Apologies

EXO Academy
In which, “I’m sorry"s could make a difference.

Loud painful groans echoed through the empty hallway as a chubby-cheeked boy got shoved—yet again—in his locker.

“Hey there, Xiumin. Running away again?” the bully whispered in Minseok’s ear, making him shiver.

“Ch – chen… let me go…” Minseok groaned as he struggled to escape from Chen’s grasp.

Chen shove him even harder against the cold locker, smirking, “What if I don’t wanna?”

Tears started to form in Minseok’s eyes as he looked straight into the other’s cold dark orbs.

Chen… Jongdae… what happened to you?

 


Minseok ran in the bathroom stall, crying, as soon as Chen got tired of torturing him. He is sobbing as he tend to his swelling cheek. He is not crying over the pain on his cheek—no, it was more painful than that. He is crying for the loss of his bestfriend, Jongdae. He is not dead but from the way that he’s acting right now says that the Jongdae he knew was now long gone.

And he can’t help but feel guilty for he knew that he was—somehow—at fault for his change. He is the one responsible as to why the cute, innocent and kind Jongdae, turned into the most monstrous person named Chen.


“Hey, kid. Are you okay?” asked an 8-year old Minseok to a boy crying by the sandbox in the playground his parents always take him to.

The said boy looked up at the voice and sniffled cutely, “No one wanted to be friends with Jongdae. Is Jongdae bad?”

Minseok cooed at the cuteness of the little kid and hugged him, smiling. “I can be your friend, Jongdae!” he said enthusiastically.

Jongdae had stopped crying and is now smiling at him.

At that time, Minseok had seen the most beautiful smile he’s ever seen and promised himself that he will protect that smile forever.


Minseok smiled at the memory, but the tears still won’t stop from pouring, “I broke that promise…”


Ever since Minseok and Jongdae first met, they had been inseperable. Even though, Minseok is 2 grades higher than Jongdae, that didn’t let them get in their way. They always find time to spend with each other.

But life in junior high is harsh as you move on and both boys find it difficult to meet each other because both have been very busy at school.

“Jongdae…” Minseok said as they meet each other at the café they frequented at, “I’m sorry that I can’t meet you more often… you know, projects.”

Jongdae just nodded in understanding and flashed him a smile that always makes Minseok’s breathe hitch, “It’s okay, Minseokkie-hyung. I am also busy myself.”

Minseok nodded, “I’ve noticed… You’ve been studying more than you should. You’re having bags under your eyes, see?” he poked Jongdae’s eye bags in which the latter pouted, “If you continue that, you’ll make your head burst.”

“Are you calling me stupid, hyung?”

“Why, yes. Aren’t you?” Minseok smirked but felt a cold sticky thing in his cheek. “What the hell, jongdae? Why’d you shot me with a tapioca ball?”

Jongdae just laughed at his hyung’s dumbfounded expression, eyeing the tapioca smeered cheek, “That’s for calling me stupid.”

“Oh yeah? I’m just being honest. And for shooting an honest man a tapioca, this is for you!”

Minseok also shot the laughing Jongdae right to his mouth causing him to slightly choke but then recovered instantly and shot Minseok again.

Minutes later, they were kicked out of the café for starting a tapioca war.


Minseok bitterly laughed at the memory. They had so much fun at that time but neither of them knew that that was their last fun moment together.

“I didn’t noticed that you’ve been studying so much for me. For us. And I’ve only repayed you with neglect.”


“There will be a new student who will be joining us today. Come in.” The teacher motioned for the boy to come in and Minseok widened his eyes, “This is Kim Jongdae. He is supposed to be a second year in junior high but due to his intelligence, he is accelerated to be a first year senior high. Now, Jongdae, choose where you want to sit.” The teacher smiled at Jongdae who just smiled at her in return.

Jongdae made his way to the empty desk beside Minseok and sat there, “Hi there, hyung. Nice to finally be your classmate.”

Minseok smiled in his way and hugged the younger, “Yeah… nice to finally be your classmate.”

The two were too lost in their own world to notice the judging looks from the rest of the class being thrown at them.


Minseok bit his quivering lip to hold back a sob as he kept on muttering apologies.

“I shouldn’t have let them.”


Minseok introduced Jongdae to his friends and they seem fine about it, but when he turned to leave to the comfort room, that’s when their faces started to morph into one of disgust.

“Why are you hanging out with a nerd, Xiumin?” Kim Heechul said. Displease is laced in his voice, making Minseok or also known as Xiumin, shiver.

“Yeah, what if his nerdiness gets on my skin? I’ll be ugly.” Himchan whined as Key hit him.

“Shut up! Your whining makes my head hurt.”

Sungmin slammed his fist in their table and glared at the two, “You’re making my head hurt. And we’re talking about the nerd here, not you guys!” and the two fell silent about it.

Jin cleared his throat and turned to Minseok, “What we’re saying is… we don’t want to hang out with him. Not. Ever.

“Why is that? He hasn’t even done anything wrong. You barely even met the guy!” Xiumin exclaimed.

Heechul rolled his eyes at Xiumin and scoffed, “Yes, he hasn’t. Yet. But, look at him—“ he pointed at Jongdae who is now walking back at them, “He is friggin’ ugly and doesn’t have any sense of fashion. How do you think he’ll fit in with us?”

And the other’s nodded, “Leave him or leave us. Your choice.”


“I was stupid at that time…” Minseok sobbed even harder as he continuously hit himself, “I ignored you. I knew you were suffering but I just stood there and did nothing.”


“What’s wrong, hyung?” Jongdae inquired as soon as he finally had some alone time with Minseok. He had been worried about his hyung’s strange behavior lately.

Minseok gulped hard and just kept his gaze at his shoes, not answering the other’s question.

“Hyung—“he tried to touch Minseok’s shoulder in which the other evaded him like he was some sort of a contagious disease, making him froze in his spot.

“Don’t touch me.” he spat coldly. The other just widened his eyes at his hyung and heard his heart breaking. Xiumin just bit his lip to prevent himself from sobbing, “You’re asking me what’s wrong? I’ll tell you what’s wrong. You. You’re what’s wrong!

“H – hyung—“

“You always follow me like a lost puppy, it’s tiring already. People already give me weird looks because of you.” But I don’t give a damn about them, Jongdae.

He closed his eyes and forced the cold voice out his throat. Keeping his gaze on the floor to keep himself from breaking.

“Hyung… I – I’m sorry—“

“Don’t you ing apologize, you dimwit!” because you’re not at fault here. I am. “That’s the reason why I hate you. You’re weak. You always let other people control you.” Like me “Why can’t you be strong for once? You’re always depending on me, it’s sickening.” Don’t believe me, Jongdae. Hyung is a liar.

Jongdae already has tears in his eyes and Minseok doesn’t want anything but to wipe those tears away and say I’m just kidding, silly, but he knew he can’t. So he just settled on clenching his fists and left the poor boy alone in the rooftop.

Once he left the area, he didn’t know that 4 of his so-called friends came into view and did something horrible to Jongdae. Turning him into the Chen he is now.


Minseok is hugging his knees near his chest as he continued on apologizing.

“Jongdae-ah, hyung is sorry… hyung is deeply sorry.” he sobbed, “It’s not fun without you.” I want you back.

“But, how can I?” he cried continuously and reached for something in his pocket. “You must really hate hyung right now, don’t you? You must’ve wanted me to disappear, haven’t you?” he smiled bitterly to himself and brought the object to his wrist; a razor cutting deep into his flesh, blood oozing from the cut. “Then… I’ll do you a favor. Hyung will disappear now. I hope you will be happy from now on.”

And he is engulf in the darkness with a smile on his lips and a picture of a 6-year old Jongdae, smiling at him like he did on their first meeting.

“…hyung loves you very much.”


Baekhyun rolled his eyes as Chen finished his story with Chanyeol wiping tears in the corner.

 

“So… how was it?” Chen asked expectantly, grinning from ear to ear, obviously proud of his creation.

“Seriously, Chen? You even thought of making yourself a character in a story? Is that how desperate you are in finding your better half? And who the hell is this Minseok guy anyway? Why don’t you just go out and get. LAID.” Baekhyun groaned, facepalming himself because of the absurdity of it all.

“Yeah… instead of just moping around and making an imaginary guy being with you. And who is this Minseok? I’ve been with you since we’re 5 and I haven’t even met anyone with the name of Minseok.” Chanyeol pouted, “I thought I am your bestfriend and we don’t keep secrets from each other?”

“Oh shush you, Yeollie. Minseok is just an imaginary guy for the poor boy because he can’t have a boyfriend as perfect as you.” Baekhyun grinned and kissed his boyfriend’s lips.

Chen rolled his eyes on the couple and groaned, “Oh come on, guys. Gimme a break. Is it wrong to want to have someone whom I can have intimate feelings with and have pure dedication or me and—“

“Will kill himself for you? You’re a sick son of a you know that, ?” Baekhyun sassed, earning a groan from the latter.

“I’m not even finished with the story, yet! It’s supposed to be a happy ending with me and Minseok loving each other and understanding each other and live happily ever after.”

Baekhyun just rolled his eyes and kissed his boyfriend’s temple, earning a cute giggle, making him smile. “Yeah sure. If that’s what you say, then live on that fantasy of yours and never return. As your friends, we will support you with all our hearts.”

“I agree.”Chanyeol enthusiastically agreeing with his lover.

Chen just groaned at them and left his room. Why can’t they just be happy for me? If only Minseok is real.

He sighed and closed his eyes, not realizing that there is someone running at his direction. He and the other collided, causing him to fall for the other. Hard.

The guy underneath Chen widened his eyes and his mouth formed an ‘o’ shape, causing his chubby cheeks to hollow cutely. “Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry.” he apologized and yet the other just is frozen in his spot, “U – umm…” he shifted in his spot as Chen deeply eyed his features.

“Minseok! What the hell are you doing? We’re gonna be late for soccer practice!”

“I’m coming, Luhan!” the chubby cheeked guy quickly scrambled out beneath Chen and began running towards the voice that called him out, but turned to Chen before leaving completely, “I’m sorry again! I’ll make it up to you, next time, I promise!” he bowed and proceeded.

Chen is still frozen in his spot but then laughed to himself, “He’s real…” he said in disbelief, “He’s ing real! And he said Next time. TAKE THAT, BYUN BAEKHYUN!” and he began walking away whilst laughing like a maniac.

The students are now looking at him like he just grew two heads but, who cares? When I have Minseok with me?



Miki's Note:

Sooooo Yeah~ I decided to update! xDDD

I actually wrote this story like waaaaaaaaaay long before! It's just stuck in my notebook.

It's suppose to be angst but... I didn't get to finish the story.

I just found it recently and forgot the supposed plot. XDDD

So, I just decided to put it to good use.

Did I troll you good? hahaha sorry about that!

I just so love Jongdae that's why!

 

And I miss those XiuChen/Chenmin feels so here ya go~ XDDD

Aren't they cute? XDDD but i'm kind of disappointed because anywhere I looked, it's all XiuHan :/

I don't hate them though~ I just missed the good ol' times :3

Okay~ i've been rambling too much! Gotta go. Bye! XDD