chapter six

Kris, It's Me!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris, It's Me! - Chapter Six .:. Play this .:.

“Hey…I’m sorry about earlier.” Eunmi came into my room. I looked up from my laptop and shrugged it off.

“It’s fine.”

“Don’t get mad at Joe…he just worries a lot.” Eunmi says.

I sit up. “I know.”

“You don’t have your pearl and you know you can’t become a queen without it, he’s just worried that you might fall in love with Kris, he’s a human.” Eunmi says as she takes a seat next to me. “Who ya talking to?”

I turned to her with rosy cheeks. “Kris…He’s really something isn’t he…”

 

Kris [8:45 pm]: My parents? Ah…I lost them at a very young age. We were on a cruise and there was a storm, the boat flipped over and I was the only survivor because a special someone saved me. If it wasn’t for her, I wouldn’t be alive. I told myself that I’d look for her, but I never found her. I guess I should stop right? Haha…what about you? Where are your parents from?

 

I nodded at the message and replied.

 

You [8:45 pm]: Seoul. Do you have a girlfriend?

 

Eunmi turned to me. “Wow…that’s really out of the blue.” She chuckled.

“We’re playing 21 questions since we’re trying to get to know each other better.”

She sighed. “Claire, we aren’t staying here forever you know? You have a kingdom to look after…you can’t stay in the human world forever.”

I nodded. “I know… I’ll cherish the time we have together even if it’s just a few months or even days; I’ll spend it all with Kris.”

“Claire…”

“Back in the sea, I’m forced to marry someone from a kingdom I don’t know of. I know I’m the princess of the pacific sea but…you know my parents, they’ve always wanted me to marry someone from the Indian Ocean…It’s not true love if it’s arranged right? I’ve always read those stories about humans who meet and fall in love. I’ll never be able to do that…Let me be happy with Kris even if it’s for a short time or else I’ll never know what it’s like to fall in love.”

Eunmi stayed silent as Kris replied.

 

Kris [8:47 pm]: Ah…girlfriend? Aw, I wish. I do have this girl in mind though…she’s really pretty and even if I only knew her for a short while, something tells me she’s the one. How about you? Do you have a boyfriend?

 

I smiled slightly. “What about that guy you met? Jongdae? Tell me about him.”  I said as I tapped my fingers along the keyboard to reply to Kris.

 

You [8:47 pm]: Oh, are you crushing? Tell her! You don’t even seem like a shy person.

You [8:47 pm]: Yeah, I have a boyfriend.

 

Eunmi sighs. “He tells me that people call him Chen and that he actually prefers being called Chen. But he tells me that I’m an exception because I make Jongdae sound so nice. He’s friends with Kris I think…yeah he is; he goes to the same school as us and he’s on the basket ball team at school. Jongdae’s really funny.”
“Ah…Look at you, so in love and what not…”

Eunmi nudged me. “I’m not in love!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter