We're Just Friends

15 Things I Want To Do Before I Die

"Your boyfriend seems really nice." "Excuse me?" "He came to the hospital with you and held your hand and everything. You're lucky to have him. He must really care about you." "Yeah," I frowned. She led me back to the room. Yoseob had fallen asleep. I kicked him lightly in the shins. He opened his eyes. "Oh, you're back," he smiled. "How'd it go?" "Ready to leave?" I asked. "What about the results?" "That'll take time." "Oh, so where are you headed." "You forgot? You promised to take me snowboarding." "Oh right. Alright, let's go then."

"How was your nap?" "Good, were the tests painful?" "Some of them." "I wish they would've let me be there." "I warned you." "Wait, what happened to your hand?" He grabbed it. "Ah! Careful! That stings!" "What happened?" "I burned it this morning." "You should put something on it." "I don't have anything." "Wait here." He ran ahead. I scooped up some snow and placed it on it. The palm of my hand was practically one big blister. I quickly shook the snow off to stop the burning.

He came back out of the lounge with a brown paper sack. "Come on," he pulled me over to a bench covered in snow. He brushed it off and sat me down. "Give me your hand." I did and he put ointment on it and wrapped it up. "You lied before, huh?" "When?" I asked staring at his hands on mine. "When I asked if you remembered what happened that night." "You said to forget it. We were both drunk and so it's something we would never do." "Right," he nodded. "I'm very happy with HongKi." "Then why are you here?" I looked up at him. He stared at me. "Because we're friends and I wanted someone to hang out with. The guys are busy with their new album and you showed up at the doctor's office remember?" "Right."

I got up when he finished. "Come on," I smiled and hurried towards the lift. We spent a couple hours snowboarding before we collapsed in the snow. "Phew, I'm exhausted." "Me too." "Oppa?" I froze. "I mean, Yoseob?" It took him a moment to respond, "Yeah?" "Thanks for today. Everything." I didn't start to worry until I woke up on the car ride home. How could I just fall asleep without HongKi?