Chapter 2

When Exo's unicorn needs a unicorn

(Lay's pov)

The music pounded through the practice room as Kai and Lay went through the choreography to Two Moons for the billionth time today. They didn'nt need the practice, though both boys would argue that they needed it because of one minor reason or another. No one could ever say they did'nt work hard on developing their skills. On top of which they both genuinly loved to dance. It was like ingrained in their DNA. When Lay heard music his entire demeanor changed. It was like someone flipped a switch and he moved to the beat with ease. And when he and Kai were dancing together they were an unstoppable force.  The song ended and the two boys dropped into their final pose, sweat pouring down their faces and glistening off their exposed skin under the lights of the practice room, a triumphant smile on both their faces. Kai turned off the sound system and the two of them walked over to the benches in search of their water bottles. Lay picked his up and drained half of it down his dry throat in record time. He picked up his towel to wipe his forehead and slumped onto the bench next to his bag while he waited for his heart to slow down to a normal rhythm. He leaned his damp back against the cool wall and closed his eyes sighing at the feeling on his heated skin. He felt rather than seen Kai sit next to him on the other side of his bag and he slowly opened his eyes to look at him. Kai was hunched forward, elbows on his knees, sweat dripping off his forehead with his towel slung around his neck. He always over did it, they both did. They strived to be perfect for their fans. Lay wanted to feel worthy of the adoration that they constantly recieved from fans all over the world so he pushed himself, never giving up or slowing down. Though his back had been screaming at him lately. He did'nt care, his fans meant the world to him and s depended on eachother and that meant him as well. Just then he heard his phone vibrating from somewhere in his bag and he half heartedly fished his hand inside in search of it. He pulled it out and immediately sat up when he saw the person callling was Suho. A small smile brushed his lips as he answered the phone. 

"Hello. Suho?" lay said, as if he DIDNT know who was calling him and mentally face palmed himself. 

"Lay what are you up to right now?" suho asked. Lay thought he heard a hint of worry in his leader's voice.

" Im practicing with Kai. Why, is something wrong?"

"No not really. I was just wondering if you would mind coming home early. I am here by myself and we havent gotten to spend time together in a while" Suho said. 

Lay couldnt help the smile that burst onto his face. Of course he would come home and spend time with suho! But what about Kai? He glanced sideways and his eyes met Kai's, he had apparently heard both ends of the conversation. 

" Dont worry hyung, im not done practicing and Taemin is coming in a little bit to practice too. You go on home" he said with a knowing smile. 

"alright, i will see you in a little bit then suho, im just gonna shower and then I will be on my way home" he said before he hung up the phone. 

"I will see you at home Kai. Tell Taemin I said hello for me" Lay said as he stuck his phone back in his bag and pulled out his clean clothes.

" Bye hyung. Have fun." kai smirked as he glanced up at lay from his own phone pressing send on a text that was more than likely going to Taemin. Kai wasnt stupid, he knew how the leader felt about the unicorn, nobody else did, but Kai knew. After all Kai had been head over heels for Taemin for as long as he could remember, he knew what hidden feelings looked like.  It seemed apparent to Kai that Lay was harboring some feelings for their leader as well, though about that Kai couldnt be sure. 

"I-um ok. Bye Kai" Lay replied with a confused look on his face as he popped up off the bench and almost sprinted in the direction of the showers. Lay couldnt shower fast enough. He wanted to get out of there so he could get home to Suho before someone came home and he missed his chance. But he also didnt want to be around when Taemin showed up and he and Kai started making goo-goo eyes at eachother. Seriously it was like somone needed to put a neon sign around one of their necks that read I AM IN LOVE WITH YOU. Neither one of them seemed to get it, or they werent willing to admit it. Whatever the case Lay had an opportunity to spend some quality time with Suho and he didnt want to miss more of it than was absolutely necessary. Lay couldnt criticize taemin and kai too much, since the truth was he had some secret feelings of his own. For the longest time Lay had been completely in love with their leader. He loved everything about him. He loved how he never failed to take care of each one of the members, and with eleven of them other than himself that couldnt have been easy. He had Kris to help but kris was.. well kris. He meant well, he wasnt a bad guy but he still wasnt any help to suho. On top of how caring he was to the others suho was very determined, he worked hard at whatever he set his mind to and Lay loved that. He also loved to listen to suho sing. He really didnt understand why SM didnt give their leader more lines. Lay thought suho had the voice of an angel. He also thought suho was one of the most beautiful people he had ever met. All the fangirls screamed over kris but lay only had eyes for suho. His beautiful almond shaped eyes, flawless milky skin and absolutley gorgeous smile. And when suho got emotional, or when he sang, his emotions were clearly displayed on his face and while the other members about it and tried to cover his face if it happened while they were on stage Lay thought that it was gorgeous. It was one of the things that made suho suho and in Lay's eyes suho was perfect. Of course he could never tell anyone any of this. He couldnt imagine what would happen if anyone ever found out. He couldnt bare to get ridiculed or worse... rejected. Sehun had been clinging to him lately so to hide his ever growing feelings for suho he had let him. He knew he shouldnt. He was positive that it was just the maknae being clingy and nothing more but sometimes he wondered. Like the peppero game. He really wanted suho to play that game with him but since tao had taken him, lay had chosen sehun. He wasnt expecting things to go the way that they did. But it was just a game and lay hoped sehun knew that. Lay sighed and turned off the water. He stepped out of the showerd, hastily dried himself off and put on black skinny jeans a black under shirt and a zip up hoodie and his Nikes. He checked himself in the mirror and touched the circles under his eyes that just wouldnt seem to go away lately. He shook his head and walked out of the bathroom back into the practice room. Taemin had arrived and as expected he and kai were like love struck teenagers. They barely noticed when Lay picked up his bag and said goodbye to them on his way out the door. He rolled his eyes and absentmindedly wondered if they would ever confess to eachother as he got into the van that was waiting outside. A thoughtful look crossed his face at the thought of taemin and kai confessing. Would HE ever confess his feelings? Could he? He shook his head at the thought. 

"Something wrong lay?" his manager asked startling lay as he had kinda forgot he was there.

"No hyung. just tired" was all he said as he stared out the window and imagined the beautiful smile that would most likely greet him when he got home.