SkyTempo Couple: ~ Back at One by Brian McKnight ~

♥ This I promise you...Saranghe ♥

I stood watching the empty bed that we used to share...

"Arghhh...I'm late for work!!" Chaerin shove away the blanket and quickly dash to the bathroom, pushing Seunghyun aside as he just comes out from the bathroom. Seunghyun could just smile at his wife habit of waking up late for work, almost every single day. It will be no use for her to lock the alarm clock where it will ends up been smashed at the wall of their bedroom.

After he wore his casual polo shirt and khaki pant that he had ironed it last night, he goes about to prepare for their breakfast while Chaerin bustling about the confinement of their room to get ready for work. "I could not believe that I had overslept again," she continues to nag when she join her husband at the breakfast table. Seunghyun lean down to peck a kiss on her make-up cheek. 

I closed my eyes as I stood in the middle of our lavish kitchen, just remembering our early morning bantering...

Then Chaerin points out to her prince-looking husband who towered her about few feets above her short height, "And you...No more s during the any days in the week."

Seunghyun knows his wife is just pulling his leg but for the fun of early morning argument, he goes along with it. "So you are depriving me of and I could only show you my animalistic behaviour on the weekend?"

Chaerin could not help but let out a giggle when she think of all the nights where she needs to tame that animal in Seunghyun. "Oh stop it, dear animal of mine. I'm just joking with you." She winked. "I know. I just play along with our early morning fight." Seunghyun quickly pack Chaerin her lunch of salad that he had specially prepared for her, and grab her favourite apple juice from the fridge. He had packed it in a single lunch bag and pass it to her before she left for work.

I stood in the middle of the empty long road, watching your car vanish...

"See you later. And drive carefully, dear wife." He waved to Chaerin and watched her driving off to work. He make a quick prayer to the high Lord for His protection to the woman that he had taken as his wedded wife...not long before. 'Please protect her just like to keep your eye over the other one that I had lost before.'

Seunghyun then closed the door to his terrace house that he shared with Chaerin, and then head to the direction of his workplace. He own a bookstore that situated just beside the cafe where he usually stop by to enjoy the coffee that Ji-Eun-ah will make specially for him. When he walks past the cafe, he didn't see his usual bubbly barista but instead he saw Young Bae who wave his hand to him. He smile, instead of returning the gesture, he order a cuppa for him to enjoy, before he could open his bookstore. Glancing at his watch, he still have another 15 minutes to spare.

This is his morning regime. After ensure that dear wife had left for work, he will enjoy the short walk to his bookstore where he will did some reflection of life or just enjoy his morning walk. And before opening his bookstore, he will enjoy a cuppa in the cafe beside his bookstore, with the accompanying of either Ji-Eun-ah or sometime her boyfriend, Young Bae, well depend on his luck, with none of them.

Young Bae bring in his specially brewed coffee. It is just a simple Arabian black coffee that had always been his favourite choice. He looks up at the smiling face Young Bae. "So how are you, Young Bae? I heard from Ji Eun-ah that you have started working for Gaho club." He gesture for Young Bae to sit with him but the man decline and remain standing by his side.

He nodded. "Well, the job lighten my burden to pay mother hospital bills that's for sure, Seunghyun-sshi." Seunghyun knows from Ji Eun-ah of his struggle to care for his sick mother and his young daughter too that he had full custody over the child from his former wife. Seunghyun had offered to loan Young Bae some cash but the man had his pride in-check so he had refused flatly. He only accept if Seunghyun needs someone to work in his bookstore for a few hours if needed. "Well, I did need someone to mend the store on Sunday but only from morning to after lunch. Do you want the offer?"

"Of course, I am most willing to take the job offer, Seunghyun-sshi." And so Young Bae had work at Seunghyun bookstore on Sunday where he will be able to bring along his daughter So-ra to enjoy reading all the children books that Seunghyun happens to have.

They continues another few banal chat before Young Bae return to his duties as a barista. Seunghyun watch the young man working so hard for his family, well even work harder than anyone he knows of. He admired such great strong characters in Young Bae. Well the younger man and his bubblicious girlfriend had reminds of the younger version of him and his lovely wife Chaerin when they were much younger than now and so much in love without a care for the world. 

'Nothing can breaks us apart,' he whisper to no one but him. He left the cafe after paying for his coffee and head straight to his bookstore.

Seunghyun did have another worker who work for him. His name happens to be Kang Daesung, his store assistant. Daesung had worked for him since day 1 when he had open up this book business and had stayed loyal to him ever since. After 5 minutes he had open the store, Daesung arrived with his usual smiling face. Seunghyun could just smirk at how innocent that smile is.

"There is not a single day you are not that unhappy are you, Dae?" He asked as his hand is quick to punch in the security code for Daesung to start his job behind the cashier. "Nope. No time to be sad and stay angry." He chuckled.

"That's your motto in life? If it is, well, it is very inspiration, boy." Seunghyun pat the back of Daesung on his head, and walks straight to his sanctuary where he could get lost for an hour or two, just for him to memorise of what had been lost and what he had gratefully gain from. "I will be at the back, if there is anything that needed my attention, holler for me."

Daesung just nodded his head as he understand the emotional turbulent that his boss best friend is going through now, even though it had happens years before and he had also already move on from it. 

Once Seunghyun had closed the door of his office, taking the only seat behind the mahogany table that had stood majestically at the corner of his cramped office. The first thing that he did is to pull out a beautifully decorated file folder that he had always kept it at the second drawers of the desk.

Before he even flick the cover of the file folder, he reached over to switch on the radio and hit the play button of the CD player that he had already inserted their favourite song...the same song that reminds him of her...everything about her. 

Back to one by Brian McKnight.

One 
You're like a dream come true 
Two 
Just want to be with you 
Three 
Girl, it's plain to see 
That you're the only one for me 
And four 
Repeat steps one through three 
Five 
Make you fall in love with me 
If ever I believe my work is done 
Then I'll start back at one 

The song really reminds him of their love stories. His utterly gratefulness to the Lord for meeting him with such wonderful woman like her. He even played the song during their wedding and every aniversaries of their 5 years of marriage, even now that she had gone forever in his life. 

He did played the song during her funeral so that it will serve a gentle reminder for him of their love affair. Now, not only he played the song on their anniversary, or her birthday, or his birthday, even on the day he had lost her in that plane crashed that took her life forever. He had played it every single time when he remember of her and felt her...presence.

As the song played in the background, Seunghyun taking a long breathes as he flicked open the folder that contains everything about his late wife...their love letters...wedding vows that she had made him wrote it 1 month before the big day....even the old article that depicted the plane crashed.

But when he got the last part of the folder, he could not control his emotion no more. He break down with hot tears flowing down his handsome face.

Seunghyun was holding the picture of sonogram...showing their 8 weeks baby that together with Chaerin had died in that misfortune plane crashed.

I wish I could die together with the 2 of you....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Additional characters ~ Kang Daesung (as Seunghyun bestie), Ji Eun & Young Bae (as Seunghyun bestie).

This story had been inspired by the song ~ 'Back at One' sing by Brian McKnight.