chapter eleven

Kris, It's Me!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris, It's Me! - Chapter Eleven

Claire sighed as she sat around in her palace; she stood on her tail and looked across the room to see the thrones her parents sat on. “…I’m gonna be sitting there soon with a stranger I’ll call my husband.” She whispered.

“Claire? Aigoo…Are you crying?” Joe walked in and stepped in front of her.

Claire chuckled and turned away. “Did you just say…aigoo?”

“I’ve been spending too much time with your mother, that woman…ugh, she kisses people so much.” He wrinkled his nose and touched his cheek. “Why the sad face? Did you really think that you’d end up with Kris?”

“It…But it always happens in the dramas…the humans always find a way and…there’s always a happy ending.” She mumbled. “I…I don’t think I can do this, marrying someone I don’t know? Joe, it doesn’t work that way. Marrying someone I don’t know so I could run a kingdom? I could run a kingdom with someone I love.”

Joe sighed. “Sorry honey bun, this is reality…Kris is human and you’re a mermaid, it won’t work.”

“Mermen don’t have tails, they have legs and they could breathe under water…Kris can breathe under water for a long time and he …he has legs.” Claire said.

Joe patted her shoulder. “Don’t get too paranoid now…”

She swam away. “Mother! Father!” Joe could hear her scream their names down the hall.

“Oh goodness, what is she thinking?” He asked.

 

Claire found her parents at a meeting with a wedding specialist. “Well what good timing? You’re here just in time, now tell me…would you like pink or red rose petals sprinkled down the aisle? I think pink would look gorgeous on the ocean floor.”

“Mom…I don’t want to get married.”

Her father gasped. “W-Why not?! What made you change your mind? You…You were always so excited to grow up and run this place, Claire, what happened?”

“I…I don’t want to marry someone that I’ve met two or three times. That’s not how true love works, I want to meet someone…and get to know them. I wanna spend time with that person so I get to know what their favorite food is…his favorite color, his likes and dislikes, his hobbies…I want to get to know that person inside and out…I want to fall in love for real, not through some dates my parents set up.”

“Claire! Your father and I met that way and we turned out fine.” Claire’s mother, the queen snapped.

“Of course you guys fell in love and got to know each other, it was a forced marriage and after spending time with each other…you obviously had to get to know each other. I don’t want to m,arry a man I don’t know then be forced to fall in love with him.”

Claire’s father wrinkled his nose. “Well the wedding is in two weeks; you won’t find a prince as good as Junmyeon.” He said. “Just deal with it, you can’t meet someone and fall in love in two weeks.”

“I already met someone and fell in love.” Claire whispered. “And no matter what it takes, I’ll make sure that I get to be happy with him…even if I have to live on land forever, I’ll do it.” She said before swimming away in anger.

“A human?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter