chapter thirteen

Kris, It's Me!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Kris, It's Me! - Chapter Thirteen

“Ready?” Claire asked as she floated around in the pool. Chanyeol had convinced Jongdae to lend them his pool for a few hours; Jongdae was busy on a date with Eunmi anyway, what could go wrong?

Chanyeol too floated around with his floaties on in the deep end of the pool, he had his goggles on as well with his snorkeling mask. “Ready.”

Joe rolled his eyes, penguin Joe to be precise. “She wasn’t talking to you man.”

Kris nodded. “A-Alright.”

Claire held his hands and together they dunked their heads underwater.

Being his goggles were his wide eyes, Chanyeol looked at the two as he counted in his head.

The Kris struggled to keep his head underwater, his arms flailed as his face scrunched up. “I can’t breathe!” He said underwater.

Claire held onto his arms. “Yes you can…Kris look at me.”

Kris opened his eyes and calmly looked at Claire. “I’m breathing.” He whispered. “I’m really breathing.”

Claire nodded. “Yes you are.” She smiled. “Because you’re a prince, of the Antarctic sea…” She whispered.

 

Kris stood on the floor of the pool, his face contorted with fascination. “I…I can walk without floating away?” He whispered. Kris took a few steps on the floor of the pool. “…Amazing.” He whispered.

Penguin Joe giggled with his high pitched voice. “Hehehe, he’s so surprised. How cute.”

Chanyeol grinned cheekily. He stuck his head out of the water and said to himself “This is so cool.” Before sticking his head back into the water.

“Do you want to meet your parents?” Claire asked.

Kris stood there in silence before saying something. “Parents? My real parents?”

Claire stood on her tail. “Yes, your real parents.”

“They’re going to make me marry some other mermaid, aren’t they?”

Joe held his fin up. “Oh no no no, I made a deal with them.” He chirped. “I said I wouldn’t return you home unless they allow you to marry Claire. It’s Claire or nothing.” Joe said.

Kris nodded. “Alright then, I suppose I can go and see them.”

***

 

“Claire, I will never forgive you for this.” A dolphin version of Joe wrinkled his nose, well, mentally.

“Well Kris isn’t used to swimming this far.” Claire snapped.

Kris held onto Joe’s fin. “Thanks Joe.”

“Ugh, shut up…my poor fin.” He whimpered.

Claire turned around. “Joe I’m going to shove my fist so far up your-“

 

“Please keep going, beautiful.” Dolphin Joe tipped his nose down as a way of bowing down to her. “And please don’t shove your fist anywhere…Senpai please.”

Kris laughed. “I can get used to this!”

Joe sighed. “Don’t even think about it mister!”

When they got to the palace, Kris let go of Joe’s fin and set his legs on the ocean floor.

“Step closer.” Claire whispered.

Kris stepped foot into the palace, then he saw a bunch of bubbles and for a moment he couldn’t see anything but bubbles. Then he stepped back and gawked when he saw himself in the reflection. His blonde hair was slicked back, and he was wearing a white and gold blazer with what it looked like to be white jeans, or pants. Kris couldn’t tell; he was under water. He stared at his white shoes before looking back at the reflection; he then spotted the gold crowned on his head. “H-Huh?” Kris raised his eyebrow. “Whoa…I look…Wow…”

Claire swam over and eyed him from head to toe. “…”

“Speechless?” Kris chuckled, he held his arm out. “Come here.”

 

Joe changed back into his normal form so that the queen and king would recognize him. “Okay kiddos, this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter