chapter five

Kris, It's Me!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris, It's Me! - Chapter Five

I found myself at the cafe the next day. I sat down in front of Kris's friend, Chanyeol?

"Hi pretty, what can I get ya?" 

I smiled. "Fruit punch." 

Chanyeol grinned and winked at me. "It's on the house." 

I giggled. "Aw thanks." I looked over at Kris and chuckled harder. "Boy, it must to have to stand there for three hours. It's a hundred degrees today." 

Chanyeol set a glass of fruit punch in front of me. "Isn't it so wonderful here? The air conditioning feels so good I think I'll stay here all day."

I nodded. "No way in hell I'm going outside." 

Chanyeol grabbed a stool and sat in front of me, I could almost feel the jealous stares from the other girls in the room. I learned that Chanyeol normally didn't talk to girls because he wanted to, it was because he needed to; Kris's uncle was always so outgoing and had such a bright personality, so being that Chanyeol worked here; he had to be the same. 

But as for me, I was one of the girls he wanted to talk to.

"Do you like the water?" Chanyeol pointed to the bright blue ocean outside. "Kris surfs."

I nodded. "I know...I swim." 

"Are you good at it?"

I shrugged. "I suppose I am." 

"You can join the swim team once school starts." He suggested. "That means you don't need to take gym and you get to leave early for practice." 

"Ah...are you in any sport?" 

"Football, Park Chanyeol, quarterback." He flashed a smile and held up his ID card.

I chuckled. "That's cool. What about Kris?"

Chanyeol frowned. "Are you interested in Kris more than me?"

I stared at him with a poker face, how was I supposed to respond to that without offending any of them? 

He smiled and nudged me. "I'm joking!" 

"Ah..." 

"Kris is on the surfing team. He's the captain actually, he's won the most awards out of all the athletes in school." Chanyeol sighed in envy. "It's like he was made for the water."

I nodded. "I've seen him surf, it's pretty good." 

Chanyeol looked at his watch. "Hey, my shift's over in twenty minutes, wanna play in the water? On days like this, the water is ice cold while the sun's burning hot. Kinda weird but that's how the ocean works here."

I know...I was born in the ocean. I mentally thought to myself as I fumbled with my ring. "Uh, sure." I tugged on the strap of my bikini and prayed that my ring wouldn't fall off or something. 

"Kris ends in an hour, wanna wait for him or..." 

I looked around. "It's really hot...I don't think I wanna wait." I said sheepishly.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter