Chapter 3

When Exo's unicorn needs a unicorn

(Suho's pov)

Suho smiled as he hung up the phone. Some quiet quality time where they could talk is something he thought lay needed. He didnt plant to push anything, if lay didnt want to open up then suho would be fine with that. Suho glanced into the kitchen and had an idea. If lay had been at dance practice all this time he was probably starving and having some food ready would be a nice surprise. The problem was suho couldnt cook. At least nothing edible and it was highly probable that lay would come home to a smoke filled dorm if suho tried to cook with no one home to save him. Sighing and looking away from the kitchen suho settled back onto the couch. He had just picked up the tv remote when he had an idea. Lay likes junk food and they didnt have a schedule tomorrow so why not? He knew they werent technically supposed to, but what was the harm in them endulging in some snacks for one night right? 

" manager hyung is gonna yell at me for this" suho mumbled to himself as he slipped on an oversized sweatshirt, one of kris's ugly hats, his coat and a large scarf to cover his face. So many layers wouldnt be suspicious in winter.  The sun was beginning to set but it was still light outside and would be for a while and suho did not want to be recognized and held up by fans  while he went to the convenience store at the end of their block. He picked up his phone to check the time. Lay said he was gonna shower and that had been about fifteen minutes ago which meant suho had about twenty minutes or so before he would be home. Just enough time to walk to the store and back. On his way out the door he spotted a pair or sunglasses that chanyeol had probably left lying around and slipped them on his face just to be sure he wouldnt be recognized and headed out the door. 

(Lay's pov)

As they pulled up to their building lay worried that their manager would be hanging around and ruin him and suho's quality time. It didnt occur to him that Kai was still at  the SM building so the manager would need to go back and wait for him until he dropped lay off and pulled away from the curb and lay stared at the disappearing van wondering why their manager wasnt coming with him.

"OH KAI!" lay loudly exclaimed to himself when he finally got it. He smiled and shook his head at his own stupidity. At least now he knew he and suho would really be alone, provided nobody else decided to come back early. 

When he walked into their dorm he immediately spotted suho sitting on the couch absorbed in his phone. Lay took off his shoes and hung up his coat and dropped his bag next to his shoes. Xiumin would yell at him about it later but he didnt care. Suho was the only thing on his mind. He walked over and sat down next to suho on the couch. When he sat down suho jumped a little and looked up at him. When he realized who was sitting next to him he smiled so big it reached all the way to his eyes. Lay loved that smile. He couldnt help but return it with an equally big smile of his own. 

"Hi suho hyung" he said as he wrapped his arms around his leader in a tight hug.

" hi lay. how was practice?" 

"it was..practice. taemin was there when i left" he said as he pulled away, the smile never leaving his face. 

" oh man, I am so sorry. i bet that was awkward" suho giggled. Everyone knew about taemin and kai. except taemin and kai. 

" no he got there as i was leaving. think those two will ever confess?" lay asked before he could stop himself. Then his heart skipped a beat when he realized what he said. He discovered a string on his pants that was suddenly extremely fascinating. He could feel his cheeks getting red at the thought of confessing even if they were just talking about taemin and kai. 

"I- i dont.. probably not" suho stuttered. What lay didnt see is that suho's face was just as red as lay's and he was pointlessly scrolling through his phone not looking at anything. Just avoiding looking at lay. Just then suho remembered the snacks he had bought for them. 

" are you hungry? I got us some food" he said as he got up and hurried into the kitchen to retrieve the grocery bags and the soda out of the refridgerator. He carried it all back into the living room and sat the six pack of coke down and  started unloading the bags of chips and cookies onto the coffee table. 

" won't we get in trouble?" he said eyes widening at suho's surprise. They hadnt been allowed to eat junk food in a long time. 

" well i figured its only me and you, we dont have a schedule tomorrow and it has been a while. so i decided it would be ok to indulge for just one night" he said taking his place next to lay and flashing him a smile. 

" if the leader says so" lay smiled reaching for the first thing he could get his hands on. 

(Nobody's pov)

Suho smiled at lay and picked up a bottle of coke and took a long drink. It felt good to be able to drink soda again. He glanced over at lay who was happily munching on a bag of chips oblivious to the leader staring at him. He took the opportunity to admire the dancer. Even casually dressed he was handsome. His hair unstyled and still a little damp. Suho loved those jeans. Every time he wore them he couldnt help but admire the way they hugged his thighs perfectly and showed off his . Suho's cheeks turned red at the thought and he picked up his bottle of coke before lay could notice his blushing. 

Lay couldnt believe suho had done all this for him. He was sure he would have done it for any of the members but he couldnt help but feel flattered. He glanced at suho as he was taking another long sip of his soda. Man, he must really miss soda. He has drank three fourths of that bottle within like ten minutes. 

" so suho hyung why did you want me to come home" lay asked in a nervous voice not looking suho in the eye.

" I told you i just wanted to spend some time with you while no one was here" he said putting the top back on his now almost empty soda bottle. Should he ask him is anything has been wrong? Or should he leave it alone? The purpose of asking him to come home had originally been because of how he looked in that episode of Exo Showtime after all. " and i.. i have noticed that you have been looking a little.. out of it lately and i um wanted to make sure that you were ok" he said looking him in the eye this time. 

" I have just been tired. and my back and knees have been bothering me lately thats all...we just havent had a break in so long and i just.. was startingto feel like a zombie." he said looking up at his leader through his lashes. He didnt want suho to worry about him. He had ten other people to worry about. Plus, it was suho and  he never wanted to make him worry. 

Suho wrapped his arm around lay's waist and pulled him closer to him on the couch. " why didnt you say something. I cant stop our busy schedules but i am always here for support yixing, you know that" he said smiling up at him.

Lay was surprised when he heard suho use his real name. He could feel the blush that crept across his cheeks as he looked into his leader's eyes. Those eyes that he loved so much. He slid his lower half forward on the couch so he would sink low enough to rest his head on suho's shoulder. This felt perfect. It felt right. For both of them. In that moment with suho's arm wrapped around lay's waist and lay's head on suho's shoulder they had both never been so happy. Lay looked up at suho and it was there again, that sparkle in his eye that caused the return of the butterflies.