Chapter 1

When Exo's unicorn needs a unicorn

(suho's pov)

Suho plopped down  and stretched his legs out down the length of the big  couch. Like he did every week, their manager had given him the recording of  Exo Showtime, that was to air this week, to preview. Usually at least a few members hung around to watch it with him but not this time. He supposed nobody really wanted to relive the embarrassment that this episode undoubtedly held. There was the vocal line's failed attempt at rapping ( there was a reason they held the positions that they did) and if that wasnt enough embarrassment, as all twelve of them were not there, there was always the "quiet game" fiasco.' Poor lay' suho thought to himself as he smiled at the memory. Their unicorn had no idea what was going on and suho could do nothing to help him. To be fair, Kris did not know what was going on either, but then again the dragon was almost always pretty clueless. Suho couldnt help but giggle to himself at how..he didnt want to call him stupid because that was rude and suho loved his co-leader( if you could even call him that) but stupid is really what he is. With a smile that held so much love for s suho picked up the remote and pressed play on the dvd player. 

 

After the opening talking about how hard the group worked ( which made suho teary. they all worked so hard and suho couldnt be prouder of each and every one of them) the episode began with Kai and Sehun in the practice room dancing. Suho had always admired the way that Kai and Lay danced. The were in complete control of their bodies and they moved with elegance and grace no matter what they were doing. " Our maknaes are growing up" he said to himself as Kai effortlessly decided how to choreograph the dance and he and  Sehun began  the steps to their song What is Love. While watching the maknae line dance his thoughts strayed back to Lay. He wondered where their unicorn was if not at dance practice. Truth be told, though suho could barely admit it to himself much less anyone else, suho would rather it had been Lay with Kai. Not that he minded Sehun but Lay just.. did something to the leader. The truth was Suho had been harboring feelings for the Chinese dancer for quite some time. He could'nt really say when or how it had happened, just over time he had fallen. Fallen for his soft voice, the way he sang,the way he danced, how passionate he is about what he does . He had fallen for his soft chocolate brown eyes and and that dimple that never failed to cause a smile to spread across his face and  sent his heart soaring. Most of all Suho had fallen for how compassionate, loving and pure Lay was. Lay was sweet and gentle and he genuinly loved his fans as well as s and he showed it in everything that he did. And then there was how air headed he could be. Suho found it to be one of the most adorable things in the world. Yeah, no doubt about it suho loved their healing unicorn though he would most likely never tell anyone. 

The episode continued and he watched as the others made him sing the song that basically got him to where he is today. A smile crept across his face as he thought about how far they had all come and how much everyone had improved. He honestly did'nt have much confidence in his own voice. He knew he was good but he did'nt think he could hold a candle to the likes of D.O and Luhan, though he knew their fans disagreed. And then there was Chen. Chen made everything look so easy. His voice was flawless and Suho had always admired him for it.Even when he luhan, D.O and Baekhyun sang Miracles in December  in chinese chen's voice was flawless, even if his pronounciation was a little off which luhan was all the happy to correct. After he watched their high note battle and their sad excuse for a low note battle which really was just them making burping noise suho saw Tao appear on the screan and he covered his face with both hands as an embarrassed giggle escaped his lips. He knew what was next. The vocal line was about to try their hand at rapping. His smile faded and his mouth set into a line as Chen raised his hand to say he was the best rapper in the vocal line. Suho remembered being slightly annoyed with Chen at that point. It was true that Chen was good at pretty much everything that he tried but he did'nt need to be so cocky about it.  He watched himself try to immitate Chanyeol's rap in Wolf and Suho could barely contain himself as he fell to his knees in front of the couch and clutched his sides as he laughed so hard he could hardly breath. He was well aware that he could NOT rap. The fans were going to enjoy that. He took a few deep breaths as he tried to regain his composure and stop his sides from aching. When he had calmed himself down he climbed back onto the couch and watched the rest of the pathetic rap battle. He almost lost it again when Kris went to rap in English only to switch  to korean, evidently without realizing it. "Kris you really are an idiot sometimes" suho said to himself between his giggles. He noiced how xiumin sat quietly by himself through all of this and made a mental note to ask him later if something was wrong. Probably not though, xiumin was just a quiet person. Their portion of the episode ended and the screen cut to show Lay and Chanyeol in a practice room with their guitars. Suho leaned forward, rested his elbow on his knee and placed his chin in his hand. A warm smile spread across his lips when lay appeared and he could feel the color rise in his cheeks as he listened to the unicorn and happy virus play their instruments. Suho found it hard to ignore the butterflies in his stomach. Lay was just so perfect. There was something off about him though. Suho noticed this as the camera zoomed in on his face. He had dark circles under his eyes and they had lost the sparkle Suho loved so much. He looked exhausted. Worry etched itself across Suho's face and his stomach twisted into knots replacing the butterflies. Then he and Chanyeol started talking, because apparently chanyeol noticed how odd lay was acting. Tears pricked his eyes as Suho listened to lay explain how unhappy he had been. Lay told chanyeol how his back and knees had been bothering him and how he had just been feeling blank but he worked hard anyway and suho wiped the corner of his eye to stop the tear that threatened to escape. He pressed stop on the dvd player not wanting to watch the rest of it. How did he miss this? How did he miss the change in Lay? They had been really busy lately and all twelve of them were tired. After all Suho DID have ten other members to look after besides Lay, not including himself. Regardless Suho couldnt help the guilt that welled up in his chest. He let out a heavy sigh, wiped his eyes one more time and picked up his phone to call Lay. He had to do something about this. He decided he was going to see if lay would come home early. He knew none of the other members would be back around for a while so he figured he could offer a shoulder or an ear to their unicorn, as he so clearly needed it, without being interrupted.  He felt a sense of responsibilty when one of s was feeling down and it just added to it that it was Lay. "Where did he say he was going?" Suho wondered outloud as he scrolled through his contacts to lay's number and pressed it. He sat back againts the couch, lifted his phone to his ear and waited for him to answer.