★ // Chin Yie Jun || YJay ||

★ DeZaster || New Girl Group || SM Ent. || Story Starting!!!★

CHIN YIE JUN'S P.O.V.

It's already 7 at night. I was suppose to be at home showering at my dorm and eating dinner that my best roomie, Zelia had prepared. I breathe in and out slowly trying to calm myself down. Tomorrow, i will be auditioning for the new girl group with Zelia. I really wish that both of us can go in the same group together. Zelia is very talented so she have confidence that she can be accepted, but i have only trained for 1 and half years and i am worried that i would trip or maybe i lose my voice and  embarrassed myself infront of the judges or maybe some people who's there. With this thought, I continue to train for the night.

Next day, a flock of girls are lining up to pick up their numbers. All of them are so pretty, delicated plus full of determination. When the number 194 is called, i was nervous( i don't know how to describe it but it's nervous level 100) praying luck for Zelia and also me, who will be call next. I started humming a random tune trying to calm my heatbeat from beating really fast against my ribcage.

Finally, after hours of waiting, number 195 is called. I can feel myself sweating. At first, i feel like backing out but i don't want to disappoint Zelia. After a while, i finally gather all my courage and build up my spirit. I knocked on the door before i get in. I stepped in the middle of the spotlight and look up. I let out a sigh of relieve when i saw my dance instructor, my vocal teacher were on the audience seat and also a guy that i don't know.

"Hello, introduce yourself please"

"annyeonghasaeyo~ I'm Chin Yie Jun and i'm 17 years old this year"

"How long have you trained?" asked one of the judges.

"one and a half year"

"So, what makes you think you can join the new girl group with only that amount of years trained?"

This question made me stop and think. I inhale trying not to feel so underestimated.

"I know there are girls who's much more prettier also talented than me, i didn't think that i can be accepted for this opportunity, but i wanted to give myself a chance. A chance to do what i like, what i enjoy and what i've been dreaming of. A chance to make my dream come true and also to experience this so next time i wouldn't be shiverring like this"

They all laughed at my last statement.

"well, tell me when you're ready"

"I am. and i'll be singing Miracles in December by Exo" I replied.

Just as the music starts, I build up my strength and keep encouraging myself that i can do it. I sang passionately and let the emotions flow through my mind. I totally agreed that this song is so difficult to sing by a soloist because you must have the perfect timing of breathing also how to control your notes since this song suppose to be sing by 3 people. 

After i'm done, the judges thanked me for auditioning and they also mentioned to wait for the result.

Weeks later, I found two letters were given to us after we finsihed our training. One of them are with Zelia's name typed on it and one is mine. We glanced at each other, knowing that our fate lays on that piece of letter. We went inside and placed the letter nicely together on the coffee table. We then settle down on the sofa. No word exchanged. We know what we were thinking. i respect your decision. But, I was eager to opened the letter but the other half of me was like encouraging me not to, unless both of us opened it together.

"Should we?" Zelia break the silence.

Hesitantly, we reach for the envelop and slowly open it. I scanned through the letter and read it silently.Suddenly, I almost caught the main point of my letter and at the same time, I heard Zelia started sobbing. I panic and snatched her letter and started reading her main parts.

' We are sorry to inform you this but please keep up your hardwork for next time'

Zelia forced a smiled and encourage me to continue reading mine. I was more nervous than ever. If she cannot pass it, means that i will have less chance to get accepted. 

'Congratulation! Please come to the director's office at 8am this sunday. Thankyou'

I look up in sad eyes. "I passed". At this very moment, i don't know if i should feel happy about it or be sad. Happy that i passed or Sad that we're gonna be seperated.

"Congrats. you passed, go for it. I believe in you" Zelia said as she sniffed and at the same time she tries to be happy. But there is an obvious hint of sadness in her voice.

"But we promised that we will go through this together, plus you deserve this more than i do"

"No. I don't and i planned on going home if i failed again this time, I missed my family" Before I could continue, she cut me off.

"Go for it, or you may bever had this chance again"

That is the last thing i heard from her because the next day, her room is empty. Leaving behind the letter aside.


AN : meet Chin Yie Jun, she worries a lot and yet, she manage to persuade people. FYI, coolgirl aka my co-author wrote this herself so yea....and there's more about her you don't know and aboout to be reveal in some other chapters~ :D moreover, they all went audition on the same day~