chapter fourteen

Kris, It's Me!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Kris, It's Me! - Chapter Fourteen

The King stood up in disappointment as his younger son requested something he could obviously despise of. Disappearing into his room, Zitao sighed before walking into his room. Claire swam towards his him and grabbed his arm.

Zitao turned around and gawked when the princess was so close to him. His cheeks flushed a rosy pink color as his ears turned red, he bowed. “P-Princess!”

“What’s your plan? Why do you want us married?” Claire asked.

Joe walked over. “Gosh Claire, you’re scaring the kid.”

Zitao shyly drew his arm back. “Plan?”

“Why do you want us married? There’s gotta be a motive; your father obviously doesn’t want us together, so why would you agree to it?” Claire asked.

“Our kingdom is the lowest of the low; even if we’re royalty we’re the most neglected out of all the seas. Maybe it’s because we’re so cold and the other kingdoms won’t acknowledge us due to the icy image we have. Or maybe it’s because after the war, since your kingdom rose to the top, people would be embarrassed to look at us.” Zitao started.  “My father wanted to be raise to the top too, he hated the image society have of us…we’re failures in their eyes because of our rank and our failure to make up with the Atlantic.”

Joe raised an eyebrow. “I don’t see where this is going…”

“My father always wondered what it was like to be as famous as you guys, what was it like being on top? You’re the biggest kingdom out there, and I know if Kris marries you, he’ll at least be happy down here. We’ll get exposed to the seas, they’ll see that we’re able to even out our disputes and put our differences aside. I know there’s no chance of us rising to the top, but any rank is better than our rank.” Zitao said.

Claire pressed her lips together.

Joe looked at her and then back at Zitao. “Man I’m sorry this happened to you.” He said softly. “I know you wouldn’t like being at the bottom.”

Claire smacked his arm. “Oh my- Joe!”

Zitao chuckled and shook his head. “It’s okay, I hear that a lot…and only thing stopping my father is himself, he doesn’t know how to accept reality.” He sighed. “I hope everything works out.”

 

Meanwhile

“Would you like to come home? Honey this is your room.” His mother pushed a door open and led him into the master bedroom.

A giant blue calm shell sat in the corner of the room, seaweed decorated his walls and there was a coral reef sitti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter