Part 15

a Lonely Christmas

I’m sooooooo sooooorryyyy for the late update dearest readers-nim~ ㅠㅠ

잘 못해습니다 죄송합니다 ㅠㅠ ㅠㅠ

I’ve been busy for my internship program so I hardly found a time to write. I’m sorry for the long wait everyone, hope this is for the last time~

Anyway, this chapter will tell you more about something untold before than hunhan relationship, so be patient to see another romance of our favorite couple~

As the compensation, I’ll make this chapter a bit longer than others. Spoiler: the story almost come to the end!

Enjoy!

 

 
 

 

 

 

 

Flashback

“Jun Yi, you are not going yet? Today is Luhan’s debut right?”, a woman shouted from kitchen. A young man with a tall figured and strong gaze been busy in his room upstairs. He was preparing a big poster. With a big smile in his face he looks satisfied to what he’s been doing.

“Yes, mom! I’ll be going right away”, he answered to the woman. He ran downstairs to the kitchen and picked up a snack that his mom made and chewed it.

“It never crossed in my mind that Luhan will be an artist. I mean, he was just a little boy back then. Oh, how time flies so fast”, the woman said as she did her cooking.

“Me too mom. It seems like just yesterday we lied in our school’s back yard and talked about our dreams. Suddenly he was there, give a shape to his dream”, Jun Yi added as he smiled and remembering the good old days.

“Are you alright going to Korea all by your self?”, the woman asked Jun Yi as she kept busy cooking.

“Of course I’ll be okay. I’ve been there before, remember?”, Jun Yi responded as he packed up some cookies.

“But you were together with Luhan when you went there for the first time”, the woman showed her concern. Jun Yi walked to the living room to prepare his backpack. He took his passport and the ticket plane above the table and put them in his backpack.

“What’s the different? Back then we were so young, so it was scary to go alone. But it’s been years, I’m growing up. So, it’s fine for me now mom. Don’t worry”, Jun Yi smiled to his mom and give her a peck on her cheek.

“I’ll be back soon, don’t worry. I’m going. Don’t call me too much!”, Jun Yi said his goodbye as he walked to the front door and waving his hand to his mom.

 

“Wow, indeed, he is changing a lot. Look at his face. He was just a young boy with a runny nose and silly eyes back then! Now look and his image, ouh, his gaze! His expression! Did he also learn to pose as a trainee?”, Jun Yi looked at the posters that patched along the wall to the building’s wall where EXO will held their debut stage. Though he seems mocked Luhan’s poster, the feeling of pride clearly shown in his face. After sight seeing, that young man Jun Yi looked at his wrist watch and startled.

“Oh, it’s almost the time! I should be ready”, Jun Yi ran quickly toward the stage.

 

As he stood in front of the stage, he looked around. The crowds were really no joke. Jun Yi was wondering, it’s their debut stage, yet they already gained this much attentions. Though he was being pressed by people around him, he already made his way as close as possible from the stage. He opened his backpack and put out the poster that he made and spread it out right before EXO members came out. Jun Yi was stoned as he watched the group, or watched Luhan to be exact. He was so amazed to Luhan’s moved. He almost screams, he was so happy to see Luhan again. He couldn’t help it, he screamed out Luhan’s name while raising the posters. He was so excited hoping Luhan will look at him.

 

“Luhan, I made it! I made my promise to you! I came to your first stage!”, Jun Yi screamed but somehow his voice disappeared by people’s noise. He kept on jumping and screaming and raising his poster, but Luhan was so concentrated on his first stage so he didn’t watch Jun Yi. Jun Yi felt a bit disappointed, but he tried to understand. After the stage, it’s time to member’s interview. Jun Yi listened carefully though he barely understands Korean. He just excited to saw Luhan, every little thing Luhan do will amazed him. Somehow, Luhan’s acted kind of distract him. He saw that Luhan slightly a little too close to a tall young boy that he discovered later as the group’s maknae. He saw that the two often touch each other and busy with their own world. That young boy seems too attached to Luhan. But, what’s more disturbing Jun Yi is the fact that Luhan seemed enjoyed his self to be with that young boy. Slowly, Jun Yi’s exciting gaze toward Luhan turned into disbelieved gaze

 

“So, is this why you never contacted me again? I thought you were busy with your training, turned out you were just busy with this little kid. Silly me for believe in you”, Jun Yi laughed in despair as he folded his poster and threw it to the ground. Jun Yi felt his tears were about to streaming as he turned and walk away from the event. Right where he turned his back, Luhan looked on him….

End of flashback

 

“Hyung, it’s almost Christmas right? Let’s buy something for each other. What do you want for Christmas? I’ll buy it for you, just tell me what you want”, Sehun said to Luhan as both were standing side by side in the dorm’s balcony.

“What is it? Are you a genie?”, Luhan responded as he giggled and jokingly punched Sehun’s cheek.

“Yes! Can’t you see it? I’m genie for your dream…”, Sehun teased Luhan as he danced to SNSD’s Genie choreography. Luhan laughed out and tickled Sehun’s waist.

“Hyung! Stop it! Let’s go, let’s go find something for the members and for each of us”, Sehun stopped Luhan from tickling him and dragged him to the dorm’s front door.

“Wait a minute! Sehunnie, can I borrow one of your coat?”, Luhan stopped Sehun when both almost reached the front door.

“Why? Sure, picked one”, Sehun answered as he told Luhan to pick the coat by himself in their room.

Luhan ran toward their room and busy searching Sehun’s wardrobe.

“I’ll pick the one you wore the most, this one”, Luhan said as he showed Sehun the coat that he picked. Sehun nodded to Luhan choice and wait for Luhan to get ready in the hallway.

“What’s with that, hyung? Why you wore insoles that high?”, Sehun asked to Luhan as he watched Luhan put high insoles in his shoes. Luhan wore his shoes and stood beside Sehun and looked proud as he measured his height and Sehun’s height with his palm.

“I just want to know how it feels to be a tall man like you. Let’s go”, he twinned his arms around Sehun’s and together walked out of the dorm.

 

After both of them got what they need, they casually walked back to the dorm when Luhan felt someone was definitely tailing them. Luhan put his hat on and he dragged Sehun to turned to the nearest store.

“What’s wrong hyung?”, Sehun asked with puzzled eyes. Luhan just put his finger in his lips and told Sehun to stay quiet. Luhan peeked out from the store’s window. It was the same strange person from the others days. The one who tried to attacked Sehun.

“You wait here, I need to assuring something”, Luhan said quietly to Sehun’s right ear.

“What is it hyung? What happen? Where are you going?”, Sehun tried to stopped Luhan to get an answer but Luhan already flew away from the store and back to the sidewalk.

As he out of the store, Luhan deepened his hat on his head, made people hard to recognize him. After slowly checked the situations around, he started to walk slowly when suddenly a man wore all black bumped so hard on him. On purpose. Luhan felt so hard on the ground while that person ran away.

Sehun who witnessed that accident from the store quickly ran out of the store and helped Luhan to stood up and cursed the person who was already disappeared from their sight.

“Hyung, are you alright? What’s that person problem? Seriously…hyung, should we go to the hospital? Did you hurt somewhere?”, Sehun said worriedly as he scanned Luhan from head to toe. Luhan slowly let go off Sehun’s hand and smiled.

“That’s alright, hyung is fine. At least now I’m certain on something…”

 

It was late in the evening, Luhan and Sehun both sat down in the dinning table facing each other. Luhan peeled of an orange and fed it to Sehun who was busy playing game in his phone.

 

“Sehunnie…hyung want to talk about something”, Luhan started the conversation as he feed Sehun the orange.

“What is it?”, Sehun responded as he chewed the orange with his eyes fixed on his phone. Luhan paused for a second. Doubting whether he should discuss this matter with Sehun or not.

“That… you know, those accidents…that attacker-“

“Stop it hyung. Stop it right there, don’t talk any further about that matter”, Sehun retorted as he put down his phone and looked straight to Luhan’s eyes. Luhan gulped as he look down to his intertwined fingers.

“I’m sorry. You must be still terrified about that accident, that’s why you-“

“That’s not it. I did terrify for the first time, but now I get used to it”, Sehun coldly cut Luhan’s word.

 

“The reason why I don’t want to talk about this matter is because I hate to see hyung worry. I hate to see you worried about me. I want to be the person who brings happiness to you, not the reason for your worries. I hate that”, Sehun said as he back to his phone. Luhan smiled as he looked to Sehun, thinking how cute this young boy who sat in front of him.

 

“Sehunnie, let’s go out tomorrow, hyung want to show you something special. But we can’t go together, would you wait for me on the bubble tea shop? Hyung’ll come afterward”, Luhan told Sehun as he fed Sehun with another orange. Sehun gladly accept accept Luhan invitation and smiled brightly.

“Can hyung borrow your coat again?”, Luhan asked. Sehun nodded to Luhan’s question as he said, “Do it as you want, choose anything that you want to wear…”

 

“Aish, what take this hyung so long time? I’ve been waiting here alone for 30 minutes. Did he forget about our meeting?”, Sehun said to himself as he checked his phone and tried to call Luhan.

“He didn’t answer his phone?! Where the hell is this hyung? Aish!”, Sehun grumbling to his phone as he slurped his bubble tea. Time keep ticking, it’s been an hours since Sehun wait alone on the bubble tea shop. He never looked this pathetic he was started to pitying himself. Now there are two empty bubble tea cups in front of him. He almost ordered his third cup when he finally decided to left the bubble tea shop.

 

Sehun walked limply on the side walk, he didn’t angry toward Luhan, he just felt pity to himself. “Hyung must be busy, I should understand that. But, how can he forget me?! It’s me! How could he forget?! Unforgivable!”, he walked as he kicked stone on the road and hurt his foot. When he walked across a convenient store, he watched two familiar figures that were sat down outside the convenient store facing each other.

 

“So you were here? Were your date going great?”, Sehun asked sarcastically as he approached those two familiar figures.

Luhan and Kai startled to see Sehun who appeared right before their eyes. Both stood up quickly, stuttered to tell Sehun what was actually going on.

“Sehun. this is not like what you were thinking about, we-“, Luhan tried to explain while Kai hold Sehun’s arm to calm him down.

“Then what?! And then what is exactly going on?! Don’t you know how long I wait for you on our meeting place?! Alone!”, Sehun now completely shouted to Luhan.

He pulled his arm harshly from Kai’s grip. Sehun looked angrily toward Luhan and Kai. He felt cheated, by his loved ones. He shook his head in disbelieved as he stare at Luhan and noticing something and laughed in despair.

“Look at you, you even wore the coat that you borrow from me to meet HIM?”, Sehun shouted as he pointing toward Kai’s face.

“Seriously hyung?! Is he the reason you forgetting me?! Letting me waited for you alone?! So, this is what you wanted to show me?! Now I got it… I’m done with this”, Sehun coldly end his words as he walked away from Luhan and Kai.

He could hear both Luhan and Kai were calling out his name, but his legs just kept walking. He was so mad this time, he didn’t want to hear any explanation, he just wanted to be alone…

 

“Kai-ah, I’ll go after Sehunnie, you go meet Suho and talked about what we discussed earlier, got it? I count on you Kai-ah”, Luhan said to Kai as he walked to chase Sehun.

“I got it. Be careful hyung!”, Kai shouted to Luhan who already flew away. Somehow he felt guilty for what just happened. But it was for Sehun’s sake.

 

Luhan run so hard to chase Sehun, he almost out of his breath. Though he chase so hard, Sehun already gone by a taxi. He just a second late. Luhan panted on the side walk holding his knees. Because the high insole that he put on his shoes, running become so hard for him. He was about to turned back when he saw a person wore all black run toward him and bumped into him. After that person bumped into him, the time feels like stopping. Slowly Luhan could feel a strong pain in his tummy. Luhan looked downward and he saw his front cloth stained in red. That person’s hand attached onto him. When that person slowly remove his hand, Luhan saw a knife stabbed in his stomach.

Luhan hold his breath, tried to endure the pain that become stronger and stronger. Slowly Luhan gaze up toward the person who stabbed him. He startled as he founded that person who stabbed him also startled to what he has done. Luhan slowly collected his breath as he spoke with low voice almost whispering.

“Jun Yi… Is that you? Jun Yi? Jun Yi…”, Luhan talked as he slowly fell on his knees.

“No… what have I done?! No! That’s not it! You supposed to be that kid-I-I thought-you were that spoiled kid-no!”, Jun Yi drop the knife as he flew away.

 

Luhan couldn’t take the aches anymore. He lied on the ground, holding his stomach with his right hand. Slowly his sight became blurry. He could hear everybody’s scream around him. He also could hear someone shouted to call an ambulance. Slowly he felt the air become colder. Now he barely sees anything, barely hear anything. The pain that he felt on his tummy was getting stronger and stronger.

Somehow Luhan get used to the pain as he slowly felt sleepy. He could still hear the crowd that gathered around him when he decides to took a sleep. Just a sleep won’t hurt anyone; he thought as he slowly close his eyes…