Of Mistakes and Love Letters (2/2)

EXO Academy

When Jongin opened his eyes, he was in a brightly lit room and his arm is already casted. "Where…?"

"Oh, so you're finally awake!"

"J - Joonmyeon? What are you doing here? And where are we?" Jongin asked, confused. He tried sitting up but the jolt of pain from his arm prevented him to.

Joonmyeon pointed at someone sleeping in the sofa on the other side of the room, “Kyungsoo told me that someone needed help. So I rushed and helped out. I didn’t know it was you,” he sighed, “what did you do this time?”

Jongin didn’t answer, sighing while looking at Kyungsoo’s sleeping figure guiltily. Joonmyeon patted Jongin’s shoulder, smiling knowingly, “He’s a good guy, Jongin. Take good care of him, okay?”

Jongin widened his eyes at him. What the heck does my cousin mean by that?

In which, Joonmyeon rolled his eyes, “Oh, come on. You like him didn’t you?”

“W – What?!” the blushing Jongin shrieked which caused Kyungsoo to jump in surprise, making him fall from the sofa he is sleeping in.

The loud thud surprised the two, Joonmyeon dash quickly to help Kyungsoo. “You okay?” he asked.

Jongin doesn’t know why, but his chest ached as he noticed the blush at painted Kyungsoo’s cheeks when his cousin help him up to his feet. Kyungsoo smiling shyly at the other like they’re the only people in the world.

 

“—so, yeah, Jongin? Will you and Kyungsoo be fine even if I go out for a while? I need to settle some things in school. Apparently there’s a new student.” Joonmyeon’s voiced snapped Jongin out of his reverie.

“Y – Yeah, hyung. Go on ahead.”

Joonmyeon nodded and then turned to look at Kyungsoo, who blushed yet again, mouthing please look after him. And he's gone.

Now alone in the room, they are surrounded by an awkward silence. Both of them don’t know what to do.

“H – Hey—

“I’msosorrythatIdidthatpleaseforgivemeIwoulddoanything!”

Jongin raised his brow to Kyungsoo who is bowing 90° in front of him. “U – Um… come again? I seriously didn’t understand a thing you just said.”

Kyungsoo widened his eyes in embarrassment and timidly nodded, repeating the words that he said much more slowly this time. “I’m so sorry that I did that. Please forgive me. I would do anything!”

Jongin chuckled at the other’s cuteness, motioning his hands in a dismissing manner, his eyes soft as he looked into the other’s adorably wide eyes, “No need, really. I guess I deserve that. You don’t have to do anything.”

“But, I insist!” Kyungsoo bit his lower lip, eyes full of determination, “I – I heard from my friend that y – you are our school’s best dancer. A – And now… you broke you’re arm b – because of me,” he looked down in his shoes, sniffling, “I just want to help you… even just until you’re arm heals. Please let me…”

Jongin was touched by the other’s selflessness and he felt something tugged at his heartstrings. Seeing the determination in the other’s expressive eyes, he couldn’t do anything but sigh. “Okay, fine. If that’s what you want. But, seriously… you don’t have to do this. And, it’s me that should be sorry. I acted like a jerk towards you… I’m sorry, Kyungsoo-sunbae.” He smiled apologetically.

He widened his eyes in surprise as he is enveloped in Kyungsoo’s arms, “Thank you, Jongin. You’re not so bad afterall,” he smiled, “I’ll take care of you until you fully healed, I promise.”


As promised, Kyungsoo did take care of Jongin in any way possible. The two grew close together. The two were inseparable.

But even so, he still notices the blushes that adorn Kyungsoo’s cheeks whenever his cousin is around. And it pains Jongin deeply.

“Hyung… why don’t you go ahead and confess?”

Jongin asked one day while the two were sitting alone in the school garden, eating lunch or being spoon fed by Kyungsoo in Jongin's case. Kyungsoo dropped the spoon in surprise, looking wide eyed at the serious looking Jongin.

"C -- confess to who?"

"You know exactly on who i'm referring to." Jongin sighed, "I already know who's the KJ in the letter is. No need to hide it from me."

"Am I that obvious?" There it is again. That redness in the other's cheeks that Jongin desperately wishes that he is the cause.

Jongin nodded. Its so obvious that it hurts.

Kyungsoo fidgetted in his seat, playing with the hem of his shirt, "Should I really confess? What if I made a mistake again?"

Patting the other in reassurance, Jongin flashes him a grin. "You won't. I'll help you with that..." because even though it can not be me that you'll be with, just seeing you smile makes my whole world so much brighter.


 

"Are you really sure this is a good idea?"

"Yep! Absolutely."

"But didn't the first time failed already? Why are we doing it again? Maybe I should just go home…"

Jongin stopped in his tracks, causing Kyungsoo to collide in his back, looking at the smaller male with a frown. "Yah, Do Kyungsoo! How are you going to get the man you've adored for so long if you kept on being a wimp? Man up!"

Kyungsoo laughed, making Jongin's frown to deepen. "Yah, why are you more excited than the one confessing, huh?"

"Isn't obvious?" I wanted you to be happy… "i'm trying to get rid of you." he replied with a smirk, earning a hit from Kyungsoo.

"Ow!"

"You brat, after taking care of you, this is how you repay me?" he tried to act irritated but the smile on his lips says otherwise. Kyungsoo hit him again and Jongin run away whilst laughing, yelling help! D.O the Monster Owl is at it again!

They fooled around the Home Economics room until they're both out of breath, but despite being tired, the smile on their lips cannot be erased on their faces.

"You know what… i'm already satisfied with what I have right now, Jongin. I don't need to confess anymore. And besides--"

The door to the room opened, revealing Joonmyeon.

"It's too late to back out now, sunbae. KJ is already here." Jongin said with a smile, "Be happy, sunbae."

And with that, he walked out of the room. His tears are racing down on his face as he drag his feet away from the room.


 

Its been three days since Jongin last saw Kyungsoo. His arm is already fully healed; Kyungsoo has no reason to hang out with him. And he already has KJ--Kim Joonmyeon. But he still waits for the owl-like upper class man to arrive on their spot on the school garden.

He felt a weight on the other side of the bench he is sitting on but he never dared to look at who it is. For all he knows, it might be Sehun again just like the other day.

"Jongin..." He felt goosebumps just hearing his name roll off the other's tongue.

"Kyungsoo-sunbae..."

He heard the other chuckle and he is enveloped in Kyungsoo's hug, his face buried in the crook of Jongin's neck. Jongin hesitantly wrap his arms around the smaller male, sighing in bliss.

"I got rejected, Jongin..."

Jongin tightened his hold on the other, whilst Kyungsoo gripped on Jongin's shirt.

"But you know what? I've never felt even happier." Kyungsoo let go of Jongin to look at him in the eye, smiling brightly. "I realized that… Joonmyeon is not the KJ that my heart wants."

Jongin look at him questioningly.

"The KJ that my heart yearns... is actually this idiot that is looking at me." Kyungsoo chuckled at the teary-eyed Jongin.

"I love you, KJ. I love you, Kim Jongin."

"I love you too, sunbae."

 

And they shared the sweetest kiss of love.


Miki's Note:

 

uuugh... i'm the worst author there is

;-; you're very free to kill me, I deserve it

 

I'm very sorry... I forgot about this and i've been so stressed and... and... 

I'M THE ING WOOOOORST!