3i < 9u

EXO Academy
In which, Chanyeol hates math and Chen just know what’s the correct formula to solve the problem.

“I give up!” Chen sighed for the nthteenth time and turned to leave yet a clingy and desperate giraffe his bestfriend, Chanyeol, clung unto his leg like it’s his only life support.

“Please almighty goodness, god of the EXO Planet and everything nice, my savior, Kim Jongdae, don’t leave just yet. I need you!” he begged and Chen just sighed and looked at his friend with pity.

“Why don’t you just give up, Park Chanyeol? You and I both know that you’re not the brightest bulb out there. You didn’t care about your grades before—especially math. So why bother now?”

“Because if I didn’t get on this university, then my beloved angel, Byun Baekhyun, and I will get separated forever! I won’t be able to see his smiles, his laughs… his EVERYTHING! AND I DON’T KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO IF THAT WILL HAPPEN!” he wailed, “I’ll die with Baekkie deprivation… so please teach me until I understand, Chen. You’re my only hope.”

Chen sighed heavily and massaged his temples, “I’ve been teaching you math for the past 4 hours already. 4. ing. Hours. And you still didn’t get a single thing!” he groaned. Chanyeol whimpered and looked at him with puppy eyes.

Chen put his hands on Chanyeol’s face and groaned, “It’s still a no, Chanyeol. I’m tired already and would you please stop that? It’s gross.”

Chanyeol sighed dejectedly and sat on his desk, and Chen couldn’t be happier when the giant finally gave up on him.

He put his hands on the doorknob and was about to turn it open when a very low octave voice that sounded just like Satan’s, echoed through the empty room, “If you open that door, I swear I’ll kill your children, and your children’s children, and your children’s children’s children.”

Chen gulped in fear yet still stand his ground, “No, its final, Chanyeol.”

He left the room and closed the door with a loud slam.

Just outside the said room, Chen slumped down on the floor. Knees finally giving up on him. Good job, knees. You guys have been brave enough to not show that you’re wobbling. I’m so proud of you guys. He wiped his imaginary tears and patted his knees. I swear, Chanyeol is a hybrid of a giraffe and a demon. I thought I’m gonna be murdered.

When he finally had some enough energy to stand on his own, he gave a quick peek at his friend through the classroom window and his heart tugged guiltily. “What kind of friend, am I?”

And suddenly, something glint from the corners of his eyes and a smirk crawl up to his face. He quickly pulled out his phone and texted someone, “Oh, I just remembered. I’m always an awesome friend, aren’t I?”


Chanyeol sighed remorsefully, thinking about many ways of killing Chen for abandoning him in times of crisis. “What should I do? I really want to be accepted in that university along with my sweet angel, Baekkie.” he sobbed, slumping his head on his desk, “We haven’t even talked once. I don’t even know if he knew my handsome existence on this planet. This is my only chance to confess my feelings for him.” he pouted, “Why does math have to exist? I’m doing fine with my other subjects but, what the hell is wrong with math?!”

He sighed yet again.

My sulking wouldn’t get me anywhere near Baekhyun.

And so he decided that he’ll just study on his own but soon, his vision in engulfed by darkness and the next thing that he knew, he’s now travelling to dream land, a place where there is no math and everything is just Byun Baekhyun.


—poke—

Chanyeol groaned as the other is poking his cheek, waking him up from his slumber.

poke—

I swear if this is Kim ing Jongdae, I’ll torture him until he begs for his own death!

poke—

“What the ing hell, Chen! Would you—oh…”

His outrage died out in his throat as his eyes widened in shock at whom he thought was Chen. Omygosh I must’ve still been dreaming.

There, in front of him, is the love of his life, poking his cheeks just earlier. “B – Byun B – Baekhyun! W – What are you doing here?” he stuttered, a blush threatening to reveal itself on his cheeks. Omygosh please don’t… I don’t wanna embarrass myself anymore.

But it seems like Baekhyun didn’t noticed his tomato-like face as he kept on smiling towards Chanyeol.

And the latter felt like he just died by that smile.

“Me and Kyungsoo are supposed to clean this room but the bastard run away.” Baekhyun seem annoyed about his friend, Kyungsoo, but just kept on smiling. “So, yeah. Here I am, doing our duty on my own but…” He grumbled something under his breath but Chanyeol wasn’t able to catch on it.

“So, I guess we’re on the same boat then.” Chanyeol said, smiling. I’m talking to him! Yes!

Baekhyun raised his brow, “Why’d you say so?”

“I was also abandoned by my friend. Haha, it . Why the hell am I friends with him the first place?”

“I know right? Why can’t they just go and die?”

“Yeah… I swear when I meet him…”

“I’ll…”

“…Kill their children, and their children’s children, and their children’s children’s children.”

Both of their eyes widened when they blurted out the same words at the same time.

And then… they laughed. They laughed so hard that their tummy aches already.

“Omygosh, I haven’t laughed that hard in a long time. Haha…” Baekhyun said while wiping his tears, “I guess we really do have a lot in common, huh?”

“Y – Yeah… I guess so”

“Well… I guess, doing cleaning duty alone wasn’t so bad. At least I got to talk to you.” Chanyeol doesn’t know if his eyes were just playing tricks on him or does Baekhyun’s face got flustered. “Chanyeol, right? I’m Byun Baekhyun—but I guess you already knew me.” He extended his beautiful hand and Chanyeol took it, gladly.

Chanyeol made a mental note on looking for that Kyungsoo and thank him. If it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t be able to talk to my Baekkie. Thank you, whoever you are!

Then Chanyeol noticed that Baekhyun have been carrying the broom the whole time so extended his hand towards Baekhyun who looked at him with confusion, “Give me the broom.”

“Huh? Why—“

“I’ll help you, okay? No questions asked.” And he grabbed the broom from Baekhyun’s soft hands and began sweeping the dusty floor.


“Ahh… I’m beat.”

“Well, you could’ve just left me alone to do my work.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes at Chanyeol, but then smile sincerely, nonetheless.

It’s okay, Baek. I’ll do everything for you because I love you that much. He wanted to say but held it in because his cowardice took over him.

Baekhyun huffed and then noticed the scattered papers that are laid in front of Chanyeol’s desk. “Were you studying before I came here, Chanyeol? Omo! I didn’t disturbed you, did I?”

Chanyeol, noticing what Baekhyun was looking at, quickly scrambled towards the said desk to cover the proofs of his stupidity. But he came too late, for Baekhyun had already grabbed one of the said papers.

Raising one brow up, Baekhyun eyed the paper with intensity, “…20” he read out loud and Chanyeol wished that the ground would just swallow him.

Baekhyun turned to look at him, but instead of a disappointment, a smile was etched in his face, “You don’t mind if I tutor you, wouldn’t you?”

And who is he to refuse such an offer?


He’s trying.

He really is.

He’s putting all of his efforts into it.

But…

“Did you get it, Chanyeol?” Baekhyun asked again, and Chanyeol forced a smile as a reply.

He’s really trying to concentrate but how could he? When you’re all so cute and angelic and all I wanna do is just kiss you and confess all my love for you?

“…yeol… Chanyeol… PARK CHANYEOL!”

“Wah?!”

Thud—

Chanyeol rubbed his aching , groaning. He look up and saw a clearly not amused expression in Baekhyun’s face. But why is he still so cute?

“How are you going to pass math if you don’t give me your full attention?” Baekhyun pouted.

Oh if you only knew, Baek.  You have my full attention alright. Too much, that is.

Standing up, Chanyeol gave him an apologetic smile, “Don’t worry. I get it just alright.” Liar!

Baekhyun raised one brow up, “Oh really? Then…” he wrote something on his paper. “Solve that and give me your answer… it doesn’t matter when. Just… please answer it, okay?” he smiles and handed the said paper to Chanyeol—more like shove it to his chest. And made a run for it.

And is my eyes playing tricks on me or his cheeks are really blushing?

Stunned, he looked at the said paper and creased his brows.

3i < 9u


“1:00 am” said the clock.

He had been sitting on his spot by the desk of his dorm room for so long now. For how many hours? He doesn’t know but he bet that it would have been really really long now. He could even feel the cramps in his legs.

He really need to stand up now, or stretch his legs maybe? He did the latter for he really have no energy in standing right now.

Sighing, he eyed the equation in his hands yet again. How am I going to solve this? I don’t wanna disappoint, Baekkie. Books are already out of the question ‘cause no matter how hard he tried he just don’t get all those scribbles of formulas in them.

How about… Chen?

As if on cue, his roommate slash bestfriend came in their shared room with a huge grin. But that grin quickly dissipated when he looked at Chanyeol who looks like he haven’t slept in days which clearly isn’t true for it hasn’t even past one day from their last encounter.

“Whoa, dude! What happened to you? You look like a mess!”

“Jongdae-ah… I need your help.” he whined.

Sighing, he asked, “What is it this time?”

Chanyeol gave him the piece of paper that has Baekhyun’s handwriting on. “B – Baekkie… tutored me on math earlier. But I can’t focus because he’s just so gorgeous! And then, he asked me to solve that.

I don’t want to disappoint him, Jongdae. So I was planning on giving him the answer tomorrow but… I don’t know what to do!”

Chen then looked at the said paper. Easy yet…

A grin appeared on his face as he gave the said paper to Chanyeol.

“I’m sorry, dude. I can’t help you with that. Baekhyun gave them to you for you to solve on your own. And I’m already sleepy so… ciao!” he flopped on his bed and covered his whole body with blanket, turning his back on Chanyeol.

Chanyeol groaned and was about to kick the lump of blanket when he spoke up, “Remember, Chanyeol. Just cancel the unnecessary. Math can be quite fun.”


“Tired… so tired…” he groaned.

Chanyeol hadn’t had a wink of sleep last night, trying to solve the math equation his love gave him. And now he looks like a walking zombie.

But after hours of trial and error, he finally knew the answer to the equation… and he can’t wait to give Baekhyun his answer.


Cancel the unnecessary?  How the hell should he know what the unnecessary and what necessary is?

Eyeing the equation once again, he slump his back on his chair, biting his lips.

3i < 9u

Should he… Ugh! It’s making his brain hurt. He turned to the lump of blanket in the bed, sleeping peacefully. I bet that he is having such a nice dream… maybe, I should just crush his dreams and feel those particles to the boogy-man—wait…

He widened his eyes at his own realization… To crush means to divide… and crush means to disappear, as well! Park Chanyeol, you are truly a genius!

And to divide he did…

3i < 9u
3

Then… what is he gonna do with “9u”? hmm… it seems unfair if I only divide “3i”, right? Should I really divide “9u”, too? But to what number? 9? But then… it wouldn’t be even! It should be greater than the other!

He groaned and slump his head on his desk. I wonder if what I did was right. It just seems… unfair. Unfair—wait! Then make it fair then! Why hadn’t I thought about that?

3i < 9u 3u
3      3

Then… now to rewrite my real answer!

He stopped midway into writing, his face suddenly becoming dark. He even broke his pen in half as he clench his fist.

“Byun Baekhyun…” he growled.


Once he spotted the shorter male, he couldn’t wait and made a dash for it.

The shorter hadn’t even had time to respond as Chanyeol dragged him. He was beginning to panic as he saw the crease in Chanyeol’s brows. Something tells him that nothing good will happen to him.

They arrived in the rooftop and Chanyeol forcefully slammed the door. He turned to look at him with a glare, pinning him against the closed door.

“You…” he growled, as Baekhyun whimpered underneath it. Omygosh, he’s angry at me for giving him the equation. I’m so stupid. Why have I even…

Baekhyun closed his eyes as he saw Chanyeol’s hand moving towards his face. Only to feel it caressing his cheeks. He looked up and gaped in surprise for instead of a menacing rage in Chanyeol’s eyes, he saw an affectionate and loving gaze.

“Why are you crying?” Chanyeol asked, wiping his tear-stained cheeks tenderly.

Baekhyun bit his lips his lips and looked down. He hadn’t even noticed that he had been crying already.

Chanyeol put his hand on his chin and forced Baekhyun to look at him, and when he finally does so.

He pressed his soft lips towards the other.

Baekhyun gasp in shock but then quickly recovered and began kissing back, wrapping his arms around Chanyeol’s neck.

Chanyeol liked the kiss. It wasn’t the kind of soft to passionate the involve tongues—no, it was sweet and full of love. Just like how he imagined it to be. His first kiss…

Both of them groaned at the lost of contact when of both of them pulled away for air. But still, a stupid grin was etched on their faces as they pressed their foreheads together.

“You could have just told me, you know Baek.”

“I – I got… scared. I had a crush on your since I first time I saw you, and that was like the first time I step foot on this school. I was a nerd back then you know. Lame… no one even wanted to be friends with me except Kyungsoo.” He bit lips, “I don’t have enough confidence, even when I already changed myself for the better. I didn’t even know that you know who I am. I – I’ve just been… looking at you from a far. Actually, I planned on confessing to you through the classic “Love Letter in the shoe locker” kind of style last year but...

That ing Jongdae saw me and snatched the letter away. I already knew him to be a trouble maker because I always see him using his pranks on you and all. And if only I could wring his neck, like really.” he rolled his eyes, “When I saw him, I just thought that he’s bad news and tried to avoid him but, since we’re in the same singing club, we always so each other during club meetings and tease me about it.”

Chanyeol pouted and made a mental note to kill Chen later, “He knew I had a crush on you since you first sang at the opening ceremony for the freshmen. And I had to admit, you were kind of nerdy back then.” He grinned, earning a smack and a pout from the other. “but you are still cute nonetheless.” He said, leaning in to kiss the pout away from Baekhyun’s lips. The two giggling at each other.

 

A cough interrupted the two and turned to look at the person who interrupted them.

“If looks could kill, I could be 10 feet underground already.” he said, raising his hands in a surrendering manner. “But I’m not here to chit-chat, I just came in to… congratulate you two!” he run towards the two and hugged them, who had disgusted faces but still smiled thankfully nonetheless.

“You guys finally grew balls! I’m free! Do you know how it is to listen to you both rant about each other? Ugh! So frustrating.” The two rolled their eyes at the other complaints. “So when fate gave the chance, I grabbed it and texted Baekhyun about your whereabouts and your problem.” He grinned.

“I told you, didn’t I? Math can be quite fun.”

Chanyeol grinned bro- with Chen, “It sure does.”

Baekhyun came to them and enveloped Jongdae in a friendly hug before returning back to his boyfriend’s arms, “Thank you for the help, Chen. You helped us to be together…

 

But no matter how much you help us be together. Why can’t you just find yourself a boyfriend? I don’t want you bothering us again okay?”

“Ugh! Do you really have to ruin the warm atmosphere?”

 

 


Miki's Note:

XDD Yehet! I finally had time to update! Hahahaha

Hope you enjoyed it... because I did enjoy writing it!

Comment me your thoughts please! I wanna know what thiink you about BaekYeol!
Because i'm like their #0 Shipper! XDDD

As a Thanks, have some fireworks!

 

 

 

 

 

 

OoO Omygosh i'm sorry!

 

As apology, here's a pic of Baekhyun trying to Chanyeol! XDDD Enjoy!
*goes to EXO Planet*

Byeiiiiiii~♥