You Want To Know Me?

15 Things I Want To Do Before I Die

"I don't know what you want me to say," I said popping the jalapenos into my mouth and then drinking the water. I was bored of listening to them. They were complaining to me about me and not that life and it was sad I was going to die but that I had practically deserved it. "Why are you eating those?" Rachel asked disgusted. "Huh?" It had become such a habit that I barely recognized myself doing it now. "It numbs the stomach lining." Their blank stares bore into me. "It eases the pain. Drug free pain reliever." "Lydia! I knew it was you my darling!" JanHo pulled up a seat. "I heard I missed a great birthday party." She completely ignored my family. "Kim Young has been dancing around all day. Happy as a little bluebird." "She talked to MinHwan a lot." "Yes, but I think she's in love with someone else." "Seriously? Who?" "I don't know but that glove you gave her has been stored away. It's silly really how love flitts from person to person." She reached out to touch my face but I casually back up. "Um, JanHo, this is my family." "Hi," she smiled in English. "Well, I just wanted to give you a present too." "You don't have to." "I know but I saw this and had to get it for you." She held out a small box. "You stole it?" "No! I could never give something I stole to someone! No, I sold things I stole to buy it." I shook my head but untied the bow. I opened the box and looked down at the bracelet. "Is this really feminine?" I asked confused. "No! Of course not! Look how masculine it it!" "Then why are you giving it to me?" "I heard you spend a lot of time with that HongKi fellow you like. You should give him a present." I looked down at it. "See? You're happy you jsut won't show it. And see? There's even a little card I slipped in there for you to write a note on." I bit my lower lip embarrassed. She laughed, "Of you're so cute!" She grabbed my cheeks. "Alright, well, I'll see you later. Bye!" She walked away. I closed the box and slipped it in my purse. "Who was that?" my mother asked. "My friend, she's really nice." "Hey," Rachel thought. "Why don't you take us through a day in your shoes?" "I think you'd all hate it." "No, and we'll stay in the background and just see how it is you live," Rachel asked. I looked at the time. I looked at my parents. "You want that?" They looked at each other. "Sure," my father said. "What is there to do here?" "Let's go." I go up.

"Well, I usually am awake by now and then I start practice." "Practice?" "I'll show you. I don't usually go here but my friend said they were practicing and wanted me to stop by." I led them down the street. I stayed ahead of them like a tour guide but didn't say a word. I stopped at a small stall I frequented for some fruit. The old lady smiled, "It's so nice to see you!" I gave her a hug. "How are you this morning?" I asked her. "I'm doing fine." "And how are your children? Still working hard?" "As always, here is your usual. She pulled a basket from under the table up. It even had my name on it. "How kind!" I grabbed a bag from it and handed her the money. I kissed her on the cheek, "Bye bye, grandmother!" "Bye," she smiled. I put the fruit in my bag and pulled out an apple and started to eat it. I stopped by a window and crouched to knock on it three times. A little boy's face appeared in it. He made a funny face and I made one back. I pulled an orange from the bag and held it out. He pushed open the window and took it. I ruffled his hair and waved bye. He smiled big before I continued. My phone rang. It was FT Island's song. I stopped and answered it, "Yeobeseyo?" "Yo!" Key laughed. "You coming over today?" "Yeah, I'm on my way right now." "She said she's on her way Taemin. See you soon." "Bye." I hung up and hurried my steps.

I stopped at the secruity desk. "How are you?" the guard smiled. "My family's with me today. Please don't search them." I held out the bag of fruit as a bribe. He reached in and pulled out a plum. "Go on ahead." I waited by the elevator. The door opened and we all went in. I went over to the lady behind the desk. "How's everything running today?" I asked. "Slow, SHINee just has practice, and a couple shows today." "How long have they been here?" "Two hours? They have two more hours of practice." "Thanks," I turned into the room and grabbed six water bottles from the fridge and then headed down the hallway. I turned into the room and silently entered. They were practicing. I set the bottles down on the small table. I stood there and watched them finish. My family stared from the doorway. They were huffing and puffing when they turned and bowed. "Who are these people?" Rachel asked iin a whisper. "This is my family." "Hello," Onew said in English. "Hi," Key smiled. They all introduced themselves as they would do for an American interview. "As in her favorite band?" Rachel whispered confused.

"We were wondering if we'd have to go down the hall and get something," Jonghyun groaned. I threw him his first then one to Taemin and then to Key, Minho, and Onew last. "Sorry about this morning. We didn't say goodbye," Taemin apologized meekly. "Nah, it's fine." Jonghyun whispered something to Onew. He laughed. "Jonghyun said that..." "No, shush!" Jonghyun pushed him. "You and HongKi looked too cute together to disturb." I blushed, "Yeah, well I saw you and Key sleeping on top of each other." "Yeah, so? You're members of the opposite ." "She likes him," Key teased in English just to make me more embarrassed in front of my family.