TaeyangIU Couple: ~ I Could Fall in Love by Selena ~

♥ This I promise you...Saranghe ♥

"Ji Eun sshi."

The girl who was busy stacking the washed cups and saucers in the top cabinet, look down to the voice who had been calling her name. She smiled, "Yes, Young Bae sunbae." She replied in her sweet chirpy voice which makes the said man return her smile. Both of them had to close the cafe since it was in their rooster for that week. And the only remaining job left to do is keeping the washed plates and cups in the cabinet and throw away the rubbish in the dumpster at the back of the cafe.

"Do you mind babysit Sora tomorrow night?" If possible, Young Bae does not want to trouble his colleague who had become part of his family now. He knows that Ji Eun had a lot to revise for her upcoming exam, but he is desperate to look for someone to care for his young daughter. He had tried Yuri but she will be away on business trip that will take her whole weekend. He too could not depend on his ailing mother even though she had offer to do so. 

Without second thought, Ji Eun agrees to take the job even though she is doing it without taking any charges. She understand how hard Young Bae living is so she decided not to charge him and furthermore, she really like Sora and Madam Dong who she already regards like her own mother. 

Since at the very young age of 6 years old, Ji Eun mother had died because of cancer and her father had remain single until now. So Ji Eun never really knows what is mother love as she grow up, not until she knows Madam Dong who had been so kind and showering her with love even when the woman is not in her best of health. 

"I'll help you out in your philosopy paper as a payment for your babysitting service. How about that?" Young Bae still had his pride to care for. He would not allow Ji Eun to carry such task without a return favor. He knows that Ji Eun had adamantly refused to take a single money from him. He watched the chirpy girl that seems to grow on him days by days, pondering over his offer. "I know you are weak in that subject and, well...I happens to be very good in it." He winked.

"Well...ok you got a deal. But my paper will be on Tuesday, how will you be able to help me out, sunbae?" Ji Eun suddenly feel panic and starts to pace back and fro at the tiny resting area for staff. He chuckled, as he watched Ji Eun little panic stunt. "Well, I will be working this Sunday, on evening shift. Why don't you drop by the cafe so that I could give you few lesson on the subject?"

Young Bae almost drop his mobile when Ji Eun out of sudden let out a yelp and started to dance happily, still at their tiny resting area. "Yah!! You scared the hell out of me!!" But the happy girl remains dancing, totally ignoring her sunbae.

After taking out the thrash to the dumpster and locking up the cafe, both Young Bae and Ji Eun walk out to the walkway. Ji Eun head straight to her yellow volkswagen car after she wave goodbye to Young Bae. "See you tomorrow, sunbae."

"Alright, drive careful, Ji Eun-ah." Instead heading to his car who he normally parking a few cars away from Ji Eun's yellow volkswagen, the space seems vacant and Young Bae continues to walk down the pavement in the direction of the nearest subway station. Ji Eun only realised that when she saw him walking along the pavement, with his headset over his ears. She honked a few more times to get his attention and only a passer-by had points out to him that he realised of Ji Eun car honking at his direction.

"Sunbae, where is your car?" Ji Eun had stop her car by the roadside. "In the workshop." He replied shortly but that was lie who only he knows it. The truth is he had sold his car for cash just to pay his mother remaining hospital bill from her last heart operation. With Sora starting school in 2 months times, he really need to save a lot of money to send his daughter in a normal nursery school. His former father-in-law had been appalled by his choice of nursery school for Sora but that's all he could afford to send Sora. Yuri had offer to chirp in with the school fees for registration amongst other, but Young Bae had refused flatly.

"Get in then. I'll send to you home." Ji Eun unlock the door and had stretch over to open the door for him. But Young Bae still standing outside by the pavement. "Your place is far off from mine. It's ok I still could catch the last train back home." He was about to close the door but when Ji Eun called out his name in her squeaky voice, "Young Bae sunbae...do you not regards me your friend?" He leaned down to see Ji Eun sad eyes, waiting for her answer. "Ji Eun-ah...I don't want to trouble you..."

"It is no trouble at all. I just helping out the person I like...err...I mean my friend!!" Ji Eun smack her forehead for her careless blurtering. Young Bae obviously heard Ji Eun unexpected confession but tried to act cool. He watched Ji Eun redden face as he got inside the car. "Well, I could do that."

Still feeling embarassed from her own blunder, Ji Eun quickly drive off to the direction of Young Bae hometown. Remembering Young Bae last statement and that set her wondering the meaning of it. She asked, "Do what?"

"Huh?" Young Bae turns to her looking blank by her sudden question. He was busy checking out his playlist and mentally choosing songs that he will be playing tomorrow at the club as he work as DJ every fortnight. His friend Kwon Jiyong had own the club and had given him the part time job that he is much needed. Well, it is also had been his dream once a upon a time but with things that happens in his life recently, he had put off those dream for his daughter.

"You said that you could do that. What is the 'do that' you're referring?" She patiently said out, as if she is talking to small kid to having a hard time catching the words of what being said. Young Bae frowned. "I forget what I referring. Forget it."

"Ok..." Ji Eun reply in a small voice, still cursing herself for her previous blunderness.

Inside the car, both Young Bae and Ji Eun did not exchange much words to each other, only the music that being played from the radio station fill-up the car. Young Bae, from what Ji Eun could see, out the corner of her eyes, had continue looking through his music playlist. She knows that he is working every fortnight at Club Gaho and the owner happens to be Seohyun's boyfriend, Kwon Jiyong. Young Bae doesn't know of her friendship with both Jiyong and Seohyun, not that Ji Eun is a close friend with Jiyong. They had only exchange simple pleasantries whenever he comes by their apartment to pick-up Seohyun for their date night.

Ji Eun minds zoom back to a particular conversation that she had with Seohyun, a week ago. She had decided to comes clean with her feeling for Young Bae since Seohyun had blatantly points out her ridiculous concern for Young Bae who just a mere working colleague.

"Don't get me wrong, Ji Eun-ah. I don't want this Young Bae dude to bully you. You have been taking care of his sick mother and babysitting his daughter without charges! Not that you need any money that your father could give you, but he seems to be taking advantage of your kindness. And the ridiculous thing out of everything here, you had been willingly wanting to help him at anytime and anyday."

"What are you suggesting, Seohyun-ah?" Ji Eun pout as she ladle the soup that Seohyun had cook for their lunch that day. "I'm going to be so bloody blunt with this. Are you in love with this mohawk dude?" Seohyun scowl the thought of what Young Bae had make her best friend put through with his endless plea for help. If Ji Eun did have feeling for him, well she needs to make her feeling known to Young Bae so that the least he could do is to appreciate Ji Eun time and effort. 

"Neh..." Ji Eun answered softly. Seohyun had to restrain her ear to hear to her soft replies. "What...? I can't really hear you."

"I said yes I like oppa." Ji Eun refused to look at Seohyun. Her cheeks becomes redder due to embarassment to her confession. Ji Eun never really make knowns of her feeling with anyone before. She always choose to keep it in her heart.

"Well, what is your next move now?" asked Seohyun as she scoop more vegetables on Ji Eun dish plate. She knows Ji Eun hates to eat vegetable and tend to eat less of it. Ji Eun just shrug her shoulder, clueless to think more out of her feeling for Young Bae. Instead she continue to say of her feeling for the man to her bestfriend.

"You know, I could really fall in love with him...everytime we are alone together, I always wonder how does it feel to touch him..." She day dream. Seohyun who had been listening to her lamentation too could feel the same but more to her and Jiyong. But she quick to get back to the reality with the current problem that Ji Eun facing.

"Omo...I feel like ert!!" Both girls burst out laughing. After sometime later, Seohyun gently said to her sweet and kind friend that she had known since high school, "Tell him. Tell him of how you feel, Ji Eun-ah."

"Should I? What if he reject my love confession? Seohyun, I can't live with that....I don't know how I would live by his constant presence in my life if he did not feel the same like me..." Ji Eun asked worriedly. She had the habit that if she is stress or nervous or panic, she will bite the end tail of her hair, and that what she had been doing until Seohyun smack her hand away from her hair. "That's gross, Ji Eun-ah." She scowled at her friend. 

"Sorry..." Ji Eun giggled.

"Well, you will never know if you don't make the first move. Nowadays, it is different from our parent's generation where the man will make the first move followed by good love fairy tale story and it will end with both lover getting hitch. You see, in our time, it doesn't matter who will make the first move because we still have the same fairy tale love story and the same ending. So just go for it. You have nothing to loose. Because it will be his lost for not able to see the great gem in front of his slinting eyes." Seohyun winked.

Now back in the car, all alone with Young Bae, she still contemplating to tell him the truth of her feeling. She could see that with another one more turn, she will reach Young Bae dilapidated apartment building and the man is still busy browsing through his playlist. Then suddenly, the radio DJ had played the song 'I could fall in Love' from the late latina singer Selena.

When Ji Eun had stop her car by the pavement, in a zombie state, not even Young Bae had moved but totally mesmerized by the song with such heartfelt lyrics ~

"I could lose my heart tonight

If you don't turn and walk away
'Cause the way I feel I might
Lose control and let you stay
'Cause I could take you in my arms
And never let go

[CHORUS:]
I could fall in love with you, (baby)
I could fall in love with you, (baby)

I can only wonder how...
Touching you would make me feel
But if I take that chance right now
Tomorrow will you want me still
So I should keep this to myself
And never let you know

I could fall in love with you, (baby)
I could fall in love with you, (baby)

And I know it's not right
And I guess I should try
To do what I should do
But I could fall in love, (mb)
fall in love with you, (baby)
I could fall in love with you, (baby)

[Spanish solo]
Siempre estoy so'ando en ti
besando mis labios,
acariciando mi piel,
abrazandome con ansias
imaginando que me amas
como yo podria amarte.

So I should keep this to myself
And never let you know

[CHORUS:]
I could fall in love, (I could fall in love, 
I could fall inlove, (fall in love)
with you!, (baby)... (mb)...

I could fall in love, fall in love with you! (baby)...
I could fall in love, fall in love with you!, (baby)..."
 
When the song had ended, automatically both of them gets out from their trances. Young Bae turns abruptly to the girl in the driver's seat. He is surprised that Ji Eun had been watching him with a shy smile on her cute face. Young Bae too unknowingly smile. In his mind, there are like currents going through it that makes him feeling more nervous as it his. He tried to say something because he need to say something in this super awkward situation.
 
'Should I or should I just let it go and wait for some other time? What if it will be too late and Ji Eun-ah have found someone better than me?' various of questions now flooded his mind. And it is not helping him a bit. Taking a long breathe, and exhaling it with counting to ten in his mind, he decided to go for it, but Ji Eun had beat him to it.
 
"Young Bae-sshi...I could fall in love with you..." Ji Eun keeps her gaze anywhere but Young Bae. Feeling somewhat foolish for following Seohyun fatal advice because this is indeed fatal for her. She might lose him forever if he don't feel the same way like her.
 
"Well, I could fall in love with you too, Ji Eun-ah," comes Young Bae gentle voice replying to Ji Eun love confession.
 
Only then, did the gilr looks up with tears in her eyes to Young Bae.
 
"Omo...I'm gonna faint now...!!" Ji Eun started to wave herself with her hand as the fan. Young Bae could only laugh at the cuteness of his now girlfriend. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Additional characters ~ Kwon Jiyong (as Young Bae bestie), Seohyun (as Ji Eun bestie) & Yuri (as Young Bae ex wife) 

This story had been inspired by the song ~ 'I Could fall in love' sing by Selena.