ACT 02

[DISCONTINUED] Imperfectly Perfect
I think it would be better if you read this while playing a sad violin or piano song. It helps get in the mood. 
 
~please join camaraderie RP~  author-nim is there :DDDD
-------------------
 
Woohyun sits at his office so early in the morning sipping a 4 hour old coffee. He grimaced at the taste and slammed the mug on the floor. The shattering was so loud that his secretary comes running inside his office. Clearly worried. Without bothering to let his secretary talk, he threw out an order at the girl.
 
"Call myungsoo. I want a proper coffee." He said. His secretary was about to ask if her boss was ok, but woohyun hates delays, and so, woohyun shot her a death glare. The girl immediately went out. 
 
Woohyun hasn't slept for 2 days. 
And when he lacks sleep, he's very grumpy. 
He shuffles the paperwork in his table and ruffles his hair in frustration. 
 
He was about to break some vases when the door swung open.
 
"Someone ordered for coffee?" Myungsoo said with a smile while he uses his back to hold open the door as he hold with the both of his hands the tray that held woohyun's blessed coffee.  
 
"What took you so long." Woohyun said while walking over the grinning Myungsoo and harshly grabbing his cup of coffee while downing it on one go.
 
"It tastes nice right?" Myungsoo asked. "It tastes just right." He said. 
Woohyun sighed in relief once he felt the warm coffee go down his throat. He then placed the cup back in the tray and grabbed the other one that he hasn't touched yet. He walked back to his chair and plopped down. 
 
"Yes myung, it tastes devine." He sarcastically said. Myungsoo just flashed a wide grin. But soon, his grin faltered once he saw the huge stacks of papers in woohyun's table and the dark circles under his eyes. 
 
"How long have you been up?"  Myungsoo asked while holding the silver tray under his armpit. 
 
"I dont know .. 2 days?" He said while reading more of a document. 
 
Myungsoo sighed. "You need to sleep."
 
"I don't want to." 
"But you need to." 
"But i don't want to." 
"But you need to." 
"But i don't want to."
"But. You. Clearly. Need. To." Myungsoo retorted. 
 
Woohyun, clearly irritated, threw a folder filled with thick documents at myungsoo's way. Woohyun likes to throw things at people, but he doesn't really have a good aim. 
 
"Tsk tsk tsk. If you want to throw people something, aim it properly!!" Myungsoo yelled. 
 
Woohyun just drank the last drop from his coffee and also threw it at myungsoo who successfully caught it.
 
"These are expensive!! These cups came from italy!" Myungsoo yelled at woohyun who shot him a glare.
 
"I'll buy you a crate of those damn cups if you'll leave me alone." 
Myungsoo huffed. "Fine fine. But hyun .. I'm worried about you. Please take care of yourself ok?" 
"Yeah i will" woohyun said while frantically typing on his laptop. Not even taking what myungsoo said seriously. 
 
When woohyun heard the door slam, he immediately shut his laptop off and stood up to watch the city move at his huge glass window. 
 
The truth is, business is like a piece of pie to woohyun. 
The stacks of papers in his table only take a few hours for him to finish. 
But theres something thats on his mind a lot lately. 
 
Its that caramel colored haired boy. 
That boy whom he sees no imperfection. 
 
"Where the hell are you Kim whatever your name is, why cant you just ing get off my head!!" 
 
Woohyun leaned his head against the glass window.
 
"I need to see you." He said before falling down on the floor to catch his sleep.
 
----------------------
 
Woohyun later on woke up inside a room in what he assumed as the myungsoo's house. 
 
He sat up and groaned in frustration once he remembered the unfinished papers in his table. He immediately went out of the room and saw a myungsoo whose cooking up something delicious. 
 
He looked out of the window and saw that it was already night time. And from what he remembered, it was morning when he was at his office. 
 
"Oh hyun, you're awake." Myungsoo said and woohyun just slowly nodded.
"What .. H-happened?" He asked. 
"I found you sleeping on the floor in your office. See? I told you you need sleep." 
"Yeah yeah whatever." Woohyun then sat down on the dining table chair and propped his arms on the table. 
"What-ya cookin?" He asked. 
"Roast beef and potatoes." 
 
Woohyun grinned. 
 
"They're my favorite" 
 
--------------------
 
Sunggyu walks alone in the lonely streets of seoul under the pouring rain. His lashes and hair, wet with the rain, and his clothes, drenched from the downpour. 
 
The usual judgmental eyes observe him as he walk like the broken man that he is. He sighed. "I just need to get past this year and i'll be fine." He muttered to himself. "But where will i get the money .. " 
 
Tuition payment's 2 weeks from now and sunggyu lacks a huge sum of money. He filled in for scholarship numerous times to lessen what he pays but still he got denied. "It must be my fault." He told himself. "Why did i even bother going to a rich kid's school? Maybe i shouldn't have dreamt that much and went to low class universities .. " 
 
He fiddles with the hem of his wet shirt while he waits for the bus to come at the bus stop so that he can go to his morning job. 
 
Everybody watches the drenched stupid looking boy stand inside the bus while holding the railings. They all whisper and gossip about him. Saying a lot of hurtful things. Like how scary his squinty eyes are. How ridiculously pale looking he is. How he resembles a robber. And how pitiful and stupid he looks. 
 
Sunggyu just looks down at his shoes while he pretend not to hear a single thing they're saying. But deep inside, he's heard enough. Enough to break his heart into a million pieces. 
 
He got off the bus once he reached the 5th stop. 
As soon as he got off, the murmurs and whispers got louder. He looked back at the whispering people and all just looked at him with such scared eyes. He pursed his lips and finally got off. 
 
He crossed the street and finally arrived at the 5 star pent house restaurant with his clothes heavily drenched. 
 
"Gyu?!! What the hell happened to you!" His manager asked him in a loud angry tone. It was so loud that it echoed in the entire restaurant. Loud enough to make everyone stop with what they're doing and look at the tense scene unfolding before them. 
 
However, sunggyu's face was placid. His eyes were hollow and unblinking. Although he looks like he's not in the world anymore, he still hears every word his manager throws at him. 
 
"Gyu .. Please change, you're ruining the carpet." His manager said and he silently nodded. 
 
All eyes were on him as he change. 
Eying every imperfection, every screw up, every scar his body has. He slightly trembles with the attention that has been given unto him. 
'Please ..' He thought to himself. 'Please stop judging me.' 
 
As soon as he sent his clothes at the dry-cleaners of the hotel and finished changing into his waitering clothes, he headed out to the 'main floor' or the service area to attend each costumer's request. 
 
He silently walks toward each costumer who had their hands poised up. Calling for a server's attention. 
 
Sunggyu does his job skillfully with small meek smiles to rich mistresses, and slight bows to young masters. The restaurant he works at is where the elite comes to eat. He wouldnt have worked here at all when he suddenly  heard that this is Nam Woohyun's favorite restaurant. Although, he never saw the man eat there once. 
 
Everyone was peacefully doing what they please even in the harsh weather when a handsome, beautiful looking man suddenly came in. Everyone's eyes grew big when they saw the person. The staff immediately went into a silent panic when they saw the boy. But Sunggyu, Sunggyu was far too absorbed with his problem. He didn't even notice that there was his clumsy co-worker behind him who's threatening to hurt anyone at his close proximity. 
 
The other waiter stumbled in his steps and almost poured the hot soup into the important elite. That is . . . until Sunggyu got in the way. 
 
The whole contents of the pot spilled over sunggyu's entire left arm. He immediately fell down on his knees once he felt the dizzying pain of the stinging heat. The feeling was very similar to blade cutting skin but worse. Much much worse. 
 
He tried to bite back the urge to scream in pain because he knows that if he does, the guests will be distracted from enjoying their meal. And so, he just knelt there in the carpeted floor, biting his lower lip to prevent any moans of pain from escaping his chopped lips while clutching his burnt arm ever so tightly. 
 
He felt a hand run through his back as if it was comforting him. 
But soon, he felt two strong arms hoist him up and a voice of a familiar person apologizing. 
 
He was rushed to the employee's lounge where a bucket of ice-cold water awaits him. They immediately dunked his whole left arm in it. He stopped biting down his pain and so he freely screamed from the friction of cold water and his cooked arm. 
 
As soon as his co-worker who studies nursing noticed that the arm stopped cooking from the intense heat, he removed it from the ice-cold bucket of water. He grabbed a first aid kit and started applying some burn ointment and bandaged his blotchy arm. 
 
Sunggyu freely cried on his own once his co-worker left. 
He hugged his knees and rested his head between them. 
'Why are you such a retard?!' He yelled at himself. 'Its not that hard to avoid johnny .. He's very easy to see .. ' 
 
He continued sobbing while mentally cursing at himself when he suddenly heard his manager's voice. 
 
"Sunggyu .." The man said. "I'm sorry but--"
"No!!" Sunggyu yelled before his manager could finish his sentence. "Please .. I promise i'll be better!! I'll be more aware!!" He said. His manager just sighed and said. "Go home .. You're fired." He flatly said. 
 
Sunggyu was about to protest but his manager just suddenly left. 
"Stupid." He muttered as he lean his back at the cold locker doors. 
He then started changing his clothes and left his waitering attire at his locker. He didn't bother saying goodbye to his co-workers because he knows that no one cares if he leaves. He thinks that everyone figured that the place would be better without him. So he just left. Not even noticing that the elite whom he protected was eying him the whole time. 
 
------------------
 
Even if sungjong thought that its better to leave everything to his brother when it comes to finding 'the one', he still sets his brother up with strangers. And of course, woohyun just looks at them with such disgust. 
 
"Pathetic"
"Stupid"
""
"Gold-digger"
"Retard."
"Nerd"
"Weirdo"
"Fatty"
"Disgusting."
"Please go, i don't want to see your face ever again. Its .. A nightmare." 
"Have you heard of plastic surgery? Why don't you try it? Its really nice." 
 
Sungjong just sighs as he hears what his brother has to say about all those people whom he met for just 5 minutes. 
 
"I mean c'mon jong!! Do i look like i'm interested in music?! no i'm not!!  That girl-- she's just -- ugghh!! Annoying!! Beethoven this, Beethoven that, its so annoying!!" His brother complained as he plop himself down at the couch. 
 
"Oh c'mon hyung!! Do you know how ha--"
 
"Please jong." His brother said. "I've had enough of your reasons. I never asked you to do these things for me. Just stop then if you hate this so much." 
 
"You know i cant do that hyung .. Mom will--"
 
"Yeah, mom this mom that. Then don't listen to her!! I don't care if i die alone or whatever?!! Doesn't this company matter more? Matter more than us? Matter more than me??" He yelled. 
 
Sungjong was speechless. 
Their family is not what you might want to call 'happy.' It has been taken over by greed. Sometimes, sungjong likes to think that woohyun became like that because of their parents. 
 
Woohyun was a broken boy when he saw his real mom die. Sungjong was a witness to it too. Ever since then, that was the last time he saw his brother cry. Then his father re-married, and everything just went from bad, to worse. 
 
"Just leave me alone to die for all i care." He said. Snapping sungjong's thoughts off. 
 
"Hyung .. I cant just let you have a life like that!!"
 
"Well please .. Lay off .. I don't need anyone." 
 
Woohyun then walked out from his brother's condo and sped away in his Ferrari.
 
 'I don't need anyone else but me.' He thought to himself. 
 
------------------
 
Sungjong sits in the same chair as he did the last time when he was at the restaurant. His brother used to love the place. Well .. That is until his mother died. Since then, he stopped coming there. 
 
He sits in those soft chairs near the window where you can see the cars roam around in the road. He remembered that woohyun used to sit next to the window all the time. Yelling everything he sees at his mom. Sungjong missed that. 
 
Sungjong bitterly smiles as he takes a sip of the bitter sweet wine. His tears begin to fall out of their own accord and sungjong just wipes them off with the table napkin. 
 
"Sunggyu .. Next time, don't forget your papers." He heard someone say. Snapping himself from his thoughts. 
 
"I'm s-sorry." The boy 'sunggyu' said. 
"Here" a man then handed the pale boy a folder filled with paper. 
 
'Isn't that .. The guy who helped me the other day?' He thought to himself. 
 
The pale boy with a bandaged arm bowed down and left. 
Sungjong was fast so he grabbed his phone and took a photo of the boy for some reason. For him, it feels right to take that person's photo. 
 
"Sunggyu huh .. " he muttered to himself. "What a nice name."  
 
--------------------
 
I had to listen to sad violin or piano songs just to write this. 
Its hard to get the feeling of depression and sadness when you're not sad yourself. Hope you like this chappie. I'm really nervous with this fanfic. I feel like i cant afford to write such a boring thing. 
 
I'm thinking of entering this story in a writing contest .. You know .. The snowflake writing contest?
But i'm afraid this isnt good enough ; n ; 
 
Comment comment 
Subscribe subscribe
Upvote upvote