Part 2

a Lonely Christmas

That night, as usual, Sehun is reviewing his lessons in his rooms. He almost forgot about the business card the talent scout guy gave him. As he reached his bag to take some books, that business card fell down to the floor. Sehun put that card and sit upon his bed and thinking. Suddenly he had an idea and take his phone and calling a number. 
“Oh, Kai-ah. I wonder if you know Mr. Choi Kang Seok? Yes, is he a SM scout talents? Ah, ok, I got it. No, nothing happened. Mm… Ok, good night”. Sehun took off his phone and looking at that card again. Is that person scouting me to join SM? But it’s weird... Kai had to go on an audition to be accepted as SM trainee. How could this guy just approaching me out of nowhere and scouted me? As he kept thinking, he walked toward a mirror in his rooms. Looking at his reflection in the mirror and made some expression, he started to think, well, my face isn’t bad. It’s perfect to be honest. I wonder if that guy scouted me because of my appearance. Back in his right mind, Sehun looked back at the business card and start to think if he should contact this scout talent guy or not. To be an idol was never been his dream in the first place. Somehow, his love at dance started to make him think twice. 
As he hasn’t decide yet what to do, he remember the pretty boy he met accidentally earlier. Perhaps that boy also scouted for SM. Didn’t want to bother by that small thing, Sehun tossed that business card away and start to do his study. However, the image of the pretty boy he met that day never left Sehun’s head…


“So you think I should go to SM?”
“Of course! What else? Don’t you know that this is a great opportunity? Come join and we could be trainee together. At least we can spend longer time together, right?”. Sehun looked blankly at his lunch as Kai mentioning the reason why he should contact the SM talent scout guy. Up till now, Sehun still couldn’t make up his mind. 
“It’s never been my dreams you know. To singing, to be an idol”
“Don’t say that kind of crap. I know you very well. I’m sure you’ll change your thought when you get there. You are good at dancing Sehunnie, don’t waste such a talent”. Sehun think about what was Kai talking about. It’s not like he didn’t want to go at all. He just needs a reason, a strong one. Suddenly Sehun remembered the pretty boy he met yesterday and being determined. 
“Today you also go for your trainee day right? Let’s go there together”. Kai nodded and smile at his friend happily think that in no time they will be spent more time together again. “Mm… let’s go together Sehunnie”. 


After school, the two boys went together to SM’s trainee place. Kai lingered his arm around Sehun’s shoulder who walked nervously. In no time, both arrived at SM’s trainee building. 
“Here we are. Hm? What are you doing Sehun? Are you going to stand there all day? You’ll block others. Come on. Follow me”. Uncertainly, Sehun follows Kai to the inside of building. They went to the second floor and Kai knocked a door to an office. Both enter the office and Sehun saw a familiar face, a guy who gave him a business card. That guy was talking to a boy with a gold-colored hair like a honey. That guy who is revealed to be Mr. Choi noticed Sehun’s arrival. 
“Oh! The Running Boy! So you’ve made up your mind? I’m glad you come” Sehun bowed to Mr. Choi as Kai explained to Mr. Choi that Sehun is his friend. As Kai and Mr. Choi had a conversation, the boy who Mr. Choi talked to turned his head toward Sehun’s direction. Sehun startled, he felt a jab on his chest. It was that pretty boy he met earlier. That boy bowed and smiled to Sehun and Sehun awkwardly bowed back. 
“Ok, Luhan. That’s for now. You could go right away to practice room, Kai will accompanying you. I need to talk to this new comers”, said Mr. Choi as he invited Sehun to sit down. Mr. Choi started to talk to Sehun about terms and condition to be a SM’s trainee. But, at this state, Sehun couldn’t hear at all Mr. Choi’s voice. His soul already flew away together with Kai and that pretty boy who he knew named Luhan leaving Mr. Choi’s office. After a short chit-chat that feels like a year for Sehun, he leaves Mr. Choi’s office and going to practice room. Somehow, a little deep in his heart, just a little, he wish he would meet Luhan again. 
When Sehun enter the practice room, there were already 11 people in there. Sehun silently scanned the room, tried to find his current interest. And, here he is. Standing in the corner. Having a chit-chat with other boy. Sehun cleared his throat to make a noise. Everyone in the room turned their heads to Sehun. 
“Oh! Sehunnie! You came? Come here. Hyung, this is Sehun. He just came today to join training with us. He is my friend. Please take care of him”. Kai introduce Sehun as Sehun bowed to the people in the room. It’s been their habits. Sehun is a silent boy who is never introduced his self on the first place. It was always Kai’s job to introduce Sehun. It was always like that. 
“Oh! Sehun, welcome! I’m Suho, and the one next to me is Lay. Those two boys in the bench is Chanyeol and Baekhyun. And that two sitting there is Tao and Kris. They who are standing in front mirror are Chen, and D.O, and those chit-chatting over there are Luhan and Xiumin”. As Suho introduce persons in the room, one by one, those people waves their hands to Sehun and welcoming him. Sehun bowed to them one by one but his eyes were fixed on a figure he was longing. Luhan.