he ran his finger's through lay's hair. He did it before he even realized what he was doing. He really just wanted to comfort him. He almost stopped when he felt him freeze under his hand. Had he gone too far? was he uncomfortable? But then he sighed and scooted closer to suho and he knew it was ok. He loved this man so much. If he could he would never let this moment end. Suddenly he got the urge to tell him how he felt about him. How he has pretty much always felt about him. He knew he could get rejected, but he really didnt think lay would be grossed out or anything, i mean he was ok with taemin and kai, even if they werent official yet. And he had been letting sehun cling to him lately. He frowned when he thought about that. Clingy maknae, ugh. Never the less he didnt think lay would be grossed out or anything. But what if he got rejected? would that make things awkward? He didnt want to make things awkwards but at the same time he loved him so much that he felt it wasnt fair to either of them for him not to tell him. Not fair to himself because he would always be left with " what if" and not fair to lay because he deserved to know that there was someone who loved him with all his heart. He didnt realize that his internal battle had caused his hand to stop running through lay's hair until he felt lay's soft fingers intertwine with his own. 

" suho hyung is something wrong"? lay asked, worry etched across his face.

suho took in a deep breath, looked lay in his gorgeous brown eyes and decided it was now or never. 

" lay...can i.. i have.. something i w..want to tell you" suho stuttered but never broke eye contact. He figured if he allowed himself to look away he would chicken out.

" what is it hyung" lay said as he sat up next to suho, not untangling their fingers. His brows were furrowed and he was  genuinly worried for his leaders. Suho's face had gotten kinda pale. 

" I... lay I..I um.." suho stumbled over his words not sure how he wanted to say this. Just then lay gave him a small encouraging smile that showed off his deep dimple and it sent suho over the edge. Right then he decided action speak louder than words so he brought the hand that was not interlocked with lay's up to gently clasp his chin and planted a softer gentle kiss on the dancer's lips. That kiss held everything suho couldnt make his mouth say. And as he felt lay kiss him back he knew the unicorn got the message loud and clear. 

Lay was not prepared for that. He did not expect suho to kiss him. He was shocked to say the least but when his brain caught up to the situation he brought his free hand up to cover suho's hand that had slid to cup lay's cheek and softly kissed him back fluttering his eyes closed. Both men pulled away at the same time with matching deep blushes on their faces. 

" yixing I" suho began to stutter again but lay brought one soft finger to suho's lips to stop him from the embarrassment of trying to say it again. He knew what he was trying to say.

" I love you too joonmyeon." lay said as brought his hands up to cup either side of suho's neck and rest his forehead against his and closed his eyes. 

Suho gasped. He hadnt expected this. He figured lay got the message but he didnt really expect him to return his feelings. Suho had never felt so happy in his entire life. Not when they debuted, not when they won their first award, never. His heart was soaring and the fact the lay felt the same way made tears spill out of suho's eyes. He sniffed and lay's eyes popped open.

"Whats wrong suho?" he said worriedly

"H-happy t-tears" was all suho was able to choke out 

Lay pulled suho into a tight hug and kissed the tears off his face. Tears threatened to spill out of his eyes as well. How had this happened? Wasnt he just wondering if he would ever confess to suho. And now he had not only confessed to suho but he loved him too AND he had shared his first real kiss with him. Sehun totally doesnt count. 

" i have loved you for a long time lay. i was just so afraid to tell you. you just have no idea.."

" i do. I know. I feel the same way. for as long as i can remember. but i never thought..." his words were cut off when suho brought there lips together again. This kiss was filled with passion and longing. It was a kiss that was long overdue. 

When both their lungs were screaming at them for air they broke the kiss. Lay laid back down on the couch, this time gently pulling suho down to lay in his arms. He reconnected their lips is he placed his hand on the back of suho's head deepening the kiss. When he thought it was ok suho lay's bottom lip softly asking for entrance which lay didnt hesitate to grant him. Suho rested both hand on lay's firm chest as he lost the fight for dominance in lay's mouth. Lay slightly repositioned himself as the arm he was laying on was going numb but he did want to break their kiss. He slid his arm out to provide a pillow for suho's head, and so he could regain feeling and brought his other hand to rest on suho's hip and gently pull him closer. When their bodies made contact they both felt the other's bulge in their pants. This was not the time for that and they both new it. They broke their kiss and suho rested his head on lays arm and looked into his eyes ans he rand his knuckles down his smooth cheeks. 

"mine?" he asked with a small smile playing on his swollen lips. Lay reached up and caught suho's hand and placed a wet kiss on the palm of his hand. 

"yours" he said as he placed suho's palm over his own rapidly beating heart causing a teary smile to spread across his face.